TSW Super Bowl predictions

Chandler#81

It's that time of year again when pundits uber-drool over superlative Super performers. I wonder how much 'Best Ever' talk would be focused on Favre if he didn't toss that ill-advised int. near the end of regulation..

To the game at hand, Greggo HAS to come up with different looks and schemes to be used at different times in the game. Manning is masterful at recognizing a previous look and taking advantage of it's likely outcome. Something like the look of a corner blitz in the fourth quarter, only to drop into a 2-5, ala Belichek w/ NYG. If not, I just don't see New Orleans keeping pace. Saints greatest defensive aspect is turnovers. Indy is great at not turning it over.

Colts 34

Saints 20

Colts in a land slide

Colts -45

Saints - 24

The saints almost lost when Favre and the Vikes handed the ball to them 5 times. Manning will not turn the ball over, adn Indys offense will where down the saints defense, and hold control of the ball for a long time in this one. Indys defense will rise to the occasion and slow down the Saints O

im surprised a lot of people are not giving the saints their credit due

they cause turnovers. PERIOD. their offense is good enough to get points off of turnovers.

manning is a genius

it can actually go both ways.

othe variables to think about

weather and freeney playing at his full capacity...(he will play. all the speculation that he may not is bs)

with that said

saints 31

colts 27

38-31 saints, just because everyone is ALL OVER the colts. That is never a good sign for the favorite.

For two weeks, that Saints D has heard nothing but how they are going to get demolished by the machine that is Peyton Manning. They'll make a play or two, just enough to get the job done. Brees will sit in the pocket all day, throw the pigskin and pick up Super Bowl MVP.

Saints 38, Colts 17.

I just think the Saints are a better team. They had 7 or 8 games where they scored more than 35 points, the Colts had 3 or 4. When they're healthy, the 2009/10 Saints play lights-out. They always respond, as they did against the first-play TD by Arizona and the first-drive TD by Minnesota. And their defense's will-to-win is extraordinary. Manning is great, but the press this week has made it seem like it's a boxing match with just one man against another. It's a team game, and the Saints have the better team.

Saints 38, Colts 17.

I just think the Saints are a better team. They had 7 or 8 games where they scored more than 35 points, the Colts had 3 or 4. When they're healthy, the 2009/10 Saints play lights-out. They always respond, as they did against the first-play TD by Arizona and the first-drive TD by Minnesota. And their defense's will-to-win is extraordinary. Manning is great, but the press this week has made it seem like it's a boxing match with just one man against another. It's a team game, and the Saints have the better team.

I am convinced that these were the two best teams in the league this year overall. It seems like the majority like the Colts in this game, but I am prediciting a good offensive game with the Saints winning at the end by 6, 37-31.

Vikes-Colts would have been a better match up all the way around. God knows how Vikes fans are taking that loss because they dominated all day only to have the turnovers and the return of Farves' 10 cent head cost them a shot at the title. Manning was as close to brilliant from the 2 minute warning in the 1st half of the AFC title game than I've ever seen a QB play in the postseason.

All this being said, the Saints do one critical thing very well. They force turnovers. Their only chance is to make the Colts beat themselves. Greggo will blitz about 60% of the time, and while he may have success early on, Manning will start to demolish his pressure schemes by the third possession.The Colts D gets no respect at all, and even though a limited Freeney doesn't help matters, expect them to surprise everyone and punch the Saints in the mouth first and force turnovers. 2 NO TO's will be suicide against Indy.

The Saints are a great story for obvious reasons but here is where Manning will cement his greatness. It's all about the rings and with two you're in the "greatness" discussion. Manning's moment is now.

Colts 37-Saints 24

MVP-Manning (4 TD passes)

Lets hope the outcome is still in question as the 4th quarter starts.

Colts 56, Saints 35

Total offense tops 1,000 yards. Colts get a number of 3rd down conversions via roughing the passer and pass interference calls.

On an interesting note- what to do if Dwight Freeney test positive for steroids after the game? I know there will be an outrage, but aren't they typically used for healing an injury?

Wonderful to have you back postin' Orb-O-Suds!

I'll have one (or 2) to your continued improvement. :D

P.S. Your pick sucks! :unsure:

You'll have to drink a couple for me as well. Still too much medication for me to feel comfortable imbibing too much. I will have a nice Single Malt this evening perhaps.

Colts have put up an average of 25 pts vs. two of the best defenses in the league this postseason. How do the Saints hold them under 30? They don't. A Saints win would make a terrific story, but I can't see it happening unless some crazy voodoo curse throws the game out of whack.

Indy 38

NO 27

P.S. Welcome back Beerball!

You'll have to drink a couple for me as well. Still too much medication for me to feel comfortable imbibing too much. I will have a nice Single Malt this evening perhaps.

Yes, welcome back BB. Glad you're out of the woods.

Single Malt - for medicinal purposes, of course!

Oh, and Colts 3 Saints 2 - I'm flying in the face of all other pundits and pigskin prognosticators and predicting an epic defensive battle that'll be one for the ages. :unsure:

Crazy the way that game turned in the 2nd quarter -- had all the earmarks of a blowout, and then the Saints simply kept Manning off the field even though they didn't score a TD.

Very entertaining (and mostly well-played) game. Congrats Saints!