not impressed with avp

ishouldbegm

looking at the first two games...

in new england fred jackson is avg 16 yds a catch but only saw 5 catchs

he doesnt run enough screens or play action passes

one of the few times the bills ran pa them had evans and owens open down the field and he ran 1 screen yesterday after alot of success running screens in new england

the offense has put up 17 in ne and 26

fails to give jackson enough breaks and fear of using omon imo

one of the few times the bills ran pa them had evans and owens open down the field and he ran 1 screen yesterday after alot of success running screens in new england

yeah, um.....i gonna need you to go ahead and come in on saturday......

gameplan is different for each team? is that a possibility?

What?

I'm not impressed with your post.

The gameplan changes from week to week....you wanted the same blueprint for New England and Tampa?

I believe Jackson rushed for 163 yards yesterday. NE was doubling Evans and sometimes TO on the same play, therefore allowing the TE's and RB's to be open out of the backfield for screens and dumpoffs. Tampa Bay wasn't running the same defense as NE, therefore the same type of plays wouldn't have worked the same way. Different team, different game, different outcomes. AVP is been much much better than Turk IMO. You're points are not very valid to your argument.

P.S.- There are such things as periods and the shift key. :rolleyes:

I hope the QM in your ID (ishouldbeqm) stands for Quickly Medicated....

ok, i'll bite.

in light of your critique against the Bills, Mr. Martz, how disappointed are you in how the Saints offense is sputtering these days?

jw

your killing me you bum! :rolleyes:

I am going to assume the op isn't joking......

The mark of a good OC is to find a way to still be productive when the opposing dc is taking things away from you. For instance:

- We ran a ton of screens against New England......The bucs worked on defending the screen and taking away the middle of the field all week.......

- The bucs got burned with deep passes the week before so were very concious of it.....we found a way to still get some deep passes even though they were watching out for it.

- Our running back had 167 yards rushing

- Both of our WR's caught touchdown passes and Lee should have had two

OK?

You are completely clueless, AVP has this offense actually looking like a Legit functioning NFL offense. Running play A to Set up play A1 and not running enough screens? last week in NE Edwards and Jackson ran the screen so many times youd think it was the only passing play that they knew. AVP said we are going to run this play until you stop it. Re watch both of those games, he simplified the offense using very similar formations while running different plays from those formations.

I hear what you are saying about the PA and screens but other than that I think you are way off. Remember that he has only had the jobs like 3 weeks

So i say he is doing pretty good thus far

hes been average at best so far

hes a former qb he shouldnt need weeks to know how to call plays

also trent edwards audibled out of a run play on 3rd and 1? to throw the touchdown to evans

I agree. So far, Allen von Pelt has been just atrocious as the OC. He's not getting the ball into Jackson's hands NEARLY often enough, and overusing the receivers on the outside. And the blocking...the line play is just horrid, particularly considering all the veteran depth they paid for in the off-season. Allen von Pelt and his obsession with self-proclaimed "greatest WR of all time" Clive Owens is the biggest reason we're 0-2 right now.

Are you kidding me? AVP's the man. The bills after 2 whole seasons are finally looking down the field. I loved the call to go deep to TO even though he dropped a perfectly thrown pass, and then on the very next play they went deep again to Lee. If you stretch the field the run game can thrive, and that's just what Jackson was able to do.

hes been average at best so far

hes a former qb he shouldnt need weeks to know how to call plays

also trent edwards audibled out of a run play on 3rd and 1? to throw the touchdown to evans

I know what you're saying. I call plays all the time in Madden. How hard can it be?

re: the lack of screens yesterday, the Bucs were keying on it all day long.

Did you see how many times Jackson got popped in the backfield by a DLineman when he didn't have the ball? It was going on the entire game and I'm glad Van Pelt was sharp enough to recognize it and not play into Tampa's hands.

I agree. So far, Allen von Pelt has been just atrocious as the OC. He's not getting the ball into Jackson's hands NEARLY often enough, and overusing the receivers on the outside. And the blocking...the line play is just horrid, particularly considering all the veteran depth they paid for in the off-season. Allen von Pelt and his obsession with self-proclaimed "greatest WR of all time" Clive Owens is the biggest reason we're 0-2 right now.

It's good to see that the Klarence :rolleyes: education paid off. I am awaiting the original poster to agree with all of your comments.

Get real. :rolleyes:

Well ishouldbegm, I'm glad that you aren't the GM. Even if you think that AVPs performance leaves something to be desired, consider that this is ONLY his 2nd week on the job. All things considered, he had a great gameplan against NE and the Bills O racked up over 400 yards against TB. Good defense or bad defense, rolling a team for 400 yards is impressive.

The O hasn't looked this good since 98 during Flutie's first games, or when Bledsoe was tearing up the field.

Go AVP!