Roomate trouble

I just wouldn't worry about it and ride out the storm until I could go. I'm not one to run away but I have learnt that it is easier to avoid a worser situation that I can make if I can try to minus myself from it.

SOmetimes u gotta man up, ride it out and then get out.

You only control what you do, they aren't going to change, you can so do you, don't waste your time with them or around them

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wouldn't worry about it and ride out the storm until I could go. I'm not one to run away but I have learnt that it is easier to avoid a worser situation that I can make if I can try to minus myself from it.

SOmetimes u gotta man up, ride it out and then get out.

You only control what you do, they aren't going to change, you can so do you, don't waste your time with them or around them

Thats some funny shiit! :censored:

It's time for nicknames:

1) 5th year senior: RedShirt

2) Singapore: a) Michael Fay or b) Sling. I'm not married to either one.

3) Other dude that parties: Bluto

4) You: Flounder (you have the car)

All the good advice is in this thread (don't worry about what other people think of you, etc). Life's a journey not a destination. This is the bumpy part of the road. Learn from it and grow. Oh, and Redshirt is clearly a d-bag. He'll eventually piss off Sling and or Bluto. As stated by Dr. D, there's a reason he has no real friends.

Go make some friends with shared interests.

It's time for nicknames:

1) 5th year senior: RedShirt

2) Singapore: a) Michael Fay or b) Sling. I'm not married to either one.

3) Other dude that parties: Bluto

4) You: Flounder (you have the car)

All the good advice is in this thread (don't worry about what other people think of you, etc). Life's a journey not a destination. This is the bumpy part of the road. Learn from it and grow. Oh, and Redshirt is clearly a d-bag. He'll eventually piss off Sling and or Bluto. As stated by Dr. D, there's a reason he has no real friends.

Go make some friends with shared interests.

I Like these better:

1) 5th year senior: Chris Weinke

2) Singapore: Fes or Kugo

3) Party Dude: Belushi

4) Hamden's Revenge: Rick :censored:

How the f-ck has that senior been at the school for 5 years and he has no friends to live with? I can see you and Singapore getting latched together, but what's the story with the other misfits? Like I said, it sounds like NERRRRRRRDS!!

I recommend spring break in Ft. Lauderdale. I hear the Hotel Coral Essex has some vacancy.

How the f-ck has that senior been at the school for 5 years and he has no friends to live with? I can see you and Singapore getting latched together, but what's the story with the other misfits? Like I said, it sounds like NERRRRRRRDS!!

I recommend spring break in Ft. Lauderdale. I hear the Hotel Coral Essex has some vacancy.

LOL! bring your electric violin too

I Like these better:

1) 5th year senior: Chris Weinke

2) Singapore: Fes or Kugo

3) Party Dude: Belushi

4) Hamden's Revenge: Rick :censored:

a 5th year senior that does not have a friend to room with, and ends up in a random quad- that is pretty telling too

if you really want some revenge, we used to sneak into the rooms of the pricks in our dorm and unscrew the top of their shampoo and piss a little in it, seal it back up, and theyll never know. but you will.

not saying you should do that, just throwing it out there for your consideration.

Ill admit this is possible, Tell me tho how can i change this

I dont wanna be that guy

The easiest way is to calm down. Now I know that's easier said than done, but life is a lot simpler when you're not always on edge. It may just be you need time to get older and learn from growing pains. Sometimes you can really get kicked around. When I was in my 20s I got fired, had to go home & live in my parents' basement. I was miserable for about a year until I finally sucked it up & moved on. The easiest thing to remember is that if the situation isn't life or death, the situation is going to change, hopefully for the better. Good luck, time is on your side.

great point. probably not. or, typical of the cosmic shame, we figure it out right as we're about to die.

more likely, we figure it out after we pass.

I don't know, Ralph hasn't figured out how to field a winner

As a guy who never went away to college, I find this thread fascinating, like I missed out on a life experience, no matter how crappy it was

You should have followed prison rules. On day 1 you confront the baddest mother!@#$er you can find. In this case probably the fifth year senior. You knock out his front grill and !@#$ his bloody mouth. Voila. All of this petty B.S. would have been avoided.

So here is a humorous stupid reply. But after reading how Ham groveled to the 5th year senior, and the 5YS basically kicked sand in your face, Blzfan has the right solution after all. :wallbash:

Ham, don't grovel. You apologized once, after that take a stand tell him you really don't care how or what he feels

So here is a humorous stupid reply. But after reading how Ham groveled to the 5th year senior, and the 5YS basically kicked sand in your face, Blzfan has the right solution after all. :P

Ham, don't grovel. You apologized once, after that take a stand tell him you really don't care how or what he feels

Of course I've got the right solution. The prison code makes a lot of sense. For example, these are the basic rules in prison: 1. Don't be a rat. Snitches get stitches. 2. Handle your own business. 3. The lowest form of life is a child molester or cop.

Then there is this pearl of wisdom: If you let 'em take your smokes, he's gonna take your lunch, if you let 'em take your lunch, he's gonna take your ass. So protect your smokes like they're your ass! (In other words if you give them an inch, they'll take a mile. Every single time!) The prison code makes perfect sense and a lot of people in "the world" could benefit from living by it!

BTW: Don't call me stupid. My father called me stupid once. Once!

One was an alcoholic engineering student who worked in a cowboy themed bar and would bring home a new skanky Reba McEntire nightly for our listening pleasure. Then there was Chuck, who's room shared a common wall with mine. Chuck delivered pizza til 1am, then would bone high school ass while smoking weed and getting gangsta with Doggystyle till 4am. Pretty tough when you have 8am labs.

I would have loved to party with those guys.

And I always roomed with my friends. We'd always get pissed at each other, get drunk, and get in a fight. The next day we'd wake up, smole a bong, and everything was right in the world. College was awesome.

But if you're a smaller guy and want to make them feel uncomfortable, bring home a guy and start making out shirtless in the front room. :P

I would have loved to party with those guys.

Lee Harvey, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy. If the two of us together, forget it.

Of course I've got the right solution. The prison code makes a lot of sense. For example, these are the basic rules in prison: 1. Don't be a rat. Snitches get stitches. 2. Handle your own business. 3. The lowest form of life is a child molester or cop.

Then there is this pearl of wisdom: If you let 'em take your smokes, he's gonna take your lunch, if you let 'em take your lunch, he's gonna take your ass. So protect your smokes like they're your ass! (In other words if you give them an inch, they'll take a mile. Every single time!) The prison code makes perfect sense and a lot of people in "the world" could benefit from living by it!

you have done time right?

[quote name='BLZFAN4LIFE' date='Oct 15 2009, 08:04 PM' post='1600758'

I only called your suggestion stupid, but I did say it was humorous too! :wallbash:

Now watch it or I'll get Hamdan after you :wallbash:

Man, if you're having a hard time with this problem, I'm not looking forward to the day when you're married with kids and your toilet overflows.

(Seriously, John. I'm just kidding.)

Here's a tip from an old dude who took too long to learn it himself: the greatest gift you can give yourself is to learn how to not give a rat's ass what other people think of you. This is a great opportunity to start learning this lesson. They make faces and bust your nuts because they know it bugs you. The minute they genuinely know that it does NOT bug you, you can go and do as you please, regardless of what they do.

Master this now and your life will get increasingly better so fast you won't have time to wipe your sweaty nuts on their plates (which is also a very good suggestion).

:thumbdown:

Dude....I could start my own whambulance right now....my house looks like a pad I saw when I was in Iraq AFTER it got bombed......chunks taken out......no furniture....no carpet......@hit scattered everywhere. I cant even find my damn work socks to get ready for work!

But carry on folks.....I dont want to hijack the thread.

Move out. Problem solved. I roomed with 5 guys in an old thin walled house while attending a Big Ten university. One was a Japanese exchange student who was never home. One was a bud. One was an alcoholic engineering student who worked in a cowboy themed bar and would bring home a new skanky Reba McEntire nightly for our listening pleasure. Then there was Chuck, who's room shared a common wall with mine. Chuck delivered pizza til 1am, then would bone high school ass while smoking weed and getting gangsta with Doggystyle till 4am. Pretty tough when you have 8am labs.

You couldn't help being immersed in everyone's business and it was impossible to find peace for study, relaxation between work and school, or entertaining tail.

The overall vibe was reduced by the fact the Slum Lord we rented from failed to tell us that there was no heat in the place so that the average winter temp inside topped out at 43 degrees (average January high in the city was 0).

I moved out. First, I called the city and found that all dwellings needed to have heating capable of raising the internal temperature to at least 68 in the winter. Failure to comply had major consequences for a landlord.

I told the Slum Lord that I was going to report her (didnt but the threat shut down any attempts to keep me on the hook for the lease), and told my roommates see-ya.

My bud and the Japanese guy followed me to a cheaper but nicer Brownstone apartment with heat. Japanese guy was never was around and still payed 1/3 of the rent. Morale increased. Better study conditions attained. Improved access to downtown venues and tail.

Moral: Action, not words.

So.....the guy used to bring in girls to sing for you....that is actually a very considerate roomate.... :thumbdown:

well just to give everyone an update i just went out in the commo n room and tried to make peace with the 5th year senior reguarding the 6 pack and he basically rejected my apology. Told me i was a coward for buying it with his card and that it was bull **** that i tried to just simply give it back to him and he said he straight cannot forget about it.

I just tried to do the right thing and it blew up.....wtf

Hamden,

I told you......he sees this as a sign of weakness. He thinks you are a coward and even said so (and it has nothing to do with the beer....I hope you can see that)

Here's a tip from an old dude who took too long to learn it himself: the greatest gift you can give yourself is to learn how to not give a rat's ass what other people think of you. This is a great opportunity to start learning this lesson. They make faces and bust your nuts because they know it bugs you. The minute they genuinely know that it does NOT bug you, you can go and do as you please, regardless of what they do.

Master this now and your life will get increasingly better so fast you won't have time to wipe your sweaty nuts on their plates (which is also a very good suggestion).

FWIW... I know it won't be "cool" and it may seem corny...

There is a part of me that tends to want to fall into this trap which you laid out. Then there is a part of me that says this the root of what is wrong with our society today and enables me to not fall prey totally to what you said. You do have a lot of merit in what you said, especially the part about what bugs people. Cheerfulness goes along way too.

Maybe there is just too much "Boy Scout" in me. :thumbdown: Excuse me for the tribal narrative. Yet, tribal narratives have a very important role among people. They can bring a common bound.

So contrary to what you say, I believe there is a better way if of course there is a brotherhood... Which in this case (Hamdan's Revenge) may not exist.

www-Wimachtendienk Wingolauchsik Witahemui-

Thoughts On

Cheerfulness

By Clay Capp and Riley Berg,

2002 National Chief and National Vice Chief

When Chingachgook, Chief of the Delaware people, created a brotherhood that would memorialize the efforts of his son, Uncas, and the others that put service above themselves, he chose three words, W. W. W., to describe it. While brotherhood, cheerfulness, and service are as important today as they were to our legend’s chief, it isn’t often that we’re able to sit back and clearly think about these pillars of the Order, and what they mean in life.

Each is very different, yet interconnected at the same time. Brotherhood you feel when you’re with those important to you; cheerfulness is an attitude, a way we can look at and be a part of the world; service is something tangible, that we can do for another.

Of all these things, only one appears in the Scout Law – the one we may think least about, but is still central to our order: Cheerfulness.

Step back for a moment and think about the role cheerfulness can play in our lives. It, as one of the three tenets of our Order, does not diminish the role of the other two, but it is being addressed here because the other two are much more frequently treated in our lodge activities. Lodges organize themselves to do service to their councils, and the OA sends crews each summer to Philmont and Northern Tier to give service to our National High Adventure Bases and to national camping. There are events that stress brotherhood, like a lodge fellowship, and NOAC. But cheerfulness is an attitude that pervades all those things. Service can be done without a smile, and true brothers will stand by you no matter the mood – but these things, all things, are so much more fulfilling when you do them cheerfully.

Not only does a positive attitude lift your spirits and the task at hand, but it lifts up those around you also. Think about how many times a simple smile, a pat on the back, or a kind word has made you feel better about what you’re doing. The same can easily be done for others; it just takes the willingness to try – to go about the work of our Order and life, with the mindset that those who have the greatest power to motivate, to help others to a level they may not have imagined, do it with kind words, and genuine smiles. The amount of service possible and the strength of brotherhood are multiplied when cheerfulness is present as well.

Cheerfulness does not mean that everyone is constantly in a good mood. What it signifies is the continual commitment to life, the constant vigilance with which cheerful people face the world and problems in a way that transcends simple optimism. It is not merely an external quality; it is the deep and abiding quality of working toward the good things in life, of maintaining a positive spirit “even in the midst of irksome tasks and weighty responsibilities,” of not letting surmountable barriers prevent us from our fullest potential of brotherhood and service.

So i was at home for the weekend and when i came back today (just in time for the Bills game) the 5th year senior was the only one here and he seemed pretty pissed until i offered up some homemade cookies and since then hes been pretty cool talking to me and such.

Singapore just comes in gives me a dirty look and goes to his room....might pee in his shampoo.....chemical warfare

So i was at home for the weekend and when i came back today (just in time for the Bills game) the 5th year senior was the only one here and he seemed pretty pissed until i offered up some homemade cookies and since then hes been pretty cool talking to me and such.

Singapore just comes in gives me a dirty look and goes to his room....might pee in his shampoo.....chemical warfare

Dude I admit I'm drunk so I may seem like a dick but you and your little dilemma screams like a bunch of complete nerds or a bunch of friggin girls. Like so many have said in this thread, if it can't be settled over a few beers then fugg it, its a lost cause and move on. "Offering up some homemade cookies" just made me laugh aloud. Like I said sorry to be a dick but grow up. This saga sounds like an episode of sorority life. Either stop giving a !@#$ about these loosers and get some self confidence or you will spend your life getting walked all over or trying to please others. The best advice I have seen in this thread is stop worrying about what others think about you. You dont have to be friends with everyone. It seems like you treat everyone with respect and that is literally all you have to do. Once you get into the workforce you will probably realize this, but you DONT need to be friends with everyone.

My drunken advice is to stop trying to be these douchbags friends and do your own thing. If you cant get out of your lease, start spending more time with your real friends. Doesnt mean you cant be pleasant to your roomies, just dont associate with them. Girls are drawn to guys who exude confidence so stop worrying about roomate drama and start bringing home girls every night to slam and keep the rest of the place awake! I just married a girl I met at a drunken frat party in college. We ended up dating for the rest of undergrad and her entire tenure at law school. That kinda **** happens. Enjoy the experience and dont worry about stupid exchange students or random 5th year seniors with no friends!!!!!

I have now read this entire thread and it keeps becoming clearer and clearer to me that you are in love with this guy (red shirt) and can't accept his failure to return those feelings. I thought I was imagining it until the uber apology post, but the homemade cookies took it over the edge.