Ralph looks wonderful

BillsVet

I've had my differences with Bills management over the past few years, particularly Ralph. Perhaps I'm caught up in the emotion of the moment, but Ralph did an awesome job tonight. He is a credit to the NFL, to Buffalo, and to all the causes he has quietly supported over the years. And of course, he's a veteran.

He was funny, spoke well, and hopefully when I'm 90 I'll look as good as he does.

After all, how many people won professional football teams for 50 years?

God Bless you Ralph.

Nice speech. He made it threw ok....there were a few "Ralph" moments...but thats Ralph!!!

God Bless him....

A whole block...of people in wheelchairs...breathing oxygen...and i thought...this is America!

-arguably my new favorite moment of all-time. i fell out of my couch.

Hey Ralph Talk to the other team :-)

Classic...he was brilliant..no notes...funny, sincere. God bless him. He may be the only person on earth that would have kept the Bills in Buffalo for 50 years.

He may move slow, but his voice was strong. I hadn't heard him in a few years.

Hope I'm still around at 90, much less in as good as shape as Ralph!

Honestly, I hope I am dead long before 90. But if I knew I would be in Ralph's shape, I might rethink that position.

A whole block...of people in wheelchairs...breathing oxygen...and i thought...this is America!

-arguably my new favorite moment of all-time. i fell out of my couch.

I hear ya. That one sentence lasted what seemed like an hour. Classic!

Wheelchairs and oxygen... God Bless America!

Hey Ralph Talk to the other team :-)

Classic...he was brilliant..no notes...funny, sincere. God bless him. He may be the only person on earth that would have kept the Bills in Buffalo for 50 years.

No notes...I've made speeches, but his came off as genuine while touching and funny. The speech to the team in 1960 was great.

Guest dog14787
I've had my differences with Bills management over the past few years, particularly Ralph. Perhaps I'm caught up in the emotion of the moment, but Ralph did an awesome job tonight. He is a credit to the NFL, to Buffalo, and to all the causes he has quietly supported over the years. And of course, he's a veteran.

He was funny, spoke well, and hopefully when I'm 90 I'll look as good as he does.

After all, how many people won professional football teams for 50 years?

God Bless you Ralph.

:thumbdown: Ralph Wilson's passion for football and his love for Buffalo will live on forever in the HOF.

No notes...I've made speeches, but his came off as genuine while touching and funny. The speech to the team in 1960 was great.

He had notes. He turned the page at least once. Also, I suspect they have a teleprompter available.

He first went to a pro football game in **1935**!!!!!!

That was unbelievable... I met Ace Parker, collegiate All-American running back for the Brooklyn Dodgers in the late 1930's, and he was like Ralph is today... in 1996. He is STILL alive, born in 1912!!!

I have been extremely fortunate to meet him personally twice, once during the NFL meeting in 1996, and the other while leaving the Bills/Jets game in 1999 in Buffalo. No matter what is said about him, everything that he has done has been for us.

Thank you, Mr. Wilson. Thank you so very much, shipmate.

He had notes. He turned the page at least once. Also, I suspect they have a teleprompter available.

True...but he wasn't scripted like someone can be on a teleprompter. He ad-libbed at the right times, and referred to those notes. And by golly, he was entertaining with those stories.

True...but he wasn't scripted like someone can be on a teleprompter. He ad-libbed at the right times, and referred to those notes. And by golly, he was entertaining with those stories.

Agreed. He had notes, but it didn't seem like he was tied to them.

Great speech! Mr. Wilson is certainly a gentleman with a capital "G". He is an amazing man. I also cannot think of a better person to give his introduction than Boomer.

From one Navy man to another, "fair winds and following seas" to a class act. Congratulations Mr. Wilson!

I actually questioned the choice of Berman as his presenter. I realize Berman is a long time Bills supporter, but it seemed odd to me. However, Boomer did a great job, better in my opinion than those following, and so did Ralph.

Nice speech. He made it threw ok....there were a few "Ralph" moments...but thats Ralph!!!

God Bless him....

It's nice to finally see some love on this board for Ralph. I've been disgusted with a lot of the crap people have written about Ralph. Hence my longterm signature line that Ralph is not the anti Christ. He has kept the team in Buffalo as the city fell apart. He never once looked at a relocation deal. Ralph has been and will be until his death one of the greatest heroes in Buffalo history. Things are warm and fuzzy now for him on this board but when the glow wears off keep in mind all of the things he's done for the city and the team. Think before calling him cheap, a guy who cares more about money than winning and stupid. If they were true he'd be talking about the LA Bills today. 'Nuff said.

It's nice to finally see some love on this board for Ralph. I've been disgusted with a lot of the crap people have written about Ralph. Hence my longterm signature line that Ralph is not the anti Christ. He has kept the team in Buffalo as the city fell apart. He never once looked at a relocation deal. Ralph has been and will be until his death one of the greatest heroes in Buffalo history. Things are warm and fuzzy now for him on this board but when the glow wears off keep in mind all of the things he's done for the city and the team. Think before calling him cheap, a guy who cares more about money than winning and stupid. If they were true he'd be talking about the LA Bills today. 'Nuff said.

Don't worry, Steely. As soon as the euphoria of the festivities wears out, the haters will be back in full force. Count on it.

GO BILLS!!!

Don't worry, Steely. As soon as the euphoria of the festivities wears out, the haters will be back in full force. Count on it.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm hoping I've instilled a grain of rational thought into their over cluttered noggins and they will think before they speak. I know it won't happen but I hope for a little while at least they'll learn how wrong they were/are. Maybe it will change the minds of one or two of them.

Hopefully this will lead to more people who respect him standing up for him when the dingus' post.

I'm hoping I've instilled a grain of rational thought into their over cluttered noggins and they will think before they speak. I know it won't happen but I hope for a little while at least they'll learn how wrong they were/are. Maybe it will change the minds of one or two of them.

Hopefully this will lead to more people who respect him standing up for him when the dingus' post.

Still taking swipes at windmills, eh Steely. Good for you. Keep the faith!

GO BILLS!!!

I'm hoping I've instilled a grain of rational thought into their over cluttered noggins

I agree with the overall sentiment, but what makes you think YOU will have had anything to do with it, if they rethink their opinions of Ralph? I think Ralph may have instilled that "grain of rational thought". If he didn't, you have little chance of it.

I agree with the overall sentiment, but what makes you think YOU will have had anything to do with it, if they rethink their opinions of Ralph? I think Ralph may have instilled that "grain of rational thought". If he didn't, you have little chance of it.

I think the warm fuzzies are out for Ralph tonight and a lot of critics are feeling them. All I wanted to try and do is to make them think twice before the warm fuzzies wear off. Most likely as K-9 said I'm tilting at windmills but I think it helps to enunciate it. Just hopin.

can anyone post a video of Berman's speech? I literally just got home in time to see the very beginning of Ralph's and would like to see what Berman had to say.

I set the dvr for 3 hours, as the channel guide said (it went 4 hours), so I missed Bruce... but have no fear, they are re-running the whole thing tomorrow (Sunday 8/9) at 1pm eastern, on ESPN Classic...in case you are interested...

Honestly, when they showed Ralph sitting, I thought he was looking very frail...but when he spoke, he still sounded relatively sharp...he has always talked slowly...

I think it was done this year partly due to his legacy being 50 years this year, 50 years since "The Foolish Club" founded the AFL. Looks like those who called them and him fools were the fools wearing dunce caps. The current, hastily signed NFLPA contract and results evident last year was the nail that completed the podium.

Will look forward to watching it tomorrow.

can anyone post a video of Berman's speech? I literally just got home in time to see the very beginning of Ralph's and would like to see what Berman had to say.

I think it's on again tomorrow afternoon. BTW, did anyone else notice that this broadcast seemed to be like 50% commercials? I'm just watching on DVR now after being out tonight, and I've been fast forwarding longer than I've been watching.

I think it's on again tomorrow afternoon. BTW, did anyone else notice that this broadcast seemed to be like 50% commercials? I'm just watching on DVR now after being out tonight, and I've been fast forwarding longer than I've been watching.

Never mind about the commercials. Once they actually got to the meat of the ceremony, there's not much commercial time.

Ralph was great! It made me proud to be a Bills fan watching him up there. The love he got from everyone in the stands, Bills Jersey or not, was indicative of how respected he is. Awesome night for Ralph and I felt honored to be there sharing it with him.

The last line.. .though.. what was that all about? Hilarious. I missed that part about America. I was just thinking Ralph didn't like to see old people in wheelchairs - breathing oxygen no less! Needless to say those jokes kept us going through Rod's speech.