Rumor: Shanahan offered 5 years/$50M and partial ownership

Doc

I wish somehow we lucked out like the pats did and hired a underhyped coach that turned out to be a genious in the past. Hiring an established coach is what we need since our past 3 unestablished coaches haven't worked out, but you know what your getting with all of those candidates. It would be awesome to get an unknown coach that would completely turn the Bills around and not be associated with any other teams like Cowler would be with the steelrs, shanahan with denver and so on.

I'm jealous of the pats and their dbag coach.

Ya... :thumbsup::thumbsup: You forgot about the cheating part and the idiot savant (Ernie Adams) that BB* keeps in the box upstairs at the stadium.

Kinda like Tom Cruise hitting Vegas with Dustin Hoffmann. :thumbsup:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya... :thumbsup::thumbsup: You forgot about the cheating part and the idiot savant (Ernie Adams) that BB* keeps in the box upstairs at the stadium.

This thread needs one of those "fix the subject" auto replies from a Mod.

The Bills' haven't offered jack, this was just reported as what it might take to land him.

So you're saying Dustin Hoffmann will be the next GM?

Link???

Well they were supposed to meet before Turkey Day so it might be true. If so, and that's a big if BTW, how could Shanahan turn that down??

I guess Ralph is putting his cards on the table. I wonder if Cowher gets wind of this maybe that might sway him to Buffalo, or least set up a meeting.

No doubt I would prefer Cowher over Shanahan but if we can land Shanahan I would be shocked and very pleased at the same time.

Partial ownership really surprises me. Ralph would seriously consider giving up a portion of the team?

Also, interesting that the discussion is about a 5-year contract. We've been dealing with 3-year contracts for the "new" head coaches to give them a chance to show their stuff, but even though Shanny is a known commodity, being on the hook for 5 years for that kind of coin is impressive.

Partial ownership really surprises me. Ralph would seriously consider giving up a portion of the team?

Also, interesting that the discussion is about a 5-year contract. We've been dealing with 3-year contracts for the "new" head coaches to give them a chance to show their stuff, but even though Shanny is a known commodity, being on the hook for 5 years for that kind of coin is impressive.

I would say not too smart. Hey, I'm all for Ralph putting his money out there to get a good coach, I just don't think Shanny's worth it. I honestly think everyone's gone a "little" crazy for these name coaches.

Where did you get this info, all morning when I have been listening its simply from a source, that is what Shanny might be looking for.

Agreed,

This is all crap. Once people start believing what WGR posts they are done and should end their lives. J/K. But really, they have no idea what they are talking about. They were only speculating from a previous article what it might take. Never did they say that Ralph made an offer for that. In fact they stated Ralph heard of the rumor and would still be interested in speaking to Shanny about it.

The most important part of these negotiations for the fans is the next coach needs to make sure he gets a full commitment from RWS to spend during Free agency. Plug in Cowher, Shanny, Holmgren, Parcells or Lombardi and without a commitment to compete for talent and the Bills will never get over the hump.

If part ownership is being offered, this is a huge move. If correct I am curious to how this changes the transaction of the franchise after Wilson passes. I would assume that a partial owner would have a say....

I'm not so sure being part owner of the Bills is a sound financial move...

Solid post. Just throw out any opinion without doing a bit of research and you come off as an ass. In 2007 the average profit each team made was $31 million. And the median value of each NFL franchise was $898 million. None of that includes the equally distributed television revenue. I'd say partial ownership would be quite

sound financially. Now if you were just trying to disparage the Bills like the idiots on FOX without really knowing what you're saying then I say to you bravo sir.

Russ Brandon met with him in Denver for 7 hours, offered a "very persuasive presentation" according to ESPN radio

But also :

At the same time, Shanahan would like to see what opportunities might be out there for him to return to the NFL in 2010.

So apparently no head coach announcement today anyway.

Link

The most important part of these negotiations for the fans is the next coach needs to make sure he gets a full commitment from RWS to spend during Free agency. Plug in Cowher, Shanny, Holmgren, Parcells or Lombardi and without a commitment to compete for talent and the Bills will never get over the hump.

If part ownership is being offered, this is a huge move. If correct I am curious to how this changes the transaction of the franchise after Wilson passes. I would assume that a partial owner would have a say....

there must be one "majority" owner for each nfl franchise, there can be more than one minority owner (see the Rooney family in Pit, 5 siblings ....or the celebrity minority owners in miami). in our case, if the bills gave Shanahan a minority stake, lets just say 1-5%. When ralph passes and his stake is sold, unless there is an additional agreement stating that Shanahan has the "right of first refusal" to buy ralphs shares......then ralph's estate proceeds to sell ralphs share without needing approval from shanahan. Shanahan may or may not want to sell his shares to the new majority owner.