Rotoworld reports that JP Losman has received no known

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This report, if indeed true, is likely to change. I never thought that JP was very good, but I do think that he is NFL worthy. Hey, Rob Johnson was given a shot by 3 teams after the Bills as I recall (Bucs, Redskins and Giants).

Imo, JP could perform as a capable backup qb on a very good team. He would probably have to start from ground zero in terms of learning the position. Good or no good, he was certainly not done many favors in terms of his career development from day 1.

Ouch! I almost kind of wish that somebody other than the Bills thought that he was worth something! I mean we did actually traded up and used A 1ST RD PICK ON HIM!!!

JP was a model citizen while in Buffalo. I really rooted for the guy. I feel kind of bad for him now. He had a chance to showcase himself when Trent was out those couple of games and all he did was hammer the last couple of nails in his NFL coffin. He might be picked up by a team after the draft, you never know. I think another thing that ruined him was the switching of offensive coordinators 3 times and the way he was handled when Bledsoe was still here. He was still given every possible opportunity to do something here and could never quite put it all together. The promise of 2006 was quickly forgotten in 2007 by the end of the game against Jacksonville. All he could hear was "Taps" ringing in his ears ever since.

I recall having a debate with another poster on this board that JP Losman would need a stroke of luck to be employed by the NFL after the 2009 season. My thinking was that some team would give him a 1-2 year deal to compete for a backup spot, and he'd stick for a year before eventually losing the backup battle. The other poster said that I was crazy and that JP would be a serviceable backup in the NFL for the next 4-5 years at a minimum ala David Carr.

Well anyhow I forgot who the poster was, but just wanted to point out that you greatly overrated JP's value in this league. I'm not saying you were wrong, yet, after all free agency is not over, but I'm sticking to my claim.

Judging his football talent alone the guy is an absolute bum. His slow decision making won't even allow him to stick as a backup QB in this league, IMO. You will not see or hear about JP after the 2009 football season. Anyone still disagree?

HIS NAME IS J.P. LOSERMAN. Too many f n years of watching Buffalo lose because of such a joke at qb. He sucks. He still sucks. I hope he gets better for his sake to play but i think he needs to move on without football. His skills are not there. im sorry but it was very difficult to watch the bills with loserman back there.

I think the most amazing part of all of this is, J.P.has every bit of talent if not more that Fitzpatrick and is every bit as good as him, and we were willing to give Fitz millions on the first couple days of free agency like he was the second coming of Joe Montana or something. I still say if Losman could ever get under a coach who can get inside his head, he could still have a decent career, because he does have as good of physical tools as almost any QB in the league and more physical tools by a country mile of any QB on the Bills roster. Part of me still thinks that the Mularkey regime really screwed with this guys head, yanking him in and out based on one or two series of downs, and throwing Kelly Holcomb in every other game. I agree with anyone who says he was a disappointment on the field, but he is the only Bills QB since Kelly who actually took to the Western New York area and wasn't headed straight to the airport to leave at the soonest possibility. I am glad he is gone from here, it was obvious it wasn't going to work, but I really hope he gets another chance and actually turns into a serviceable QB in this league.

This report, if indeed true, is likely to change. I never thought that JP was very good, but I do think that he is NFL worthy. Hey, Rob Johnson was given a shot by 3 teams after the Bills as I recall (Bucs, Redskins and Giants).

Imo, JP could perform as a capable backup qb on a very good team. He would probably have to start from ground zero in terms of learning the position. Good or no good, he was certainly not done many favors in terms of his career development from day 1.

Cry me a river......

I think the most amazing part of all of this is, J.P.has every bit of talent if not more that Fitzpatrick and is every bit as good as him, and we were willing to give Fitz millions on the first couple days of free agency like he was the second coming of Joe Montana or something. I still say if Losman could ever get under a coach who can get inside his head, he could still have a decent career, because he does have as good of physical tools as almost any QB in the league and more physical tools by a country mile of any QB on the Bills roster. Part of me still thinks that the Mularkey regime really screwed with this guys head, yanking him in and out based on one or two series of downs, and throwing Kelly Holcomb in every other game. I agree with anyone who says he was a disappointment on the field, but he is the only Bills QB since Kelly who actually took to the Western New York area and wasn't headed straight to the airport to leave at the soonest possibility. I am glad he is gone from here, it was obvious it wasn't going to work, but I really hope he gets another chance and actually turns into a serviceable QB in this league.

Agreed!

There haven't been many QB's signing this year

It took til now for Garcia and Leftwich to sign deals, and they were some of the better ones available right now. Losman will probably get a few offers after the draft or during training camp when some QB's get hurt. He isn't going to get a offer to start, and it will most likely be a spot where he will have to compete for a roster spot. But he will have a job somewhere in the NFL, most likely with a team that thinks they might be able to work with him, unless he gets a better offer from that new league

Losman never had the mental makeup to be an NFL QB. It was obvious when he looked like a pop warner QB at the end of the New England game his rookie year. It is dis-concerting that the guy responsible for college scouting who made huge misses on headcases like Mike Williams and Losman is still in charge.

And you are the type of person who falls in love with guys like Losman, Jeff George, Ryan Leaf, etc. Sure, Losman has all the ability and is a way better athlete than Fitzpatrick. But in the pros, that doesn't matter. Physical talent works in college but you need a hell of a lot more than that to succeed in the pros.

I will say the Losman fans are a tough bunch. no matter how many times Jp screws up, they find an excuse for him. And for all the people who think Mularkey ruined, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, and Matt Ryan think Mularkey's a great coach. it's not a good argument to blame a coach for a player's shortcomings when the only other QB he failed with is Joey Harrington.

And again, i don't hate JP. I wish him the best. his fan club are completely out of their mind but it would be interesting to see if Losman gets another shot. But it was just another terrible, terrible move by a terrible, terrible Gm in TD.

Ouch! I almost kind of wish that somebody other than the Bills thought that he was worth something! I mean we did actually traded up and used A 1ST RD PICK ON HIM!!!

If you remember it was worse than that: the Bills gave up a 2nd and 5th rounder as well as a 1st round pick to Dallas so that they could draft JP Losman.

Wow, its no wonder the Bills haven't seen the playoffs in 9 years.

Tom Donahoe traded a 1st for Bledsoe, drafted McGahee who couldn't run for a year following the draft, and gave up 3 picks for Losman.

Tom Donahoe has been hiding in shame for helping to destroy the Bills.

HIS NAME IS J.P. LOSERMAN. Too many f n years of watching Buffalo lose because of such a joke at qb. He sucks. He still sucks. I hope he gets better for his sake to play but i think he needs to move on without football. His skills are not there. im sorry but it was very difficult to watch the bills with loserman back there.

He has ALREADY made more money than you will in your lifetime.

If you remember it was worse than that: the Bills gave up a 2nd and 5th rounder as well as a 1st round pick to Dallas so that they could draft JP Losman.

Wow, its no wonder the Bills haven't seen the playoffs in 9 years.

Tom Donahoe traded a 1st for Bledsoe, drafted McGahee who couldn't run for a year following the draft, and gave up 3 picks for Losman.

Tom Donahoe has been hiding in shame for helping to destroy the Bills.

Stop, sob,sob, I can't take it! Alright, let me throw more salt on the wound. How about the purging Donahoe did when he took over?! How many of our good players did he waive or just let walk during his tenure? I blame the Pittsburgh Steelers for this! They let him come up here to destroy us.

Figured that since you hadn't posted a link that there was more to the story, and that you had left out something positive about JP in your hurry to blast him.

Surprise, surprise, that was indeed correct.

Here's the story:

----------

"J.P. Losman has received no known interest on the free agent market all offseason.

"There hasn't even been a report of a team speaking to the inconsistent 28-year-old passer. Losman probably isn't in danger of falling out of the league yet, but he's very unlikely to catch on before the draft. "

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

--------------

They didn't say nobody has talked to him or there hasn't been any interest. Just that they didn't know of any.

Their conclusion was that he's unlikely to catch on before the draft. DUH!!!

Losman doesn't want to catch on anywhere before the draft. Why would he? And teams aren't looking to fill in QBs right now. Noticed any QB movement lately? Why would teams that still might or might not draft a QB pick up a QB now? They will wait till after the draft. Why would Losman want to go to a team that might pick up a QB in the draft? He's already gone through that.

Losman will wait till after the draft till the picture clears up, and then will sign with someone.

Typical of a hater to post only the negative part of a story about Losman. Totally typical.

I really hope he signs somewhere else soon.... it'd be a total nightmare if the Bills give him another chance (1 year, vet min.) :lol:

I think it's pretty ironic/funny that the Bills actually have the receivers to fit JPL's "game".

Wonder what he thinks of the TO signing....

And no, I'm not suggesting we resign JPL. While JPL would be more effective, we would need to run more than slants and deep routes to make the playoffs.

he is lazy and has shown no desire to improve in his nfl career.

worst qb to ever get 30+ starts.

I don't think lazy is a fair way to characterize JP. He came back to Buffalo in February, earlier than any other players, and worked his ass off, according to the reports back then.

I guess you just can not fix the mental part of the game, or the Bills coaches don't know how to coach a player to be aware of his surroundings (e.g., a monster LB bearing down on you). Situational awareness...

I think the guy worked very hard, but just does not have the mental side of the game.

I wish him well.

Figured that since you hadn't posted a link that there was more to the story, and that you had left out something positive about JP in your hurry to blast him.

Here's the story:

----------

"J.P. Losman has received no known interest on the free agent market all offseason.

"There hasn't even been a report of a team speaking to the inconsistent 28-year-old passer. Losman probably isn't in danger of falling out of the league yet, but he's very unlikely to catch on before the draft. "

--------------

They didn't say nobody has talked to him or there hasn't been any interest. Just that they didn't know of any.

Losman doesn't want to catch on anywhere before the draft. Why would he? And teams aren't looking to fill in QBs right now. Noticed any QB movement lately? Why would teams that still might or might not draft a QB pick up a QB now? They will wait till after the draft. Why would Losman want to go to a team that might pick up a QB in the draft? He's already gone through that.

Losman will wait till after the draft till the picture clears up, and then will sign with someone.

Typical of a hater to post only the negative part of a story about Losman. Totally typical.

Garcia, Leftwich, Rosenthal and even Boller signed with other teams BEFORE the draft but you want to call me out? Beat it, the proof is in the pudding.

Here's the story:

----------

--------------

Unless you're a proven commodity like a Jason Taylor You DO NOT wait until after the draft to sign a contract. Teams who would maybe consider Losman to fight for a backup spot could very well draft a late round QB, and consequently have no need to sign Losman after the draft. The reason for him waiting it out is NOT because Losman wants to go to a team without a logjam at QB it is simply because no team has an interest in his services.

And I just decided that this will be my last post about JP Losman, time to move on! Keeping my fingers crossed that better QB's lie ahead.

Guest dog14787
Garcia, Leftwich, Rosenthal and even Boller signed with other teams BEFORE the draft but you want to call me out? Beat it, the proof is in the pudding.

Losman really should eat more pudding :lol:

I could have sworn, early on in free agency, Losman visited the Bengals (who signed someone else instead) and there was buzz that the Chiefs might be interested...until they got Cassell. JP will end up on an NFL roster in 2009... I don't think he is very good, maybe the worst in Bills modern history (sorry, Rob Johnson was better, which says a lot), but there are at least three QB spots on every roster...he has to be one of the top 96 available this year. To me, he is the kind of guy, who might, and I say might, do well two or three years down the road, once he settles into the idea that he is a backup. I could see him getting some playing time, because of injuries, and wowing people for a few weeks... remember Todd Collins and his odyssey in Washington? I don't think Losman is talentless, but I think he is a bit of a mental case, and maybe his ego can't handle competition from a challenger.

A big difference is that Fitzpatrick was willing to come in and be a backup to Trent Edwards and not expect to have any opportunity to win the starting job. Fitzpatrick mentioned that his role would be to be a help to Edwards. Also, one thing that was mentioned when Fitzpatrick was signed was that the Bills thought he progressed in his game during last year when he was able to start for many games. The thinking is on the Bills side that he has an upside and they obviously don't feel at least in Buffalo that JP has an upside. I'm sure JP could have benefited from better coaching but the Bills give him quite a few opportunities and tried to work on his game. Sam Wyche, the first year that JP started, spent a huge amount of time with him. I think that JP was never able to read defenses and locked onto a receiver too much was a big undoing for him.

Here in New England, on the Boston sports station, WEEI, even in the early days when JP showed some promise as a starter, the sports hosts, including former Patsie players, never had any respect for JP. One time, when JP's stats looked pretty good, they used him as an example of how stats don't really tell the story of a QB in the NFL, in that JP was not a good QB in their eyes. It used to make me mad because I thought JP was showing some potential and I was hoping they would have to give him some respect as time went on and he proved himself in the NFL. Now I realize that they maybe understood him better than I did as a biased Bills fan. So now I'm thinking is it really inadequate coaching for someone like JP or is it that teams like New England, with great coaching, can see fairly early on that he is not going to be a great NFL QB. He doesn't have the intangibles. Of course Belichek before games against the Bills would always talk up Losman and pretty much the whole Bills team as being great. When you win 16 or 17 games why give any motivation to Bills players by deriding them.

Doug Flutie says "hello" and then flips you the bird! :lol:

I agree with a lot of that.

But, and it's just a feeling I have, I think Fitz will make a better back-up QB than JP. I have a feeling he has the right mentality, and the smarts, to be a good #2.

Guest dog14787
I agree with a lot of that.

But, and it's just a feeling I have, I think Fitz will make a better back-up QB than JP. I have a feeling he has the right mentality, and the smarts, to be a good #2.

He probably eats allot more pudding :lol:

Well said, I agree :lol:

The guy played in one of the worst offenses in the NFL last season and was coached by a rookie podunk OC who basically only called shotgun passing plays.

Sorry, I just can't visualize the Bills becoming an offensive powerhouse with Schonert calling plays,even with TO.

No known interest? What a shock, eh? Well, there's always the Arena League, or that new league allegedly starting up in 4 to 6 cities this fall, right? Good point on the fact Lost-man was a trade-up reach back into the first round pick by that genius Tom Donahoe. Mike Williams and J.P. Lost-man. Nice legacy there, Tom. Thanks for the memories man. :lol:

I recall having a debate with another poster on this board that JP Losman would need a stroke of luck to be employed by the NFL after the 2009 season. My thinking was that some team would give him a 1-2 year deal to compete for a backup spot, and he'd stick for a year before eventually losing the backup battle. The other poster said that I was crazy and that JP would be a serviceable backup in the NFL for the next 4-5 years at a minimum ala David Carr.

Well anyhow I forgot who the poster was, but just wanted to point out that you greatly overrated JP's value in this league. I'm not saying you were wrong, yet, after all free agency is not over, but I'm sticking to my claim.

Judging his football talent alone the guy is an absolute bum. His slow decision making won't even allow him to stick as a backup QB in this league, IMO. You will not see or hear about JP after the 2009 football season. Anyone still disagree?

:lol: A bit too early to gloat, wouldn't you think? If he wants to play, he'll find a spot.

It ain't over 'til it's over.......