OWENS IN BUFFALO

I'd love to know who green-lighted this move. Probably Brandon over DJ's objections.

Wouldn't it be funny to see Owens and Schonert sniping at each other.

TS: "I knew Bill Walsh"

TO: "Who's that? I don't care anyway, I'm a HOF'er!"

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to know who green-lighted this move. Probably Brandon over DJ's objections.

Wouldn't it be funny to see Owens and Schonert sniping at each other.

TS: "I knew Bill Walsh"

TO: "Who's that? I don't care anyway, I'm a HOF'er!"

i guarantee it was Ralphie. Maybe with Jauron's suggestion or blessing.

We HAVE to put together an impenetrable offensive line to allow Trent to hit Evans/Owens deep. It is ever more important to get the Jason Peters deal done.

Screw that lard butt.

Two teams went to the Super Bowl without a pro bowl "farce" LT.

He couldn't get along with McNabb in Philly, couldn't get along with Romo in Dallas and then lead a mutiny along with Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton into Jason Garrett's offense to complain that Witten was getting the ball too much.

This should work out great for Trent's confidence. One thing is guaranteed...for those who like to complain that the Bills don't get enough national press, you won't be complaining this year. :flirt:

Romo and McNabb were all pros with owens

Really conflicted here.

The guy is a rare rare talent...no doubt. But there's the very good chance he misses a few games for some weird sh*t like not going to practice or meetings or ripping the coach in the media or some other thing related to one of his many other pathologies.

And if it's a situation where the Bills are underperforming, and Trent is not progressing, this isn't a guy who's gonna be willing to put any of it on himself and will only make a bad situation worse.

Then again...if it's another bad situation, what difference does it make anyways?

He may be the biggest tool in the league. But he is an amazing talent.

Let's see what happens

Agreed. If we were the Patriots and we had something going, I would say don't mess it up with this guy. We haven't made the playoffs in a decade, and there's not a ton of hope for next year, so why not?? We're all a lot more excited (good or bad) about the Bills than we were a few days after the season when we learned Jauron was to be retained. The guy is a prima donna, but he doesn't break the law (or at least get caught for it), and you can't knock the work ethic. Let's try something new, and if it doesn't work, at least we went down swinging.

I agree wholeheartedly. There's not much to lose here, since if we have another 7-9 season Ralph is going to blow the joint up anyways. I may regret this later, but I support this move and just hope that TO has matured a little bit over the last few years and especially through this process of being cut--time will tell. I also hope he brings a TO-sized chip on his shoulder with him, as that could come in handy next season I suspect. From what I've read, his work ethic is solid (anyone who watched him come back from a severe injury in that Eagles SB can't doubt that) and he hasn't had off the field issues (other than his "accidental overdose") like some NFL players. My only fear is that he'll hinder Trent's development somehow by getting in his face, but hopefully Trent can put on his big boy pants through this process and keep Owens in line even when he's not getting 10 touches a game. I must admit, the thought of Lee and TO out there at the same time makes my mouth water--who are defenses going to double? Mix in Lynch (please make that suspension two games!) and Reed, Hardy and Johnson and new tight end, combined with Trent's extra year of experience and a happy Peters and I think we may have a top offense on our hands.....

WHAT A JOKE?! He tried to ruin Donovan and Romo, what is to say he won't do the same to Trent?

WHAT THE HELL IS OUR ADMINISTRATION THINKING?

I've never been a big fan of either of them. I think they are both over rated. So maybe TO was right. He will definately make things interesting and what have we got to lose???? Another 7-9 season and another year out of the play offs.

Holy >>>>>>>>>, Bills Signed Owens! This makes or breaks us. But it does give us leverage on the rest of FA. After Jones came to town, and walked back to the Bears for the same money we were offering, the Bills actually land a player that can bring more stars to the team. I bet the FA meetings start ending with some signings.

just when you think our FO couldn't be any more retarded!!

Completely agree.

The inmates are running the Asylum.

Does Dick actually think he can pull what Belichick did with Moss?

OMG - Let the circus begin

If TO would just shut up and catch passes I would be fine with the pressure he will take off of Evans.

Please God let TO suffer from some rare illness that prevents him from speaking.

This is seriously unbillievable!!

I havent posted since after the 49ers loss, but this is just too nuts!

I'm not really sure what to think, but I will say that it is nice to at least see the bills step out of their comfort zone and take a risk instead of just being the most conservative team in history. It just seems so crazy to me that he would actually come to buffalo. he must of gotten no good offers from other teams at all. This will make things interesting for sure.

Better get your popcorn ready

WHAT A JOKE?! He tried to ruin Donovan and Romo, what is to say he won't do the same to Trent?

WHAT THE HELL IS OUR ADMINISTRATION THINKING?

Not in the first year, he didn't. TO trouble has always come after a honeymoon period. It's true he turned on Garcia, McNabb and Romo, but in the first year (or two) it was all love...and success.

I'm simply flabbergasted the Bills did this, AND that Owens agreed to come to Buffalo, and the one-year contract. But, he's done so much damage, over the years, and burned so many bridges, the stars just aligned, this year.

A one-year contract is genius, and I don't really expect to see him in Buffalo for longer than that. But, for one year, the younger WRs have a chance to develop and Trent has a big, confident WR to throw to...and maybe teach him about having some balls.

Nobody can say, for sure, if this move will work. TO could get hurt in Training Camp and be out for the year, or he really could be washed-up. But for one year, at $6.5 Million, he could be one of the missing pieces to jump start this team, seemingly stuck a 7-9. If he's a bust, they can actually just cut him, if they want. There are no cap repercussions for future years.

Count me as quite pleased with the move.

HAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

This is a perfect fit. If Lee Evans can't get open, Trent Edwards can't look like a ProBowler, and our Run Game can't shine now, then we know where the problem is. But, if they are everything people say they are, then we will have a solid offensive year.

If DJ is the great coach that the players believe, then we won't hear a peep out of TO. But if he's not, then I can't wait to hear TO start calling out some of these guys.

And lastly, here's your money Ralph. Jersey Sales, Primetime games, Media Coverage.

This is just beautiful. Worst case scenario, we don't make the playoffs and he's gone.

Best case scenario. F*ck you Pats, welcome to the playoffs and resign him in the offseason.

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not in the first year, he didn't. TO trouble has always come after a honeymoon period. It's true he turned on Garcia, McNabb and Romo, but in the first year (or two) it was all love...and success.

I'm simply flabbergasted the Bills did this, AND that Owens agreed to come to Buffalo, and the one-year contract. But, he's done so much damage, over the years, and burned so many bridges, the stars just aligned, this year.

A one-year contract is genius, and I don't really expect to see him in Buffalo for longer than that. But, for one year, the younger WRs have a chance to develop and Trent has a big, confident WR to throw to...and maybe teach him about having some balls.

Nobody can say, for sure, if this move will work. TO could get hurt in Training Camp and be out for the year, or he really could be washed-up. But for one year, at $6.5 Million, he could be one of the missing pieces to jump start this team, seemingly stuck a 7-9. If he's a bust, they can actually just cut him, if they want. There are no cap repercussions for future years.

Count me as quite pleased with the move.

wow Dean.

couldnt agree more :bag:

HAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

This is a perfect fit. If Lee Evans can't get open, Trent Edwards can't look like a ProBowler, and our Run Game can't shine now, then we know where the problem is. But, if they are everything people say they are, then we will have a solid offensive year.

If DJ is the great coach that the players believe, then we won't hear a peep out of TO. But if he's not, then I can't wait to hear TO start calling out some of these guys.

And lastly, here's your money Ralph. Jersey Sales, Primetime games, Media Coverage.

This is just beautiful. Worst case scenario, we don't make the playoffs and he's gone.

Best case scenario. F*ck you Pats, welcome to the playoffs and resign him in the offseason.

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed 100%