Peters misses another preseason game

Fingon

Peters committed, in my estimation, a cardinal sin in the way he conducted himself last year. Despite being paid millions of dollars, he let his teammates down by showing up out of shape. Then, he allowed a poor attitude concerning his contract to ADMITTEDLY impact his play.

This is not the usual "he doesn't play for us anymore, therefore I despise him" sentiment. Peters is a jackass and whatever bad karma comes his way is entirely deserved.

He has said it before, but Ross Tucker summed up Peters again this morning on Sirius NFL Radio in response to a Philly fan complaining about JP. When Tuck played with him (in 04 and 05), Peters was still in transition from TE to LT, his technique was horrible, but he still beat EVERYONE in one-on-one drills. Raw talent the guy is off the charts. He also noted JP was playing at 320-25 then. Tucker noted he looks closer to 340 with the Eagles and isn't going to stay healthy playing at that weight.

People love when bad things happen to people they feel wronged them.

Stop acting high and mighty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

Philosopher and sociologist Theodor Adorno defined schadenfreude as “largely unanticipated delight in the suffering of another..." -- Although to be fair, I'm pretty sure everyone on this board could have anticipated the delight many would feel if Peters sucked big time.

But the season hasn't even started. I think it'll be more appropriate to laugh when & if the Eagles lose as a result of Donovan McNabb not being able to stay upright.

And I would argue that his performance is very pertinent to us as Bills fans. If he sucks, we'll feel better about our front office's evaluation of talent. If he has a few more all-pro seasons we'll be upset that Russ & Ralph decided not to pay the man an appropriate salary for a top-flight left tackle. So just like when we had an article per day about McGahee when he left, get ready for plenty of Peter's updates throughout the year. It's only natural, we want to find out who got the better end of that trade.

So far, it's way too early to tell...

while i wont deny that i'll find some personal joy if he fails, my overall satisfaction would be from the justification for the Bills FO to trade him away.

its true that no one could or can really know what he's going to do in Philly, or even if it will accurately reflect how he would have played in Buffalo. But given his "effort" ever since signing the big deal, I think the Bills got the most out of a bad situation.

ive always argued that i doubt the Bills ever WANTED to trade away their LT, but for everyone who bags on the FO about it, they didnt have much of a choice. THANKS TO that player and his agent.

without a doubt, i would have LOVED Peters to have stayed in Buffalo, gotten paid, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY play well through a long career. but the FO had more than enough reason to question if that last part was possible. they were confronted with a tough choice, and in the end decided to not risk handcuffing the entire franchise over 1 player who hasnt proven anything yet. and really, all he had to prove in order to get paid was that he was (not only) willing, but EAGER, to show up and work hard.

i ask you, who in there right mind would throw that much coin at an employee who even failed at that simple criteria?

as a Bills fan(atic), here's to hoping that Peters absolutely tanks it.

Philosopher and sociologist Theodor Adorno defined schadenfreude as “largely unanticipated delight in the suffering of another..." -- Although to be fair, I'm pretty sure everyone on this board could have anticipated the delight many would feel if Peters sucked big time.

But the season hasn't even started. I think it'll be more appropriate to laugh when & if the Eagles lose as a result of Donovan McNabb not being able to stay upright.

And I would argue that his performance is very pertinent to us as Bills fans. If he sucks, we'll feel better about our front office's evaluation of talent. If he has a few more all-pro seasons we'll be upset that Russ & Ralph decided not to pay the man an appropriate salary for a top-flight left tackle. So just like when we had an article per day about McGahee when he left, get ready for plenty of Peter's updates throughout the year. It's only natural, we want to find out who got the better end of that trade.

thats it exactly

It most certainly is. However, to this point, the Bills' FO made a great decision. Could you imagine the scene here if the FO had given Peters' big money this summer and then he have the camp and pre-season he's had so far in Philly?

Granted, all things would be different if he were in Buffalo and its a somewhat silly notion to even pose the question; however, at this point... the Bills traded away a headache and got a couple of promising players that are doing their all to succeed here. While Philly has gotten the same effort we all saw last season from our franchise LT - next to none.

I, for one, hope the season continues to prove that the Bills' FO made a great decision.

Russ was right about McGahee, so far it looks like 2 for 2.

Hmmm, what excuse will he give this year if he plays poorly ? He cant say that his contract was on his mind like he did for Buffalo last year.

Last year the excuse was he was worried about his contract. This year it will be he is worried about his investments. Maybe he will quit football an open up a car dealership.

Hmmm, what excuse will he give this year if he plays poorly ? He cant say that his contract was on his mind like he did for Buffalo last year.

He's occupied with what Andre Smith will sign for in CIN. Peters needs to know how much he will be holding out for.

PTR

He has said it before, but Ross Tucker summed up Peters again this morning on Sirius NFL Radio in response to a Philly fan complaining about JP. When Tuck played with him (in 04 and 05), Peters was still in transition from TE to LT, his technique was horrible, but he still beat EVERYONE in one-on-one drills. Raw talent the guy is off the charts. He also noted JP was playing at 320-25 then. Tucker noted he looks closer to 340 with the Eagles and isn't going to stay healthy playing at that weight.

Right. No one denies JP has skills. He's just reached a point in his life where he doesn't feel like exerting himself anymore. I believe the clinical term is "fat & happy."

PTR

while i wont deny that i'll find some personal joy if he fails, my overall satisfaction would be from the justification for the Bills FO to trade him away.

its true that no one could or can really know what he's going to do in Philly, or even if it will accurately reflect how he would have played in Buffalo. But given his "effort" ever since signing the big deal, I think the Bills got the most out of a bad situation.

ive always argued that i doubt the Bills ever WANTED to trade away their LT, but for everyone who bags on the FO about it, they didnt have much of a choice. THANKS TO that player and his agent.

without a doubt, i would have LOVED Peters to have stayed in Buffalo, gotten paid, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY play well through a long career. but the FO had more than enough reason to question if that last part was possible. they were confronted with a tough choice, and in the end decided to not risk handcuffing the entire franchise over 1 player who hasnt proven anything yet. and really, all he had to prove in order to get paid was that he was (not only) willing, but EAGER, to show up and work hard.

i ask you, who in there right mind would throw that much coin at an employee who even failed at that simple criteria?

as a Bills fan(atic), here's to hoping that Peters absolutely tanks it.

He and Dockery are so similar - -both love the money more than the game. That's sad.

It most certainly is. However, to this point, the Bills' FO made a great decision. Could you imagine the scene here if the FO had given Peters' big money this summer and then he have the camp and pre-season he's had so far in Philly?

Granted, all things would be different if he were in Buffalo and its a somewhat silly notion to even pose the question; however, at this point... the Bills traded away a headache and got a couple of promising players that are doing their all to succeed here. While Philly has gotten the same effort we all saw last season from our franchise LT - next to none.

I, for one, hope the season continues to prove that the Bills' FO made a great decision.

That sums it up pretty well. Although being a big Orange fan, I'd hate to see McNabb get creamed just to prove the point that Peters was a world-class hoser. Now, if Peters had been traded to the Pats* and THEN sucked big time, it might actually start me believing in a higher power.

No. Some of us have a strong dislike for him following his actions last year. If he fails, we will take pleasure in it, because we are human beings.

Pleasure..... ELATED will be more like it I hope is gets credit for 16 + sacks..

I'll fix you. Seriously, I'm perfectly happy, although I don't claim to be a Christian. And for anyone who never takes pleasure in someone else falling on their face, well, good for you. I hope you fall on your face, or maybe into some quicksand .

You do seem happy. :thumbsup: Can't see Christ-like attitude in what you said though...

How could you be a Christain if you are a caveman? Before his time. Your are not a newage caveman from that makes commerials, right?

Anyway, I agree thand I believe it would be a good thing for Peters to fail in football at least initially in Philly. Maybe he would realize how lucky he was and is and will respect himself and his team someday.