Marty Schottenheimer

Wing Man

I'm okay with the Gailey hire, not thrilled, but okay with it. But this, this is just unbelievable. Marty was the guy I wanted all along. If this is true, Gailey better win some games sooner rather than later.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So pretend that Marty is coming in as the next HC. Do you feel good about that hire? Or only slightly better than with Gailey? I'm not sure he's that much of an upgrade over Gailey. He has a winning record, but that was accumulated mostly in the 80's and 90's. He's also another retread who runs a boring offense.

You've just married a slightly ugly woman (or man). Would you have sex with a different ugly woman (or man) just because she wanted to? Wait, don't answer that...

So Schotty wanted to get back to coaching and didn't get a shot in Buffalo. Big deal.

Um, he was 35-13 from 2004-2006 ...

I can't stand Ralph Wilson. If this is true, this is unbelievable. All I want is a Bills playoff game, forget Superbowl right now. Marty is great at doing that. What a horrible job by Wilson. Isn't the GM supposed to make the decision. His meddling is unparalled other than in Oakland. I can't stand him. What is he trying to do?

So pretend that Marty is coming in as the next HC. Do you feel good about that hire? Or only slightly better than with Gailey? I'm not sure he's that much of an upgrade over Gailey. He has a winning record, but that was accumulated mostly in the 80's and 90's. He's also another retread who runs a boring offense.

You've just married a slightly ugly woman (or man). Would you have sex with a different ugly woman (or man) just because she wanted to? Wait, don't answer that...

So Schotty wanted to get back to coaching and didn't get a shot in Buffalo. Big deal.

you are right. those years in SD were losing seasons.

i completely disagree that his offenses are boring. they scored those touchdown thingies...man, i remember when we did that.

you do realize that marty shottenheimer's 'mediocre' winning percentage is 61.1% as compared to Chan Gaileys 'abysmal' 56.3%...that equates to Marty winning 3/4 of a game per season more..... :doh: completely unacceptable :lol:

Marty's 200-126-1 record is just too mediocre...we are WAY more comfortable with 18-14...(please correct me if I got the records wrong.)

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::bag:

I can't stand Ralph Wilson. If this is true, this is unbelievable. All I want is a Bills playoff game, forget Superbowl right now. Marty is great at doing that. What a horrible job by Wilson. Isn't the GM supposed to make the decision. His meddling is unparalled other than in Oakland. I can't stand him. What is he trying to do?
Fixed. At least Al Davis got results, Ralph is an EPIC FAILure. :lol:

"I want to look Ralph straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey **** he is! Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol?"

You left out overly big ear'd :lol:

you do realize that marty shottenheimer's 'mediocre' winning percentage is 61.1% as compared to Chan Gaileys 'abysmal' 56.3%...that equates to Marty winning 3/4 of a game per season more..... :doh: completely unacceptable :lol:

Weak. Comparing 200-126 given all the ups and downs of team talent over time with 18-14 is sophistry.

yeah that is basically what I was getting at...the numbers just make you that much more pissed off

Somewhat better track record for Marty no?

I am A LOT more disturbed to see Ralph's hands deep in the pot on this...nixing Schotty Sr and then trying to interview Schotty Jr? Are you !@#$ing kidding me? What a ****head.

No it's not... I cannot reveal my source, but I have a very good friend @ the NFL and he say's the reason Schotty Sr. was let go in San Diego is because he was starting to become "increasingly confused" on the sidelines.

Uh-huh, you mean while coaching the team to a 14-2 record. And our extremely lucid 92 year old owner figured that all out! Sorry, not buying it. And he sounded just fine as a color announcer for the year he did that after he left the game. Boring as hell, but not confused in the least. And if he did have some kind of health problem, do you really think his family would let him make overtures about any job? I'll take Tim G.'s word for it on this one, thank you very much. Ralph screwed this franchise again. Of course, that is his perogative.

No it's not... I cannot reveal my source, but I have a very good friend @ the NFL and he say's the reason Schotty Sr. was let go in San Diego is because he was starting to become "increasingly confused" on the sidelines.

This is true!! Marty Schottenheimer has early onset alzheimer's.

theres something to be said for sustained winning. d. jauron went 13-3....

who knows what gailey can do, i think THAT is the point. i think we, as fans, wanted a big hug and reassurance that "everything s gonna be ok" and what we got are more questions. its that sense of not knowing that i no longer find intriguing, now its just frustrating.