UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I appreciate the enthuisiasm of one Jim Kelly, and I know that Coach Gailey thinks he is an engaging young man, I don't want Timmy here. My reasoning is twofold ... one, he is a warm weather QB (not a Cali QB, but not much difference) ... not too many snow games in the SEC. Two, he doesn't have the strongest arm or throw the tighest spiral - a real issue in the swirling winds at the Ralph. Add in the "walk on water" evangelical credo and I have to pass. Am I off base? Flame away.

timtebow does haiku:

timtebow timbow

timbow timtebow timbow

timtebow timbow

I see you have gotten really into this Tim Tebow thread, despite being against it at first.

For you, I see it is Tim Tebow all the time!

I see you have gotten really into this Tim Tebow thread, despite being against it at first.

For you, I see it is Tim Tebow all the time!

I'm trying to drive everyone crazy. How am I doing?

timtebowtimtebowtimtebowtimtebowtimtebowtimtebowtimtebowtimtebowtimtebowtimtebow

timtebowtimtebowtimtebowtimtebowtimtebowtimtebowtimtebowtimtebowtimtebowtimtebow

I'm trying to drive everyone crazy. How am I doing?

I'm pretty sure all you're doing is getting your post count just that much closer to 20k :thumbsup:

I can't see him making it past Jacksonville at 10 let alone making it to 41. I will say I bet there is discussion on taking him at 9 by the braintrust, it all depends on if Gailey thinks he can fix his delivery which I think he can.

B word and whine all you want, he is a leader, he is a winner and he is the type of player that can will a team to win and THAT is the thing that has been most lacking on this team for a long time. We have read the articles on how the Pistol offense helps young QB's. We have read how Gailey has done more with less of a QB than Tebow. If the delivery can be fixed, then this kid SHOULD be our pick.

I can't see him making it past Jacksonville at 10 let alone making it to 41. I will say I bet there is discussion on taking him at 9 by the braintrust, it all depends on if Gailey thinks he can fix his delivery which I think he can.

B word and whine all you want, he is a leader, he is a winner and he is the type of player that can will a team to win and THAT is the thing that has been most lacking on this team for a long time. We have read the articles on how the Pistol offense helps young QB's. We have read how Gailey has done more with less of a QB than Tebow. If the delivery can be fixed, then this kid SHOULD be our pick.

I don't know whether Tebow will ever be a successful QB in the NFL, but everything I've read suggests it will

be a struggle for him to get to that level. All of his leadership and intangibles will evaporate quickly if he has

to sit for a year or two while he changes his delivery and learns to read an NFL defense. Likewise, nobody will

be following him if he is throwing ducks and getting picked off by NFL defensive backs due to his slow delivery.

Just my opinion, but I'd not even consider Tebow (or any QB besides Bradford) in round 1 this year. I could be

OK with Tebow in the 2nd, but I thik there will be better players available at other positions of need.

I hope that I am wrong about Tebow, someone who is willing to work as hard as he reportedly does is hard to

root against, but I just don't feel comfortable betting a high #1 pick on a gamble like him.

I don't know whether Tebow will ever be a successful QB in the NFL, but everything I've read suggests it will

be a struggle for him to get to that level. All of his leadership and intangibles will evaporate quickly if he has

to sit for a year or two while he changes his delivery and learns to read an NFL defense. Likewise, nobody will

be following him if he is throwing ducks and getting picked off by NFL defensive backs due to his slow delivery.

Just my opinion, but I'd not even consider Tebow (or any QB besides Bradford) in round 1 this year. I could be

OK with Tebow in the 2nd, but I thik there will be better players available at other positions of need.

I hope that I am wrong about Tebow, someone who is willing to work as hard as he reportedly does is hard to

root against, but I just don't feel comfortable betting a high #1 pick on a gamble like him.

I don't think so, it worked out for Steve Young, who I think tebow will compare to in the pros

You make it sound as if he played on a crappy team that only won because of his magical power to will a team to victory. Cut the whiny melodrama. He played on a dominant team and fit their scheme perfectly, a scheme by the way that would never work in the pros. A huge chunk of his game was running the football, that isn't going to happen in the NFL. There are plenty of QB's out there who don't have to undergo major fixes just to be draftable above the 5th round. If Gailey can do well with mediocre QB's, imagine what he could do with a good QB. The last thing a team that has been this bad for this long needs to do is to gamble by picking the most controversial QB prospect in the last 10 years a round earlier than even his biggest fans think he'll be taken.

2002 - Bills pick at the 4 spot - Mike Williams, gone by then - David Carr, Julius Peppers, Joey Harrington

2003 - Bills pick at the 23 spot - Willis McGahee, gone by then - Troy Polamalu, Kyle Boller, Jeff Faine

2004 - Bills pick at the 13 spot - Lee Evans, gone by then - Eli Manning, Larry Fitzgerald, Philip Rivers, DeAngelo Hall, Ben Roethlisberger

2005 - Bills pick at the 20 spot - Marcus Spears(by Dallas), gone by the next friggin pick - Spears, Aaron Rodgers,Heath Miller

2006 - Bills pick at the 8 spot - Donte Whitner, gone by then - Mario Williams, Reggie Bush, Vince Young, Michael Huff

2007 - Bills pick at the 12 spot - Marshawn Lynch, gone by then - Joe Thomas Gaines Adams, Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Anderson, Amobi Okoye, Patrick Willis

2008 - Bills pick at the 11 spot - Leodis McKelvin, gone by then - Jake Long, Chris Long, Matt Ryan, Darren McFadden,Jerod Mayo

2009 - Bills pick at the 11 spot - Aaron Maybin, gone by then - Matt Stafford, Jason Smith, Mark Sanchez, Eugene Monroe

You always loose out on someone you want, unless you're picking at the 1 spot... and we don't want that "honor".

Tebow will be a Patsie* which will be just deserts for the legions of TT haters at OBD.

We need to fix the O line with a tackle rich draft. I like Tebow, but with a poor line, we will never go anywhere. Plus Tebow is not worth a top 10 pick.

With the myriad of needs the Bills have, they need starters from thier first two picks, simple as that. Tebow is not ready to start. If he's there in round three fine. If not, so be it.

I don't think so, it worked out for Steve Young, who I think tebow will compare to in the pros

Young never needed to change his mechanics and learn to read defenses like Tebow. He played his first couple of years on a historically bad Tampa team. Totally different situation.

The only reason he sat in SF for a few years was because he was behind Montana. But when he did play as a backup, he did very well.

Young ran a 4.3 40 in pads. Tebow runs a 4.72 in shorts. There is no comparison.

Can you post a link to an official 4.3 time in pads for young or are you too busy being stupid and making **** up to back your hate for Tebow?

If other teams want Tebow, selecting Tebow at #9 may be the best way for this team to get more picks in this draft. Remember how San DIego leveraged the selection of Manning in order to get future picks, and the player they originally wanted in Rivers. I could see the Bills brain trust doing something similar.

Select Tebow at #9, trade him to the Jags for their next years 1st round pick.

I am friends with some die hard football fan in Forida. The talk down there is Tebow goes to Jax in round 1, they do not have a 2nd round pick. He will be their savior at the box office. Jacksonville is close to Gainesville and part of Gator country. The idea of drafting Tebow is an easy sell down there.

If the Bills truly covet Tebow they will take him at #9.

Not saying I agree with the pick. We have a lot of other needs and Tebow is a project.

I would be very surprised if Jax picked him at 10. He isn't going to replace Garrard as this year's starter and unless he starts or plays a significant amount of time, I don't think that will have much of an impact on ticket sales.

I'd like to see him with the Bills too, but the real question is, "at what pick"? If the FO thinks he's the next Kelly and has too much potential to pass up, they'll probably work out some sort of deal to get him in the 1st round. If they're not quite that high on him, they'll try to get him in the 2nd round. I doubt that he will last into the 3rd round.

Not that I would take him at 9, but Tebow is a better passer than Matt Jones ever thought about being.

I agree that Tebow might very well be a great player (but then maybe not so any even half intelligent person would agree there is some risk.

Though there is no need to argue with me that Tebow will be great, do you and Darth have enough faith in how good this Bills team is that they will be able to keep Tebow alive long enough for him to do his magic and likely for him to have the time to develop a quick enough release (that even he admits he needs to work on) and that allowed Peyton Manning to not be able to help Indy at all elevate their record his rookie year and develop into the best QB in the league while Indy got its act together.

I hope that you are completely right that the Bills would possibly take Tebow at 9 to avoid Jax taking him at 10 as this virtually guarantees that Jax would switch slots with us and give us a couple of early picks to make the draft value right (and then some because FL will accepts taking a bath to get Tebow.

I am not arguing that Tebow will be bad (though there is that risk that must at least be acknowledged by Tebow advocates, but what I am arguing is that the Bills are not good enough right now to win even with Tebpw magic.

Do you and DI not agree and if not why do you think the Bills are so good they can win.

While I appreciate the enthuisiasm of one Jim Kelly, and I know that Coach Gailey thinks he is an engaging young man, I don't want Timmy here. My reasoning is twofold ... one, he is a warm weather QB (not a Cali QB, but not much difference) ... not too many snow games in the SEC. Two, he doesn't have the strongest arm or throw the tighest spiral - a real issue in the swirling winds at the Ralph. Add in the "walk on water" evangelical credo and I have to pass. Am I off base? Flame away.

You have valid points on 1 & 2 as they are performance concerns. #3 is your personal opinion based on his religious beliefs. Should it matter if a player is religious, agnostic or atheist?

Though there is no need to argue with me that Tebow will be great, do you and Darth have enough faith in how good this Bills team is that they will be able to keep Tebow alive long enough for him to do his magic and likely for him to have the time to develop a quick enough release (that even he admits he needs to work on) and that allowed Peyton Manning to not be able to help Indy at all elevate their record his rookie year and develop into the best QB in the league while Indy got its act together.

I'm not arguing that they should take him at 9, but merely that Tebow is a far better NFL QB prospect than Matt Jones ever was. That said, he's still probably closer to a 3rd round pick, in my opinion, than 9th overall.

With Buddy's SEC ties, I would not be shocked if moved towards Tebow at some point but never at #9. If the OT's and QB's are gone, then he might take Spiller or a NT. He is not going to burn a pick on a player that can't help the team in 2010.

Can you post a link to an official 4.3 time in pads for young or are you too busy being stupid and making **** up to back your hate for Tebow?

I don't hate Tebow, I just hate his 40 time. Do you always react this way when someone disagrees with you?

Did I call you stupid? Did I personally attack you?

Most listings have Young running a 4.5 but Rice once claimed he ran a 4.35 in practice, in pads. Point is, Young is way faster than Tebow and if you want to claim otherwise, find me a link or someone, anyone who would agree with you that Tebow has speed anywhere near what Steve Young had in his prime. Or are you too busy serving as an example of the exact overbearing, over the top, rude, viscious, childish and reactionary posting that makes having a civil discussion with fellow fans a virtual impossibility at TBD? A model of civility you are not.

Steve Young ran a "4.3" 40 time ???......i doubt it......what is your source for that statement (other than jerry rice's opinion) ???

Because what would Jerry Rice know about how fast Steve Young is?

The point I was making is that Young was way faster than Tebow. If you disagree, please, prove me wrong, that Young, listed at 4.5, apart from Rice's anecdotal comment about what he did in practice, is not significantly faster than Tebow who runs a 4.72 and, in the Senior bowl, couldn't get out of his own way.