Bills bringing in Pisa Tinoisamoa

Heitz

is this another classic case of everyone just wanting the bills to sign someone to sign someone? yes it is.

nobody is concerned why the leading tackler for one of the worst teams in football is being cut? i am sure he is not a bad player, but he is not a difference maker-or this would be news somewhere other than the afc east blog on espn.com.

2 lbs in DJ's D typically. lets bring in levi for a physical and see what kind of shape he is before the bills throw money out there to make it look like they are doing something for the fans. OT and DT are FAR bigger needs than olb for this team.

sorry about being a debbie downer here, the situation sounds fishy. besides...raise your hand if you have seen(or heard of) this guy play-somewhere other than on youtube? ...silence

Just because you've never heard of him doesn't mean that others (like me) also haven't, or that "yes it is" a case of "signing a player just to sign a player."

Do I care why Spagnuolo cut him? No I don't. All I care is that he's an upgrade over Ellison, which he is.

And Levi Jones won't be ready to pass a physical for a month or so.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

is this another classic case of everyone just wanting the bills to sign someone to sign someone? yes it is.

nobody is concerned why the leading tackler for one of the worst teams in football is being cut? i am sure he is not a bad player, but he is not a difference maker-or this would be news somewhere other than the afc east blog on espn.com.

2 lbs in DJ's D typically. lets bring in levi for a physical and see what kind of shape he is before the bills throw money out there to make it look like they are doing something for the fans. OT and DT are FAR bigger needs than olb for this team.

sorry about being a debbie downer here, the situation sounds fishy. besides...raise your hand if you have seen(or heard of) this guy play-somewhere other than on youtube? ...silence

so your saying the Bills shouldn't sign anyone unless we've heard of him?...I'm not sure why hes being cut..I'm sure the Bills FO does...you'd rather Buffalo goes after an OT that has been hurt often and no other team seems to want, but your not concerned about that at all?...I wouldn't mind a stud DT, but I don't see any available, so it its mute....

As another poster pointed out, he is listed as 6'1", 240lbs. http://www.nfl.com/players/pisatinoisamoa/...le?id=TIN225467 That is more than big enough for an OLB. And given PT's size, age, last year's production, and familiarity with the defense, he is far and away the best OLB out there. This would be great signing, especially this late in the off-season.

Yeah, but if you read Tim Graham's article linked in the original post, it says that he played at 220 last year.

London Fletcher got cut. Look how that turned out. We still haven't replaced him. Adequately, that is, though maybe this year Poz will finally manage it. Good players get cut sometimes. So do bad ones. You have to do a good job distinguishing the two.

London Fletcher got cut. Look how that turned out. We still haven't replaced him. Adequately, that is, though maybe this year Poz will finally manage it. Good players get cut sometimes. So do bad ones. You have to do a good job distinguishing the two.

London Fletcher was never cut by the Bills.

Awesome!! I actually have his autograph on Rams hat. This was at a Ravens game me and my friend got to help out taking pictures of plays and handing them to the coaches.

He's a super nice guy, and good player. I hope we get him!

raise your hand if you have seen(or heard of) this guy play-somewhere other than on youtube? ...silence

Do you honestly think all of us are as ignorant of NFL players on other teams who don't regularly appear on ESPN, as you?

Yeah, but if you read Tim Graham's article linked in the original post, it says that he played at 220 last year.

And he was credited with 104 tackles (88 solo), the best in his six-year NFL career.

And he was credited with 104 tackles (88 solo), the best in his six-year NFL career.

:rolleyes:

Don't really care why he was cut. Especially don't care if is weight is 240 or 140, with

stats like he put up last year, I'll take him. Best part it won't cost us a thing, as he is

a free agent.

Here's a good entry about Pisa Tinoisamoa from Brad Biggs of the Chicago Sun-Times. The writer seems to think that the Bears will have an interest in signing Pisa. He mentions that Chicago's DC, Bob Babich was Pisa's LB coach for a few years in St. Louis.

The piece also mentions that Pisa's release was somewhat of a surprise. This could be the gift that fell out of the sky if we can sign him to reasonable terms.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/05/fo...may_11_pis.html

Question is why did STL cut him after such a productive season. This notion that he'll work for us remains to be seen, but it's the case of we want something new to us, not always what's better.

The Bills have issues at LB and depth at the position as well. He's not going to be all the answers at the position.

Do you really think the Bills are doing this for the fans? Which ones do you think they asked?

Just because you've never heard of him doesn't mean that others (like me) also haven't, or that "yes it is" a case of "signing a player just to sign a player."

Do I care why Spagnuolo cut him? No I don't. All I care is that he's an upgrade over Ellison, which he is.

And Levi Jones won't be ready to pass a physical for a month or so.

Pisa is the single best move to be made at this point in the pre season.

Question is why did STL cut him after such a productive season. This notion that he'll work for us remains to be seen, but it's the case of we want something new to us, not always what's better.

The Bills have issues at LB and depth at the position as well. He's not going to be all the answers at the position.

don't you just hate people on this board who put up wise-a55 comments without even bothering to find out the full story?!

the Rams are cutting Pisa because their new coach Spag does not like smaller. quick linebackers. there might be deeper underlying issues there too, who knows?

to me it sounds like he is a tackling machine much like the last undersized LB we signed from the Rams i.e. London Fletcher

as long as Pisa can make the tackles closer to the line of scrimmage than Fletch we should be all set! it was tiresome to see Fletch get 10-15 tackles per game, almost all of them 15-25 yards past the LOS..

which brings us to the other point, DT depth is lacking - McCargo better show up ready to play like a 1st Rd. pick this year

My fear is that the Bills will invite him into One Bills Drive, wine him and dine him...and then do nothing. They'll give him some idiotic excuse like "Well, we arent in much of a hurry to do anything...but we'll let you know".

HATE that.

Pisa fits our system perfectly and makes sense to be starting for us, so that tells me it wont be happening.

I also give Levi Jones becoming a Buffalo Bill a less than 1% chance of happening now.

I'm hoping that the interest by the Pats, whether real or not, compels the Bills to make a strong push to sign him. And realistically, at this point, expecting any better options to emerge is wishful thinking.

Pisa is a great lb in the league. He was a prized recruit for June Jones in college. Jones noted he was one of his best LBs hes ever coached. He had off field problems coming out of HS but hasnt had any since. He was a five star athlete in HS and was awesome in college. Defensive captain for the Rams and led team in tackles. Proven. By the way, one of the nicest people ive ever met off the field. Please Buffalo sign him!

Yep. All that AND he just got cut. I understand he's a good player, but he just got cut. Did I mention he was cut?

Spags obviously felt PT wasn't a good fit. I would think he'd be an upgrade, just don't expect miracles.

Yep. All that AND he just got cut. I understand he's a good player, but he just got cut. Did I mention he was cut?

Spags obviously felt PT wasn't a good fit. I would think he'd be an upgrade, just don't expect miracles.

He got cut because at his weight he couldn't play the Sam like they had Kawika playing two years ago. Kawika mans that spot here, and Pisa would replace Ellison as the Will/run to the ball hitter. No need for one to be an indictment of the other.

Thats exactly what I was trying to convey. He is a decent player, not great. If he was a difference maker, he would not have been cut simply bc he was undersized. production is production. good players on D can work in any system. PLUS-good players in their 20's do not get cut if they are true difference makers.

somebody has to get tackles on that crap for nothing D the rams had.

yeah, he is better than ellison, but so what? lot of people we brought in are, doesnt mean the D jumps into the top 10 bc we potentially sign this guy.

and i am sticking to my guns-I KNOW most of you have never SEEN this guy play. reading up on peoples stat lines do not make you a player expert.

The best part is--he already Billieves!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d78Ih0pzMaM

Do you see the comments frm Rams fans on there? They are all from a year ago. VERY positive about Pisa, but they all claim he is (now, was) going to lead them to the playoffs. That didn't work out for them. Any way, it looks like he was very well regarded by some fans.

He got cut because at his weight he couldn't play the Sam like they had Kawika playing two years ago. Kawika mans that spot here, and Pisa would replace Ellison as the Will/run to the ball hitter. No need for one to be an indictment of the other.

Weird as it may seem, it was pointed out to me not long ago that Ellison actually plays the strong side and Mitchell the weak.

WOW Tinoisamoa would be a huge pick up... His 135 tackles last year is most impressive!!!!!!!!

COME ON BUFFALO SIGN HIM BEFORE HE GETS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If he signs I would buy one of his jerseys that day.

I was at the Rams game last year and he had 9 or 10 tackles and was very involved in the first half.

IMO I think he plays bigger than his 6' 1" frame becasue he bring a freight train style hit.

It didn't hurt that the Rams dome was empty and I was on the 50 yard line hanging over the rail 10 feet behind the Bills bench.... Maybe he looked bigger close up! HAHAHA

Man I hope Buffalo signs him when he is in town tomorrow. Poz, Mitchell and Pisa would be an awesome trio of linebackers.

I don't pretend to know if Pisa would pan out for the Bills, but I also think that trying to unravel other team's logic in letting a guy go is a futile exercise.

Remember that one of Marv Levy's (the coaching years) first moves was to sign a guy cut by Houston. That guy's name was Steve Tasker.

Question is why did STL cut him after such a productive season.

I think the question is "are there any red flags?" Nothing that I have read, or heard, suggests there are. There are no attitude or serious physical issues, from what I gather. His play speaks for itself, I think.

It looks as if they cut him for a number of possible reasons. It looks as if he Didn't Spagnulo's t scheme, he was plauged with injuries for a couple years and he had a somewhat hefty salary cap. My guess is that when Spagnulo put all this together, he saw him as expendable. That's just my guess.

I'd love for the Bills to pick this guy up, he looks as if he'd be a definite upgrade of what we have.

WOW Tinoisamoa would be a huge pick up... His 135 tackles last year is most impressive!!!!!!!!

COME ON BUFFALO SIGN HIM BEFORE HE GETS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If he signs I would buy one of his jerseys that day.

I was at the Rams game last year and he had 9 or 10 tackles and was very involved in the first half.

IMO I think he plays bigger than his 6' 1" frame becasue he bring a freight train style hit.

It didn't hurt that the Rams dome was empty and I was on the 50 yard line hanging over the rail 10 feet behind the Bills bench.... Maybe he looked bigger close up! HAHAHA

Man I hope Buffalo signs him when he is in town tomorrow. Poz, Mitchell and Pisa would be an awesome trio of linebackers.

I'm always skeptical about tackle numbers. Teams are free to list as many as they like - I've read that SF is especially generous.

London Fletcher used to get batted about here for his totals...saying his tackles were made 5+ yards down field even though the DL couldn't shove a marshmallow out of the way or tackle an angry ping pong ball.

Ah, point taken. It's would be interesting to see what he is closer to. Either way, IMO, I'd take him at 220 lbs and be very happy with it.

I certainly could be wrong but he probably let his weight drop lower than intended and now in the offseason, realizing this significant drop in weight and it's undesirable consequenses, he'll probably take measure during the upcoming season to prevent that happening again. At least I would think so.