Marty Schottenheimer

Wing Man

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't pretend for a second to say who would end up being the better coach for the Bills. What I do know is this, we were lied to. We were told that we pursuing a proven head coach. Two years coaching the cowgirls over a decade ago proves nothing. All CG has proved is that he was 0-8 vs conference rivals in college and that he couldn't hold a job with the powerhouse Chiefs.

To turn down Marty is pathetic. I'm gonna go ahead and say it. Ralph, it's time to move on. Both physically from the team. And if that doesn't work for you, do it spiritually. You have turned some of the most loyal fans into a joke. Yes, you did us a favor by giving us a team, but that doesn't give you the right to abuse the favor.

Again, who knows if Rivera, Marty, Gailey would have done better than each other, but we basically cheaped out again, something we were promised wouldn't happen

Nobody said "proven" meant "proven good".

"I want to look Ralph straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey **** he is! Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol?"

Oh, well done Ray!!

:lol:

Now we can only hope Cousin Eddy goes and gets him for you.

If this is true, this is the most sickening thing the Bills have done for as long as I can remember. This makes Donte Whitner, JP Losman, and Mike Williams look like great picks.

If this is true it is a result of greed and senility.

I am furious at the mere premise that this is true. If it is, this franchise is fully out of control and it breaks my heart.

Mr. Gale Gilbert... all I can say is you definitely would have been in the minority of those not satisfied with Marty being hired. I was holding out hope against hope that we could land Cowher. But Marty was #2 on my list... and I would've been thrilled. Because, I would have reason to believe that with Marty on the sideline, this team would be a 10+ win team within a season or two. Now we have Chan Gailey, who got sheet-canned along with Turk Schonert before the season started. Chan Gailey, who wasn't on anyone's radar for a HC gig in years and years. He hasn't sniffed an NFL HC job in a decade.

Honestly, I can't even see the debate here. This debate begins and ends with common knowledge that Marty is infinitely better than most other NFL coaches... and isn't even in the same league as a Chan Gailey. Now I hope and pray that Gailey will somehow turn this thing around, but this feels exactly like it felt when Dick Jauron got hired. I can't even believe the organization made this hire. They knew after the way this season and the Dick Jauron thing turned out that they HAD to bring someone of a certain reputation in here or the pitchforks were going to be out in full force. And their response... Chan... Gailey.

I'm not loving the Gailey hire, either, and I'm not saying he's better than Marty. I just didn't realize the high esteem people had for Schottenheimer.

i am glad that ralph is thinking for himself and not listening to fans....ralph has forgotten more about football than any of us will ever know, collectively...if he was uncomfortable with Schottenheimer, then that is good enough for me....its been 3 years since he was a coach anywhere...has to be a reason for that....

Lemming

Ralph has apparently also forgot that the point of playing the game is to win. This is absolutely ridiculous

If this is true, this is the most sickening thing the Bills have done for as long as I can remember. Tis makes Donte Whitner, JP Losman, and Mike Williams looks like great picks.

If this is true it is a result of greed and senility.

I am furious at the mere premise that this is true. If it is, this franchise is fully out of control and it breaks my heart.

Hey, leave JP out of this. He's gone to a better place now...Oakland :lol:

I look at this one of two ways:

1. Graham's article is hogwash. If that is the case, don't lose any sleep over it for obvious reasons.

2. Graham's article is accurate. If that is the case, then Marty was clearly playing games with his public comments about not wanting to come back to coach again. Was he expecting the Bills to come begging him to coach? I think what happened in San Diego is that he got caught playing games with the Chargers. Remember after the Chargers lost, there was speculation that Smith would fire Marty. Instead, Smith not only gave Marty the vote of confidence that he could keep his job but that the team was interested in signing him to a long-term contract. When Marty said thanks but no thanks, Smith realized that Marty was playing ego games, so he fired him. Maybe Ralph didn't want to have to kiss anyone's ass to come to Buffalo to coach.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it. Ralph, it's time to move on. Both physically from the team. And if that doesn't work for you, do it spiritually.

wow. It's good thing you said it because no one else has ever offered up such an opinion. Thanks for pulling the trigger on that.

Evidently, Schottenheimer wanted the job, but Wilson pulled the chicken switch.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...anted-bills-gig

Ralph, would you please do us all a favor and sell the team to Jim Kelly already!!!! You're now a big freakin embarrassment!!! You and Al Davis need to ride into the sunset together. You could have had a good, winning head coach with Marty, who in fact is very good friends with your new GM and you didn't want him because you didn't feel comfortable?! You're a big freakin idiot and deserve all the critcism you get!!!

Ask yourself this... why would you fire a coach after a 14-2 season? The reason they gave was that he wasn't winning in the playoffs. I don't buy that. You just don't dismiss a coach after a 14-2 season without much more going on behind the scenes. When that happened, there was speculation that he and AJ just weren't seeing eye to eye. I just happen to have it on very good authority that it was because he was becoming "increasingly confused" on the sideline.

Believe what you will... I'm just telling you what I know. Look at my posts. I don't speculate and certainly don't spread rumors or false information. You can choose to believe what I've offered or you can dismiss it. I know where I got the info and trust the guy with my life.

I don't have the answers to that question.

What I do know is that it has been reported that someone who worked with him in SD wanted to hire him. If he was losing it on the sideline, why would a GM make the mistake of signing off on it?

Unless they decided to throw Ralph under the bus on this one and Nix didn't want to say no to his friend.