Marty Schottenheimer

Wing Man

Proof of what? That Ralph owns the team and wants a say.

SHOCK HORROR.

Also - he's unable to walk now because of his age. But nothing really rhymes with golf cart.

He'll fart the fart, but he won't cart the cart?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this story shows those who rant and rail against our front office that nothing happens without Ralph's blessing. Sadly nothing will change until Ralph passes on...and then the team will be sold and moved. Game over.

PTR

I know what you're saying...and that breaks my heart...We had a good run in the 90s...at least we were lucky enough to have that

I hope this story shows those who rant and rail against our front office that nothing happens without Ralph's blessing. Sadly nothing will change until Ralph passes on...and then the team will be sold and moved. Game over.

PTR

C'mon Promo. Why so gloomy bro? At least give Gailey a shot. Maybe he'll surprise us.

i have wanted Marty since day one.......but he should have at least hinted that he wanted the job......it would have given fans a chance to support the choice ....instead of everyone just dismissing it by saying he doesn't want the job. oh well, that ship has sailed.

i am happy with Chan Gailey....he is very similar to marty in that he has helped improve every team he has been on.

Chan is an outstanding choice.

coaching is over rated.......the most important guy is the one who picks the players(Nix).

you take Perry Fewell and the old coaches and give them the 10 pro-bowlers from minnesota....and bang, we make the playoffs. coaches don't execute plays, players do.

THUD!!! Seriously?

WTF have we ever done to you Ralph to deserve your destructive meddling?

tor⋅ture  /ˈtɔrtʃər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [tawr-cher] Show IPA noun, verb, -tured, -tur⋅ing.

Use torture in a Sentence

See images of torture

noun 1. the act of inflicting excruciating pain, as punishment or revenge, as a means of getting a confession or information, or for sheer cruelty.

2. a method of inflicting such pain.

3. Often, tortures. the pain or suffering caused or undergone.

4. extreme anguish of body or mind; agony.

5. a cause of severe pain or anguish.

As I've said, I was apathetic about the Gailey hire. But I don't get the Schottenheimer love. The guy is eligible for Medicare (he's 66, to along with a 91 year old owner and a 70 year old GM), couldn't win a playoff game in his career when he WAS coaching, and has been out of football for the past 3 years, unable to latch-on with any team, not even the Raiders the past 3 years.

As I've said, I was apathetic about the Gailey hire. But I don't get the Schottenheimer love. The guy is eligible for Medicare (he's 66, to along with a 91 year old owner and a 70 year old GM), couldn't win a playoff game in his career when he WAS coaching, and has been out of football for the past 3 years, unable to latch-on with any team, not even the Raiders the past 3 years.

There is no way in hell that Marty would coach the Raiders.

see that's the problem...everyone has taken this speculation as the truth and Ralph is being crucified because some 'reporter' with no accountability to report accurate or even true information put something in a blog......<GASP> a Blog... :thumbsup:

Absolute bull ****.

No need to reply. Welcome to ignore.

There is no way in hell that Marty would coach the Raiders.

Maybe, maybe not depending on how badely (sic) he wanted to get back into coaching again. But what of the 18-odd other teams that made head coaching changes over the past 3 years?

the 1st step to better health is a good diet and exercise. That's Marty... It doesn't mean you'll be a model when you're done, but you are better than when you started.

the 1st step to better health is a good diet and exercise. That's Marty... It doesn't mean you'll be a model when you're done, but you are better than when you started.

Okay, that pertains to the Bills. As I asked above, what about the 18-odd teams that passed-him-over the past 3 years, and in the case of some teams, multiple times?

not really lori, my point, while probably a bit harsh, but...he doesn't name a source, it could be a neighbor who heard something...if it is wrong, he will either print a retraction that will probably go unnoticed by the general population or will simply move on with no correction or retraction.....heck, I named Steve Tasker as someone I heard on the tony bruno show on January 14th during hour number 1 refute that Ralph is horrible to work for and that the bills are a joke as an organization...granted the source wasn't mine, but its more proof than tim graham provided.....if he has some proof that marty wanted the job badly and the offer was ignored or pulled then lets hear it....oh yeah, but that would compromise his source and ruin any chance of getting good scoops in the future.......when i read or hear proof that supports what tim graham posted on a blog, then I will give him the credit he is due.....i am pretty sure that proof will never appear......

Absolute bull ****.

No need to reply. Welcome to ignore.

C'mon Promo. Why so gloomy bro? At least give Gailey a shot. Maybe he'll surprise us.

I don't think Gailey is a horrible hire but this news about Marty is disturbing. It shows that Ralph has no intention of changing how he runs the team. He promised the fans a champion but doesn't see how his own stupidity hurts the team.

So scream and yell all you want at the hired help: Brandon, Nix, Gailey, etc. Nothing happens at OBD without Papa Ralph.

PTR

prove me wrong....rather, prove tim graham correct.....i see no reports other than unnamed sources stating that Marty wanted the job 'badly' and was not part of the final plan? the rest of the speculation about ralph being a horrible owner is just from the posters here....

Yep.

prove me wrong....rather, prove tim graham correct.....i see no reports other than unnamed sources stating that Marty wanted the job 'badly' and was not part of the final plan? the rest of the speculation about ralph being a horrible owner is just from the posters here....

why not just stop digging and apologize for being an offensive ass?

Promo....what news???? the 'fact' that Marty wanted it badly but ralph wasn't comfortable?????? its not news...its a blog that uses an unnamed source.......don't get sucked in....lets wait for the news to be

here are blogs from last week stating that he re-iterates he is retired.....

maybe ralph was uncomfortable hiring a head coach that insists he is retired and intends on staying that way :thumbsup:

I don't think Gailey is a horrible hire but this news about Marty is disturbing. It shows that Ralph has no intention of changing how he runs the team. He promised the fans a champion but doesn't see how his own stupidity hurts the team.

So scream and yell all you want at the hired help: Brandon, Nix, Gailey, etc. Nothing happens at OBD without Papa Ralph.

PTR

i must...protect...my...delusions ..at ..any...cost...Seriously, what is the cost to you if you're wrong? you might have to change your sign in name. The cost to Tim Graham for putting this out without good evidence might be his job and certainly risks his reputation and access to the Bills. I know who I believe.

yeah i get that, completely....i also posted several blog entries from a simple google search refuting that Marty Schottenheimer wanted the job 'badly' and Marty Schottenheimer and his son, and perhaps Buddy Nix were all named in the blogs.....why isn't that as credible as what Tim Graham posted?????

i must...protect...my...delusions ..at ..any...cost...Seriously, what is the cost to you if you're wrong? you might have to change your sign in name. The cost to Tim Graham for putting this out without good evidence might be his job and certainly risks his reputation and access to the Bills. I know who I believe.

Marty with the Raiders??? I guess you're not aware of his hatred for that organization.

Marty wasn't interested in any job until now. At least if you believe the multiple reports that he was comfortable with retirement. Therefore, I must admit, I wouldn't bet my house on Tim Graham being right about his interest in the Bills in this instance, but Marty WAS a former Bill who won a championship here. It's possible. And if Graham is right, it was a major mistake to not hire him. People are in love with Marty because he has rebuilt previously struggling franchises many times. He'd be perfect for Buffalo.

14-2 while increasing confused. Sign me up.

That's hysterical. I'm not sure why someone would want to sell the Gailey hiring as if Marty is some old fart. Chan is 58, Marty is 66. Both old by NFL standards, but hardly senile. Ralph on the other hand, he is not the least bit confused. Nobody who has heard him speak in the past 10 years would even suggest that he seemed AT ALL confused at...uuhhh...uhhh....any time.

"I didn't know them" -Ralph Wilson

Wow. Don't even know what to say.

Ralphie, if this really happend I want you to sell the team ASAP and take your HOF ring and shove it.

I really could care less any longer what you did for the AFL, NFL and this team. You've run this franchise

into the ground the last 10+ years and this fan base deserves much better than that.

I don't know if JK really has an ownership team together or not, but dam it, sell it to him. I want you to

take your wrinkled old body and go retire (not what I wanted to say, but did not want to get banned).

Enough is enough, this town deserves much more than you have given. You make us feel as if we are

lucky to have a team, lucky to have had you as an owner. Nope. Not really. This town can sustain an

NFL franchise just fine, screw this garbage the we are a small town. It's not a small town when you add

all local towns in the overall population count, as many other large cities do.

So stop making us feel that we have no say. Stop making us feel that we are lucky to have you. Stop your

cheap ways and sell this team already. You do realize if you do it now, it could possibly guarantee that the

team just may stay here, instead of dragging it out and we lose the Bills.

We could have had a proven GM and a proven coach with his son primed to take over in a few years, keeping

us from having to do this every 4 years. Thanks for nothing Ralphie.

+1

There is no way a professional reporter hangs his ass out in the wind on a story like this that could be so easily disputed without a credible enough source to at least satisfy his employers.

Look up Jayson Blair if you want to see what happens to reporters who make up stories.

And quit disparaging the story because it appeared on a blog. It's nothing more than an extension of his regular column. There's an enormous difference between Tim Graham posting something on his blog and billsguy99 posting something on his. It's shocking that you need any of this pointed out to you.