Maybin = another JAG

afcfan1

How do the Bills justify taking Maybin over Orakbo or Oher? Have you seen the pictures of this guy? He looks like a beefed up WR, not a DE. Even his highlights are not impressive. He's had 1 year of success in a mediocre - sub-mediocre conference. He is going to be physically abused by NFL OLmen.

Love the Wood pick, but our OL is in sad, sad shape. Who is going to play LT...L Walker? He is a well below avg RT. There is no way he can play LT. Why do the Bills not seem to get what most other NFL teams already know? You build successful teams with the DL and OL. You can't get by with nobodys and other teams' castoffs playing on the line. I truly feel sorry for Trent this year. He is going to get killed.

How do the Bills justify taking Maybin over Orakbo or Oher? Have you seen the pictures of this guy? He looks like a beefed up WR, not a DE. Even his highlights are not impressive. He's had 1 year of success in a mediocre - sub-mediocre conference. He is going to be physically abused by NFL OLmen.

Love the Wood pick, but our OL is in sad, sad shape. Who is going to play LT...L Walker? He is a well below avg RT. There is no way he can play LT. Why do the Bills not seem to get what most other NFL teams already know? You build successful teams with the DL and OL. You can't get buy with nobodys and other teams' castoffs playing on the line. I truly feel sorry for Trent this year. He is going to get killed.

Finally, four days after the draft SOMEBODY brings these points to TSW.

Love the Wood pick, but our OL is in sad, sad shape. Who is going to play LT...L Walker? He is a well below avg RT. There is no way he can play LT. Why do the Bills not seem to get what most other NFL teams already know? You build successful teams with the DL and OL. You can't get by with nobodys and other teams' castoffs playing on the line. I truly feel sorry for Trent this year. He is going to get killed.

I bet you by seasons end our O Line is better this year than it was last year...

FYI: Maybin was rated by most as the best pass rusher in this draft...so go take your beef up with them too because I am sure you are better suited to evaluate these players than professional scouts and NFL front offices...lmao

FYI: Maybin was rated by most as the best pass rusher in this draft...so go take your beef up with them too because I am sure you are better suited to evaluate these players than professional scouts and NFL front offices...lmao

don't ya know the scouts have already said they regret not calling him before the draft ......

Finally, four days after the draft SOMEBODY brings these points to TSW.

I said it immediately. I said when we picked him there was no way he could stand up to the game New England brings (and others), like that little off tackle thing they do. Please. I also pointed out that U.S.C. had their way with him. The Trojans rolled all over them. Sanchez looked like he was having fun back there. Maybin didn't apply pressure on him then and won't now. I hope I am wrong but he ain't no end, maybe an outside linebacker but I doubt that with his speed. I said before the draft and I'll say it again, we need big boi lineman on both sides of the ball. Mean nasty types that take folks lunch money.

I said before the draft and I'll say it again, we need big boi lineman on both sides of the ball. Mean nasty types that take folks lunch money.

we had the largest offensive line in the league for 2 years in a row and were ok at pass blocking and horrible at run blocking...

agreed that we need mean, motivated players. but that has nothing to do with their size.

we had the largest offensive line in the league for 2 years in a row and were ok at pass blocking and horrible at run blocking...

agreed that we need mean, motivated players. but that has nothing to do with their size.

Let him pretend like Maybin still weighs less than 230.

That at least makes for conversation.

Aaron Schobel

Height:

6-4

Weight:

College:

TCU

Schobel played in the Mountain West Conference

point made

You woke up to post this? Go back to sleep before you hurt yourself

Call him a troll but he makes valid points. Saying McShay and Kiper rated the kid as the best pass rushing end doesnt make him the consensus best rushing end. There is a reason all of those guys dont have jobs for real NFL teams. I take Mayocks word over those twos and Mayock was scared of him the same way I am. I will eat crow if he is better than Orakpo, but what will the Bills excuse be if he is not? I am concerned because we passed on having Orakpo, then passed on having Maybin and Brown. This seems to happen every year (the Bills take one position, but the wrong guy IMO). History has shown that I have been a better scout than the Bills. Evidence

2002: Bills pick- M.Williams My pick- B. McKinnie

2003: Bills pick- Willi McGahee My pick- Not Willis McGahee

2004: Bills pick- Losman My pick- Who is Losman? (I REALLY wanted Roethelisburger but he didnt fall, shoulda traded up from 13 to get him instead of trading to get Losman.)

2005: Bills pick- No pick

2006: Bills pick- Whitner/McCargo My pick- Ngata

2007: Bills pick- Lynch/Poz My pick- I would have traded up to get P.Willis, not Poz, but did want Lynch once Willis was gone.

2008: Bills pick- McKelvin My pick- DRC

2009: Bills pick- Maybin My pick- Orakpo

I am not tooting my own horn here, most viewers on this board share/shared similar opinions on these players at that time.

I think I must have more confidence in Chambers than any other member on this board. I think he will be our starter at LT for the whole year. He wont be great but he will be solid. I do wish we got Oher but I cannot complain with wood or levitre as they may be better picks when you take our whole roster into account.

Call him a troll but he makes valid points. Saying McShay and Kiper rated the kid as the best pass rushing end doesnt make him the consensus best rushing end. There is a reason all of those guys dont have jobs for real NFL teams. I take Mayocks word over those twos and Mayock was scared of him the same way I am. I will eat crow if he is better than Orakpo, but what will the Bills excuse be if he is not? I am concerned because we passed on having Orakpo, then passed on having Maybin and Brown. This seems to happen every year (the Bills take one position, but the wrong guy IMO). History has shown that I have been a better scout than the Bills. Evidence

2002: Bills pick- M.Williams My pick- B. McKinnie

2003: Bills pick- Willi McGahee My pick- Not Willis McGahee

2004: Bills pick- Losman My pick- Who is Losman? (I REALLY wanted Roethelisburger but he didnt fall, shoulda traded up from 13 to get him instead of trading to get Losman.)

2005: Bills pick- No pick

2006: Bills pick- Whitner/McCargo My pick- Ngata

2007: Bills pick- Lynch/Poz My pick- I would have traded up to get P.Willis, not Poz, but did want Lynch once Willis was gone.

2008: Bills pick- McKelvin My pick- DRC

2009: Bills pick- Maybin My pick- Orakpo

I am not tooting my own horn here, most viewers on this board share/shared similar opinions on these players at that time.

I think I must have more confidence in Chambers than any other member on this board. I think he will be our starter at LT for the whole year. He wont be great but he will be solid. I do wish we got Oher but I cannot complain with wood or levitre as they may be better picks when you take our whole roster into account.

LMAO at you are better at those picks than the Bills...you didnt offer an alternative pick in most cases, that means a pick available at our draft slot, not your fairy tale world where we traded up because it takes TWO to trade, you dont just rade up because you decided to trade up...not to mention, one trade up would have changed every single pick there after in every season...lol...

You only had someone else on your Williams pick, McKelvin pick, Whitner and Maybin pick...and you are wrong on McKelvin, I would rather have him than DRC, and no one knows about the Maybin pick yet...so congrats on being right on two picks in 7 years...nice job. lmao...you should create a scouting resume of that and see if you can get scouting job...

Is it me, or are the posts on this board getting worse now that we are heading in the right direction?

Its so easy to critique picks after the fact, but at the time they were all made, the only questionable ones were McGahee and Whitner. Losman was hot and rising fast up the draft boards and because of how good Bledsoe was the previous year, it looked like it would be a while before we had a high enough pick to get such a prospect. McGahee was a luxury pick viewed by most as we werent seen as a team with a tremendous amount of holes and considering he would have been the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft pre injury, they took a chance.

I will admit that I thought the draft broke the Bills way when Brian Orakpo fell to #11. Generally, the opinions about Aaron Maybin have been mixed, at best, however, I have seen comments that boost my hopes for him in a Bills uniform. Pro Football Weekly had a promotion for those who purchased their draft magazine, and in the on-line version there was an anonymous scout who said ( I'm paraphrasing) that he wished his team had a crack at Aaron because, in his view, he could be anything you wanted him to be!! I assumed this meant 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB. Now, for the offensive line talk.... Langston Walker will get something Jason Peters didn't have ALL year and that's a mean, nasty OLG next to him in Eric Wood! The cutting of Derrick Dockery was a HINT about the source of a LOT of the ills the O-line sufered along with the sheer ignoring of Melvin Fowler and Duke Preston in free agency. A revamped interior line might make quite a few fans VERY HAPPY this year, IMO.

:pirate::rolleyes::lol:

Whats so funny? Blesoe threw for over 4000 yards the year before, and the Bills even said they were not expecting to be in a position to get such a highly regarded QB prospect in the near future...which is what everyone thought after that first year with Bledsoe when he had a dangerous passing attack.

Whats so funny? Blesoe threw for over 4000 yards the year before, and the Bills even said they were not expecting to be in a position to get such a highly regarded QB prospect in the near future...which is what everyone thought after that first year with Bledsoe when he had a dangerous passing attack.
You must have slept thru the 2nd half of 2002 and 2003.

If you want to learn about football. try actually watching the games instead of just reading the stats. :rolleyes::pirate:

LMAO at you are better at those picks than the Bills...you didnt offer an alternative pick in most cases, that means a pick available at our draft slot, not your fairy tale world where we traded up because it takes TWO to trade, you dont just rade up because you decided to trade up...not to mention, one trade up would have changed every single pick there after in every season...lol...

You only had someone else on your Williams pick, McKelvin pick, Whitner and Maybin pick...and you are wrong on McKelvin, I would rather have him than DRC, and no one knows about the Maybin pick yet...so congrats on being right on two picks in 7 years...nice job. lmao...you should create a scouting resume of that and see if you can get scouting job...

Is it me, or are the posts on this board getting worse now that we are heading in the right direction?

Its so easy to critique picks after the fact, but at the time they were all made, the only questionable ones were McGahee and Whitner. Losman was hot and rising fast up the draft boards and because of how good Bledsoe was the previous year, it looked like it would be a while before we had a high enough pick to get such a prospect. McGahee was a luxury pick viewed by most as we werent seen as a team with a tremendous amount of holes and considering he would have been the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft pre injury, they took a chance.

Just to nitpick: The only draft board Losman was rising up was TD's. He wanted Big Ben and panicked for a QB. Every team in the NFL had Losman as a 2nd rounder.

I'm not a huge Maybin fan but lets be serious for a second- this was a very weak draft, I had about 4 guys who seemed pretty solid (Curry, J Smith, E Monroe, and Raji)- the rest had flaws and concerns- Orakpo? is he maxed out? he seems stiff, got dominated at times in the run game. The best value might have been at CB or WR but that might have caused bloodshed.

I dont think you read my post the way I intended it to sound. In 04 the Bills traded up to take a QB, and gave up a lot to do it. I saw Big Ben play and new he was a stud. I really wanted to Bills to take him. Maybe the Bills tried to do this and couldnt, but I would have traded up to select Ben, not Losman. Clearly the Bills liked Losman to trade up for him, but he sucked. I never would have traded anything for Losman. Similar situation with Poz (although he doesnt suck). If you are giving up picks to take a LB, get Willis over Poz. Once we couldnt get Willis, I was hoping Poz came to the Bills. Some years I would have drafted the same player the Bills did. Ironically those years the picks panned out. The years they havent panned out, I did not want to the Bills to select the player they did. I never would have picked McGahee, or any RB for that matter. But if I was going to take a RB at that pick, I would have taken Larry Johnson. He is a much better back than McGahee ever was. Point is since 2002 I have not wanted the Bills to take a single player who has busted or been a let down (leaving the last two drafts out because they have not played enough to grade)

I would have selected DRC over McKelvin and Orakpo over Maybin. McKelvin has shown he will be very good, but the jury is still out, and we will see if he is better than DRC. Hopefully these situations do not have the same results as they have in the past, ie the Bills picking M.Williams over McKinnie -- that is passing on a better player at the same position.

Anyone that ISN'T worried about maybin is crazy. He's boom or bust. Personally, I'd rather have Orakpo, but I like Maybins potential. I also liked Mike Williams' potential.

Let's all pray he has the dedication to be great. He has the athleticism.

I said it immediately. I said when we picked him there was no way he could stand up to the game New England brings (and others), like that little off tackle thing they do. Please. I also pointed out that U.S.C. had their way with him. The Trojans rolled all over them. Sanchez looked like he was having fun back there. Maybin didn't apply pressure on him then and won't now. I hope I am wrong but he ain't no end, maybe an outside linebacker but I doubt that with his speed. I said before the draft and I'll say it again, we need big boi lineman on both sides of the ball. Mean nasty types that take folks lunch money.

Maybin had a good game against USC. The problem was that USC went with mostly 3-step drops (and it's hard to generate a pass rush against it) and their secondary was brutal. Did Orakpo dominate against Ohio State? What about Ayers' 3 sacks for the season?

It would be a good excuse, but it ain't true. Nice try though. It still seems like decades ago, so I understand.

You are thinking of 2002. Bledsoe sucked in 2003...we had a terrible offense. They got Losman because he was on the cover of ESPN as the next great thing and then Bledsoe sucked in 2004 and we cut him.

But to sum it up, Bledsoe sucked for an entire 24 games before we drafted Losman (8 from 2002 and 16 from 2003). That's why we drafted him...we thought Blesdoe was pretty much done, not the fact we could get Losman to ride the bench for a while.

I dont think you read my post the way I intended it to sound. In 04 the Bills traded up to take a QB, and gave up a lot to do it. I saw Big Ben play and new he was a stud. I really wanted to Bills to take him. Maybe the Bills tried to do this and couldnt, but I would have traded up to select Ben, not Losman. Clearly the Bills liked Losman to trade up for him, but he sucked. I never would have traded anything for Losman. Similar situation with Poz (although he doesnt suck). If you are giving up picks to take a LB, get Willis over Poz. Once we couldnt get Willis, I was hoping Poz came to the Bills. Some years I would have drafted the same player the Bills did. Ironically those years the picks panned out. The years they havent panned out, I did not want to the Bills to select the player they did. I never would have picked McGahee, or any RB for that matter. But if I was going to take a RB at that pick, I would have taken Larry Johnson. He is a much better back than McGahee ever was. Point is since 2002 I have not wanted the Bills to take a single player who has busted or been a let down (leaving the last two drafts out because they have not played enough to grade)

I would have selected DRC over McKelvin and Orakpo over Maybin. McKelvin has shown he will be very good, but the jury is still out, and we will see if he is better than DRC. Hopefully these situations do not have the same results as they have in the past, ie the Bills picking M.Williams over McKinnie -- that is passing on a better player at the same position.

are you serious haha?

Do you live in your basement?

lol why are you even telling us this? do you think anyone believes you?

Big mike could have been better then McKennie he had more talent, he was lazy, LAZY+NFL=Bust

Mcgahee top five talent at RB easy, washed it away, but did come back from injury and Travis Henry.... wait where is he now? and You say You would have rather had that one year Standout at Penn State LJ, so why not this One year Stand out? awkward....

Umm A lot of people wanted Willis over Poz(also Apeat over marsh, no you wouldn't have wanted him see mcgahee explanation huh?) duh, he was picked above us, and lets see A-train was really good he probably would still be on the team, let me guess you also knew Freddy Jackson would step it up, You must have watch him play in Europe.

nu huh You also knew Big ben was better then JP thank god seriously your amazing I mean he was in our lap right there at pick.....

What else you Really think DRC is a better Corner than McKelvin? what proof he started double the games a Leodis and got double the picks or was it 4 turnover created by drc compared to 3 in half the Playing time, I know it must have been two TD's for McKelvin to the One for DRC. Well at least you know the Future can you predict the future of every draft pick taken in round one this year please.

Seriously what did you expect everyone to treat you like you should be the next VP of college scouting or something

A well below avg RT?? WTF does JAG mean