Roomate trouble

I have now read this entire thread and it keeps becoming clearer and clearer to me that you are in love with this guy (red shirt) and can't accept his failure to return those feelings. I thought I was imagining it until the uber apology post, but the homemade cookies took it over the edge.

Heart-shaped homemade cookies?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i was at home for the weekend and when i came back today (just in time for the Bills game) the 5th year senior was the only one here and he seemed pretty pissed until i offered up some homemade cookies and since then hes been pretty cool talking to me and such.

Singapore just comes in gives me a dirty look and goes to his room....might pee in his shampoo.....chemical warfare

Maybe you could try flowers?

I'm really hoping "home-made cookies" is code for a punch in the face......if somebody was being a complete douche bag to me because I wouldn't drive him around and buy him beer, i wouldn't bake him cookies. I'd punch him in the mouth then take a dump in his pillowcase. Grow some balls Martha Stewart.

Singapore just comes in gives me a dirty look and goes to his room....might pee in his shampoo.....chemical warfare

Can't you just make racist comments about him being an Engineering major? The 5th year senior would probably jump right on that too and bingo!, you have an alliance.

Fellow Members,

HR is a long-time poster, who happens to be a younger person. He asked for help.

We all know more about the world's workings when we are 18 that when we were 16. Missteps are common, inevitible. And that we learn more through experience when we become 21 over age 18. 25 over 21, 30 over 25 and so on. That's the way it goes. We have all went through that.

All threads are subject to humorous jibes - wouldn't have it any other way. He asked for advice, and got some good advice. As well as a lot of smarmy snipes.

But there are lines not to cross. Including the implying and branding with some sort of personal behavior, which can be very damaging with long-lived repercussions.

Like I said - HR is a long time poster here, and as such he deserves some loyalty, and an expectation to not unduly suffer cheap shots.

stuck.

I don't see a darned thing wrong with HR wanting to be able to feel comfortable in his own home. You ask me, he has been the real man in this fiasco. There is nothing wrong with treating people the way they would want to be treated in return. Heck, I think a whole religion was based on that concept.

Fellow Members,

HR is a long-time poster, who happens to be a younger person. He asked for help.

We all know more about the world's workings when we are 18 that when we were 16. Missteps are common, inevitible. And that we learn more through experience when we become 21 over age 18. 25 over 21, 30 over 25 and so on. That's the way it goes. We have all went through that.

All threads are subject to humorous jibes - wouldn't have it any other way. He asked for advice, and got some good advice. As well as a lot of smarmy snipes.

But there are lines not to cross. Including the implying and branding with some sort of personal behavior, which can be very damaging with long-lived repercussions.

Like I said - HR is a long time poster here, and as such he deserves some loyalty, and an expectation to not unduly suffer cheap shots.

stuck.

Even the swarmy snipes that cross the line should provide him with some insight. He is portraying himself as weak and overemotional, which is exactly why 5th year and many in this thread are jumping on him.

He wants to know how to get people to like him, and giving his worst enemy home made cookies is probably not the way to do it. It just puts him back in the submissive, cowardly, role that 5th year already had labeled him as.

Even the swarmy snipes that cross the line should provide him with some insight. He is portraying himself as weak and overemotional, which is exactly why 5th year and many in this thread are jumping on him.

He wants to know how to get people to like him, and giving his worst enemy home made cookies is probably not the way to do it. It just puts him back in the submissive, cowardly, role that 5th year already had labeled him as.

I have to agree with this. I am actually wondering, based on the homemade cookie post whether or not this whole thread is a hoax!

You just aren't going to change them, so I suggest you take the offensive. There are plenty of ways to drive rommates crazy...goggle it...my favorite is: Buy a Jack-in-the-box. Every day, turn the handle until the clown pops out. Scream continuously for twenty minutes.

http://chainletters.net/chainletters/25-wa...roommate-crazy/

Best way to handle this issue is to shyt in the shower every day til they leave.

Yeah, I think the jokes paint a very clear picture of how most people are viewing this situation.

Fellow Members,

stuck.

Good point Cincy, I didn't mean to be hard on the guy just don't want to see the guy take a bunch of crap he doesn't deserve.

Keep your friends close, keep your enemies even closer...

Best way to end this whole situation and make this 90% better is to go out and talk to them in the common room. tell them you apologize if you came across like a Dick, but you were pissed after being late and sheet after looking at garbage cans for 45 mins, you have no problem taking a guy or two with you WHEN you go tot he market for your own sheet. And Buy a 30 pk of beer on you for the house, sit down and enjoy. Getting back at people and holding grudges perpetuates the whole cyclem and it will continue to get worse and you will be remembered as a douche by the other 3 guys. You don't have to be best buds with your room mates, but its wise to be friendly and cordial with them, as you have to live with them and share living space. Suck it up and be the more mature guy, treat them to some beer, mighty taco or whatever, and lay down the rules for you doing favors.

:unsure:

Now we got JW replying to the thread!

Now its a party.

Hamden.....I will tell you exactly what I would do.....and even though I am now older......

I would wait for the opportunity for 6 year senior and singapore to come in showing attitude.....then I would walk right up into the middle of them and say......

I have tried to get along....but today.....just TODAY I am going act like the rest of you @ssholes. I would then walk to the door and say.....lets take this outside and settle this @hit. And then after that I dont want any hard feelings....but we are going to get this fixed today!

Now....maybe you get your butt kicked....maybe you get your but kicked but get some good licks in and feel better anyway....or maybe you live with a house full of @ussies who wont take you up on your offer.

But I can almost guarantee you will feel better....and you will be more respected.....or more feared....and and then you can deal with them from a stance of strength instead of weakness and THEN show them the compassion of sharing your cookies and showing what a great guy you are instead of sticking your head in the sand and hope they take your cookies as a token of appeasement.

I am telling you right now..if this was me....it would be ON.

:unsure:

Now its a party.

Hamden.....I will tell you exactly what I would do.....and even though I am now older......

I would wait for the opportunity for 6 year senior and singapore to come in showing attitude.....then I would walk right up into the middle of them and say......

I have tried to get along....but today.....just TODAY I am going act like the rest of you @ssholes. I would then walk to the door and say.....lets take this outside and settle this @hit. And then after that I dont want any hard feelings....but we are going to get this fixed today!

Now....maybe you get your butt kicked....maybe you get your but kicked but get some good licks in and feel better anyway....or maybe you live with a house full of @ussies who wont take you up on your offer.

But I can almost guarantee you will feel better....and you will be more respected.....or more feared....and and then you can deal with them from a stance of strength instead of weakness and THEN show them the compassion of sharing your cookies and showing what a great guy you are instead of sticking your head in the sand and hope they take your cookies as a token of appeasement.

Hamden,

If you follow this advice, you'll still have your problem only this time you'll have your ass kicked on top of it.

Listen to what wawrow says before he starts drinking and changes his mind.

Who the !@#$ are you kidding? Any long-time poster here knows before posting something like this that they ARE going to unduly suffer cheap shots. :doh:

Hamden,

If you follow this advice, you'll still have your problem only this time you'll have your ass kicked on top of it.

Listen to what wawrow says before he starts drinking and changes his mind.

thanks for that. i won't change my mind with one or 20 drinks.

Hamden's got to get a grip and realize that not everyone's going to like him. best bet is to find people who do and hang around with them, ignore the at home baloney, quit being a drama queen and learn how to say "no," every once in a while.

jeez louise, it took how many posts for this? i don't give two hoots who gives a flying crap about my stories, so long as they're correct and true to what i see. same approach to life. screw 'em all's my motto ... heh, heh.

jw

Hamden's got to get a grip and realize that not everyone's going to like him. jw

I told him the same thing about 9 pages ago. Stop caring what people think of you and life is much more enjoyable.

Please. In the spirit of camaraderie, he related a story of imbibing whiskey. Don't be a snot and spread crap.

Got it? Good.

Ummm, even wawrow knows I'm busting nuts.

Got it? Don't care.

I told him the same thing about 9 pages ago. Stop caring what people think of you and life is much more enjoyable.

Ummm, even wawrow knows I'm busting nuts.

Got it? Don't care.

Sure you do. You replied.

Point being, an innocent lamb seeing what you posted, may take it as gospel and not as nut-busting. And spread this or that; nuance is an acquired taste.

The fellow is in the public eye.

Sure you do. You replied.

Point being, an innocent lamb seeing what you posted, may take it as gospel and not as nut-busting. And spread this or that; nuance is an acquired taste.

The fellow is in the public eye.

i appreciate your concerns, Cincy. but it's ok.

it's regarded as a badge of honor among us ink-stained wretches to be considered a drinker. and the fact that Hunter S. Thompson is counted among my heroes, and Chuck Buchowski running a close second, well, that might well say it all.

there is no slander or libel when it's true, so LABillzFan is on firm ground. i am, however, not a drunk, merely an imbiber with a well developed liver.

jw

it's regarded as a badge of honor among us ink-stained wretches to be considered a drinker. and the fact that Hunter S. Thompson is counted among my heroes, and Chuck Buchowski running a close second, well, that might well say it all.

there is no slander or libel when it's true, so LABillzFan is on firm ground. i am, however, not a drunk, merely an imbiber with a well developed liver.

jw

I was going to say...

You're a writer. Calling you sober would be more insulting. :doh:

jw

I spent my first years out of college as a journalist for a small paper in NC. I was a fool to think my best drinking was done in college.

:lol:

Now its a party.

Dude with your luck you would trip down the stairs on the way out and smash your head on the pavement and end up in a coma. :doh:

I'm really hoping "home-made cookies" is code for a punch in the face......if somebody was being a complete douche bag to me because I wouldn't drive him around and buy him beer, i wouldn't bake him cookies. I'd punch him in the mouth then take a dump in his pillowcase. Grow some balls Martha Stewart.

Right, then you get arrested for assault and battery and have a felony on your record because your room mate didn't like you so u punched him in the face :doh:

jw

I was going to say...

You're a writer. Calling you sober would be more insulting. :w00t:

I spent my first years out of college as a journalist for a small paper in NC. I was a fool to think my best drinking was done in college.

What they said. :w00t:

I once watched a prison tv show called OZ where a bunch of guys had to learn to live together in prison...kind of like a dorm with shivs.

Now the point is that when there was a problem you just got one of them alone and sodomized them or shivved them in the yard. Sodomizing sounds a little drastic, and not very healthy :...but shivving one or two of the mo-fo's would almost certainly gain the attention and respect of the other guys. :thumbsup:

Just a little suggestion.

Hide an open can of tuna between the boxspring and the mattress in all of their rooms.....if that doesn't work, invite the entire EZC over for a Bills game. Everytime the Bills screw something up, we all are going to stare at your roomies until they feel uncomfortable.....if that doesn't work.....send an anynomous letter to immigration about threats your roomie has made about Obozo