Chan Gailey

Nevergiveup

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have reason to believe this is your new head coach. I am not completely 100%, but would not post it in this manner if I did not think it was credible. There are no links for this information. I know it will be ugly if I am wrong, but I thought you would want the information.

Could be as soon as tomorrow.

All these negative people are ridiculous. He's an accomplished offensive mind with a positive head coaching stint in the NFL. He's no non-sense and has worked with young and old QB's. Why not? Because he's old and not Cowher. Well Cowher's 52 and recommended him for the Steeler's job over Whisenhunt and Grimm. OR because he's not a young unproven coordinator? Go ahead give up your season tix... stop watching and all that other crap but don't come back when it gets turned around. Nix did exactly what he said he would do, hire an experienced HC w/offensive experience. Just b/c a majority of you don't like the hire doesn't mean it's bad or that he's a bad coach. He's a class act that wants to come to Buffalo. Give the guy a chance and show some respect. ee

Yeah,

ummmm....you familiar with the situation here?

If I asked you before this news to list the top 100 candidates for the job....he wouldnt have made your list

stop encouraging people to accept sh-tty mediocrity, its what theyve been living on for a decade.

people here have EVERY RIGHT to ask serious questions and be completely hyper-critical

BOTTOM of the rung guys.....rock bottom.

A cowpoke's opinion in regards to Gailey:

As a Cowboys fan, I can't help but laugh at the Bills if they do hire him and feel extremely sorry for the fans if they have to endure his reign. He didn't have to hire the entire coaching staff in Dallas and you have to wonder if he'll make the right choices now that he has the power to select his own guys. I'm a firm believer that the biggest impact that a head coach can make is in his choices for his assistants because they're the ones that will be interacting with the players on a daily basis and a solid staff can make life so much easier on the head coach. If he's worried about one of his guys bucking for his job, you have to wonder if he's the right guy for the job, in the first place.

Sounds AWFULLY similar to what Bears fans were saying when Dick Jauron was hired...

Every Bills item I own is going in a burn pit tommorrow and I am getting my Bills tattoo removed. This organization is prepping for a move and I am done wasting my time watching it happen. I feel sorry for Western NY. Thanks for the memories Bills but even I cant swallow this.

Well if you're going to burn all your stuff why don't you just give it to me. Do you have any zobaz? :w00t:

Every Bills item I own is going in a burn pit tommorrow and I am getting my Bills tattoo removed. This organization is prepping for a move and I am done wasting my time watching it happen. I feel sorry for Western NY. Thanks for the memories Bills but even I cant swallow this.

Yeah, can I get some of that stuff too?

A very reliable source has confirmed Russ Brandon is indeed in Detroit right now as of this post. He is there to either offer the Head Coaching job to someone or recommend someone to Ralph. We will all know in 48 hrs or less according to this source. SHE doesn't work for the Bill but is married to someone who does.

If this is mediocrity...I would love to know what you describe as success?

* None of his teams went below .500 and most of his teams won 10+ games

* His teams usually hovered around the top 15 and usually ended up in the top 10

* His teams have been very successful in the playoffs

Get a grip and give the guy a chance!

Postseason 0–2–0

Career record 18–16–0 (NFL)

Troy Aikman was his QB....barely got above that .500 mark and a divison rival took him out of the playoffs...

You get a grip and put the Kool aid down.

Very sorry youre satisfied with being force fed mediocrity

This choice is a different look and feel than Jauron but in the end, it still smells like sh-t at OBD

If this is mediocrity...I would love to know what you describe as success?

* None of his teams went below .500 and most of his teams won 10+ games

* His teams usually hovered around the top 15 and usually ended up in the top 10

* His teams have been very successful in the playoffs

Get a grip and give the guy a chance!

Strong arguments against being happy with mediocre my man

attaining near .500

hovering in the top half of the league

his teams were 0-2 in the playoffs...AS THE HC

Have you not learned that success as a coordinator means absolutely nothing to these fans?!?!!?

So, you're not good enough to be the coordinator for the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS.... would you like to be our head coach?

Haley is a joke. He is golfer who only has a job because of daddy and Warner & Fitz. He led teh Chiefs to 4 wins. He will probably be fired after this season.

They didn't want Billick but they wanted Gailey..... Didn't want Billick..... but wanted Gailey.... Hmm, I've been saying this in my head over and over again and it still makes no sense at all. Or maybe I should say this wouldn't make sense if our owner/front office had half a brain.

Postseason 0–2–0

Troy Aikman was his QB....barely got above that .500 mark and a divison rival took him out of the playoffs...

This choice is a different look and feel than Jauron but in the end, it still smells like sh-t at OBD

DUDE Aikman was a concussed mess at this point. you must be 16 if you don't remember. the guy had nothing left, and Gailey had the lovely job of telling him that his career was over. get a grip. its NOT Jauron. this guy has a winning record incollege and the NFL and knows offenses (see the steelers mid 90s and dolphins). he will RUN THE FOOTBALL...

They didn't want Billick but they wanted Gailey..... Didn't want Billick..... but wanted Gailey.... Hmm, I've been saying this in my head over and over again and it still makes no sense at all. Or maybe I should say this wouldn't make sense if our owner/front office had half a brain.

or if you knew anything about Brian Billick.

All you negative people make me SICK! :wallbash:

You're just a bunch of WHINEY LITTLE GIRLS! :w00t:

Yep, makes me think that a bunch on this board already had posts of "I can't believe the Bills hired [insert coach name here]. This just proves that Ralph is cheap, Russ Brandon doesn't know what he's doing and Buddy Nix is a moron. I just threw up in my mouth, am going to cancel my season tickets, am giving up on routing for the Bills, blah, blah, blah." Then as soon as the coach is announced, they add his name in, post the message and then go take out the trash cans like their moms told them to do five times already.

my buddy was a sports writer here in jersey, Began record. When Billick got fired after one poor season I was surpirsed and asked him . His take from the writers down there was the Billick went from being a hard worker to 5am-10pM type of guy but by the end he was more like a 10-5 guy . Who knows but there has to be a reason no one is giving him the time of day

We didnt know they interviewed Gailey until today...maybe they did interview Billick and Martz and Trestman and the guy from Napolean Dynamite. You DONT KNOW

Maybe this is gonna look like a great hire this time next year. Maybe Billick likes his job on NFL network....can you blame him? much less pressure and he gets to talk about football all day

If Gailey wants the challenge and Nix and Brandon think he can do a good job then im willing to give him a chance

here let me help you clarify if you can get beyond name recognition:

Gaily has had multiple offenses in the top 10 in the league with QBs like Mike Tomczak and Jay Fiedler. Outside of Billick having culpepper to moss he has never had such luck. So with far less talent Gailey has done FAR more. and Thats with a banged up and washed up Aikman as well on a cowboys team that was on the down slope (just like the late 90s bills)...

if people are too stupid to understand the media, then so be it. the Media loves to build their own agenda and lists of hot candidates. Gailey was one such guy in 2006 for the Steelers and Dolphins. However, they love billick because he is a loud mouth and makes good quotes and such. GAiley is a football guy. he runs the football and wants to stop the run. this is what wins games. He was at a second rate SEC school and was pretty damn good at GT. he won't wow anyone, but neither did norv turner in SD or wade in Dallas or Vermiel in KC. I certainly put Gailey in their class.

Lets not jump off the edge and see what he can do, because this bills team has more talent then those former dolphins teams of 01 and 02... and he sure used bettis a lot in Pittsburgh. it be nice to see Lynch and FJ run for 30-40 times a game consistently, cause that's where our talent is...

GO BILLS!

Strong arguments against being happy with mediocre my man

attaining near .500

hovering in the top half of the league

his teams were 0-2 in the playoffs...AS THE HC

Have you not learned that success as a coordinator means absolutely nothing to these fans?!?!!?

well thats better that what we've had for the past 10 years

only breaking .500 once

hovering in the bottom-middle of the league

and not being IN the playoffs

yea... he really sucks :w00t:

just because he isnt the biggest name that was thrown at the wall by the "ANALysts" doesnt mean he cant at least do SOMETHING with this team

Postseason 0–2–0

Let's be fair it wasn't the same Aikman he was nearing the end.

We'll miss you...and your 21 posts. Hate to lose long timers like you. :w00t:

PTR

DUDE Aikman was a concussed mess at this point. you must be 16 if you don't remember. the guy had nothing left, and Gailey had the lovely job of telling him that his career was over. get a grip. its NOT Jauron. this guy has a winning record incollege and the NFL and knows offenses (see the steelers mid 90s and dolphins). he will RUN THE FOOTBALL...

Dude its 2010

The game has changed considerably since he last held a HC position TEN YEARS AGO

Oh, and if he's such a great commodity howcome NOBODY had him on their radar including the Bills?

So, you're not good enough to be the coordinator for the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS.... would you like to be our head coach?

Actually he was a hold over from Herm Edwards... Didn't run the offense the Haley wanted, Haley asked him to stay on in lesser role. He said, "better if I go"

Dude its 2010

The game has changed considerably since he last held a HC position TEN YEARS AGO

Oh, and if he's such a great commodity howcome NOBODY had him on their radar including the Bills?

You act like Gailey has been out of the NFL for 10 years. He missed this last season. And what does it mean that he wasn't on anyone's radar? Spots reporters are like parrots repeating what they hear from each other. They didn't talk about Pete Carrol until the day he was hired. All that means is the parrots were too lazy.

PTR

I have reason to believe this is your new head coach. I am not completely 100%, but would not post it in this manner if I did not think it was credible. There are no links for this information. I know it will be ugly if I am wrong, but I thought you would want the information.

Could be as soon as tomorrow.

I just checked and Rich Kotite and Wayne Fontes are available for the head coaching position. We may not need to hire Chan Gailey!

Gino in Saratoga