Marty Schottenheimer

Wing Man

B.S.

Marty Schottenheimer is a winner. He would have come to town and put us in the playoffs because this is what he does. Not hiring Marty (assuming he wanted to work here) is unacceptable by any stretch of the imagination.

But comparing this to drafting Mike Williams...that's just freakin' low, man...

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say who cares? Watch all of these media goons who are pissed they did not have the scoop to try and discredit what the Bills are doing. The more Timmy G. posts, the more I think he has a hatchet to grind with the Bills, ala, Mike Schopp.

The funny thing for years people have posted on this board that they did not want Marty Schottenheimer because they felt he was not capable of winning in playoffs. So far have our standards fallen.

I have met Tim Graham at Draft Party and he appeared to have no ax to grind with Bills. Marty Schottenheimer said one thing to radio network and one thing to a reporter implying there is something between the two things reported; that implies difference in question or change in stance. Tim Graham did not post in that article if he asked Schottenheimer why he is saying something different now that the position has been filled.

B.S.

Marty Schottenheimer is a winner. He would have come to town and put us in the playoffs because this is what he does. Not hiring Marty (assuming he wanted to work here) is unacceptable by any stretch of the imagination.

Hew would have been the perfect coach to come in here and turn things around...he does have a track record of taking crap and getting it to the playoffs...which is exactly what we need...He might even pull a Larry brown...If he doesn't and he flounders in a couple of years if he is ready to leave, his choice or ours, we find the guy to take us the the next step...maybe its his son maybe it isn't...

A credible HC would help us get FAs in here and turn this thing around...Gailey doing that is a stretch

I'm not loving the Gailey hire, either, and I'm not saying he's better than Marty. I just didn't realize the high esteem people had for Schottenheimer.

Let's put it this way, if you liked Cowher, you had to like Schottenheimer. They are the same coach. Cowher was not great in the playoffs either, but he worked for one of the best organizations in the league. Put Marty in Pittsburgh over that period and they do just as well, perhaps better. Add to that the guy was a Buffalo Bill in his playing days, and would have certainly been cheaper than Cowher......he was an ideal fit to clean up this mess.

Let's put it this way, if you liked Cowher, you had to like Schottenheimer. They are the same coach. Cowher was not great in the playoffs either, but he worked for one of the best organizations in the league. Put Marty in Pittsburgh over that period and they do just as well, perhaps better. Add to that the guy was a Buffalo Bill in his playing days, and would have certainly been cheaper than Cowher......he was an ideal fit to clean up this mess.

cowher didnt make brain farts 100% of the time in the playoffs like marty. marty is an over the hill loser. theres a reason no one wants him ... HE SUCKS

I have to believe Buddy likes Marty, based on their years in SD. Problem is, Buddy controls nothing aside from running draft day and UFA. RW and Smithers would and will not take his advice if it contradicted their opinion.

I've made the point that micromanaging owners do not work. Wilson, Jerry Jones, Al Davis, Mike Brown, and Dan Snyder have a combined for ONE playoff win since 2003.

well espn is now reporting that Marty Schottemheimer among other's was interested in the job. In fact, ESPN says that MARTY wanted the job "badley"

LinK:http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/16841/marty-schottenheimer-wanted-bills-gig

This just shows how cheap and what a shi**y owner RW has become. I mean, does nt Marty fit the description we were looking for: A big name coach with head coaching experience

And oh ya, rumor also has it the Brian Billick was really interested too. I guess they were not as cheap as chan gailey

If this report is true, and I trust Tim Graham, then there is no hope anymore. RW is not just part of the process in selecting any front office person, he is the process. He's deciding, and for all those mindless posters who think RW knows football, try again.

Given RW's history, is it really surprising to think the owner was concerned with Schottenheimer threatening his power base?

Knowing his approach, Marty would only take this job on the condition that he had iron control over the organization and he would want the owner to sit back and let him run things his way. It is not surprising at all that Ralph would balk at that. Some of the cronies he has developed for years and who he trusts to do things his way would be on a very short leash or possibly shown the door. After the Donahoe experiment, Ralph isn't going to step away and he's not going to let someone else call the shots. Hence, he would never be comfortable with Marty running his team. Hence, Marty's son flipping the Bills a bird and Marty's brother taking a job a couple days ago.

What a flusterduck.

and cowher allegedly has said he would have brought gailey with him had he taken a coaching job....