Rumor: Shanahan offered 5 years/$50M and partial ownership

Doc

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you get this info, all morning when I have been listening its simply from a source, that is what Shanny might be looking for.

According to NFL.com's Vic Carucci, they are going after a man with the same philosophy, and offering a heck of a lot.

"You're probably talking about $50 million over five years and maybe even a piece of the team," a source close to Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan told Carucci. "And by all indications, (Bills owner Ralph) Wilson is ready to have that conversation."

Per WGR.

I think this is being speculated what he is looking for, not an offer actually made. However, everything I have seen and heard indicates that Ralph is prepared to make a big splash like this for his next coach.

No one seems to think we will get Shannahan, but honestly, I think he is going to be our next coach. Not because of this thread, but because he fits in great here and Shannahan has never been one for the spotlight. His style of football plays very well on a team like this. Not to mention, he gets to go up against BB in NE twice a year. Before BB, Shannahan was supposed to be the offensive genius, now its clearly BB. Being able to build a team and take over this division from BB would make him a legend.

More importantly, he is up in Buffalo...so he isnt going to have the National spotlight on him while righting the ship like he would in Dallas or Washington. Not to mention, the AFC East is a far easier division than the NFC East.

On top of all that, a coach of his caliber that wants a lot of control isnt going to enjoy dealing with meddling owners like Snyder and Jones. Even better, this team has a lot of young talent, is a couple pieces away from being competitive, and isnt in salary cap hell like other teams.

We are a lot more attractive to someone like Shannahan than a lot of people realize. If Ralph really does throw a big offer at him, I would be utterly shocked he doesnt take it.

The media sees a big name and assumes he wants to be in the big spotlight completely ignoring that the two biggest spotlights Dal and Was to likely have job openings have meddling owners and that these coaches that want control are not going to want to deal with that.

I wish somehow we lucked out like the pats did and hired a underhyped coach that turned out to be a genious in the past. Hiring an established coach is what we need since our past 3 unestablished coaches haven't worked out, but you know what your getting with all of those candidates. It would be awesome to get an unknown coach that would completely turn the Bills around and not be associated with any other teams like Cowler would be with the steelrs, shanahan with denver and so on.

I'm jealous of the pats and their dbag coach.