Am I the only one

BeastMode54

What are we doing. We cut Dockery and Royal, free up even more cap space that the astronomical amount that we are currently under the cap, and the only news we get today is about Laverneus Coles, Fitzpatrick, and an injured Kendall Simmons. No Birk, Saturday, Housh, Jason Brown, nothing. What are we gonna spend this money on. I for one, was excited for the start of free agency, but I fear we won't do much of anything. I know it's early, but we hanve't even been mentioned as a rumor. The Jets get Bart SCott, the Dolphins get Gibril Wilson, Crowder and maybe Brown, the Pats get Fred Taylor. WHAT ARE WE DOING???

What are we doing. We cut Dockery and Royal, free up even more cap space that the astronomical amount that we are currently under the cap, and the only news we get today is about Laverneus Coles, Fitzpatrick, and an injured Kendall Simmons. No Birk, Saturday, Housh, Jason Brown, nothing. What are we gonna spend this money on. I for one, was excited for the start of free agency, but I fear we won't do much of anything. I know it's early, but we hanve't even been mentioned as a rumor. The Jets get Bart SCott, the Dolphins get Gibril Wilson, Crowder and maybe Brown, the Pats get Fred Taylor. WHAT ARE WE DOING???

Yes because the Bills jumping in on the first day of free agency has worked so well the past few years. They should do it again! :doh:

Just over 11 hours and we haven't signed anyone? DOOOOMMED!

Take a step back and look at the other midnight signings we've made: Jeff Posey, Derrick Dockery. 0-for-2 is you ask me. So what's the big rush?

PTR

I agree. But the facts are is that Buffalo is not an attractive sight: Undertainties about coaching, their dismal performance; questionable reputation(old and cheap) of the owner and the area itself create a tough sell.

Just over 11 hours and we haven't signed anyone? DOOOOMMED!

Take a step back and look at the other midnight signings we've made: Jeff Posey, Derrick Dockery. 0-for-2 is you ask me. So what's the big rush?

PTR

we're not doomed, but I think I've read at least every other team in the NFL at least be mentioned to a FA and we haven't

Patient my friend ... there have been very few signings thus far ... It was not likely that the Bills were going to do any blockbuster moves this year.

Saturday re-signed with the Colts. It's disappointing but there's not much you can do. Jason Brown landed in St. Louis with a huge offer and decided not to leave.

And honestly I'm not convinced Coles would be a terrible signing. He's younger than Housh, and put up bigger career numbers without the advantages of Carson Palmer and Chad Ocho Cinco.

we're not doomed, but I think I've read at least every other team in the NFL at least be mentioned to a FA and we haven't

4 players are visiting today(which oh by the way is the FIRST day of FA) and chances are if things go well, they will be offered contracts.

But instead you want to hear rumors linked to the Bills :doh:

PS Saturday re-signed with the Colts and Brown is reported to be signing with the Rams

I agree. But the facts are is that Buffalo is not an attractive sight: Undertainties about coaching, their dismal performance; questionable reputation(old and cheap) of the owner and the area itself create a tough sell.

Undertainties?

There HAS to be a joke in there somewhere. Hey, Beerball!

GO BILLS!!!

We're not even in the top 10 of available cap space so what are you trying to say? Signing one high-profile FA will likely clean us out since we have to overpay any decent player to play in Buffalo. Look at all the players who will play for New England for the vet minimum! How do you compete with that?

PTR

WE'RE GUNNING FOR THE FIRST OVERALL PICK IN THE 2010 DRAFT! :doh:

You gotta figure if a team doesn't want to resign a player that perhaps there is a reason, with Haynesworth 100 mill in this economy is simply crazy. I'm hoping the Bills have learned to not over pay for some of these FA's. Jeff Saturday resigned with the Colts.

What gives me a spark of hope for this up coming season is the fact that Turk Schonert has stated the offense was stymied last season because they didn't have that receiving threat opposite Lee Evans.The fact that they recognize the problem and will attempt to fix it somehow makes me feel they might actually improve on offense.

I smell what you're cookin'.

I think the Bills BETTER come out of this FA period with AT LEAST 1 decent LB and O-lineman (preferably 2 at each position). I would like to see Winborn and Hangartner signed.

I was also high on Scott, but I didn't know he would cost so much (5yrs $40mil).

It is early, but it's critical that this team at least bring in some decent journeymen as the rest of the division has improved their rosters while Buffalo has only trimmed fat.

Today is the first official day of free agency signings and we do have to be patient like a few have said. I would think that if the Bills cut a few of the guys from last year who were starters, they would have a plan of who they want during this free agency.

Its all going to be OK. We resigned Bruce Hall!! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, with all the extra cap space I would at the VERY LEAST like to see continued efforts to resign Greer. I was really optimistic yesterday that they were gearing up to make some serious moves...maybe they still will?

I dont want to jump the gun on this but that really ugly nasty feeling in the pit of my stomach is starting. I had that same feeling when I found out that we were not going to get rid of DJ because we gave him a contract and didn't want to eat it.

God I hope I am wrong......Kellen Winslow.....he sure would have helped this team. Not just this player but others that I have seen sign (and this is a really light free agent crop this year)

Please dont let Coles leave without a contract.......give bills fans at least some hope that we might be competitive.

We are going to have to overpay to get difference making guys here.

And yes I know it just the wee hours of the first day of free agency

I cannot imagine why anyone would not want Coles on this team.....

It gives you a legit "can get separation" guy who will keep teams from being all over Evans on every play.....

What we need after that is a TE who can catch the underneath stuff that two burners like Evans and Coles will create

Coles isn't really a burner anymore (multiple leg injuries), and he dropped a staggering number (for him) of passes last year. He pretty much cost his team the season when he dropped that bomb from Favre that landed right in his hands with 2 minutes to go against Seattle.

Screw this patience crap, it's not about that. Everyone should be getting pissed. Not because of who has and hasn't signed, it's because of the message still be sent. We blew one of the biggest leads in NFL history. We kept on a losing coach. And now, we are going after guys who may or MAY NOT pan out as starters for us. Once again, Ralph is reminding us how small market we are and why he just can't compete with these other teams. It's total BS.

We have some major needs if we want to step it up to the next level and most of the best players available out there have already scheduled visits and have had offers made to them. No, they aren't signed, but are we banking on them waiting around and hoping to negotiate a visit to us, praying they love the wings and 0-6 division play? No, we are getting the same old crappy treatment as fans. Let's go after some high potential guys, make a high potential team on paper, and then when things go either way on the field, try all over again.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off pissed, I'm really not. I've truly come to expect this from our team. Regardless of what we do in the NFL Draft, which looks like a weaker class to me outside of the top 8 to me everyday, we need a ton of help. We need some established help. And Ralph needs to send the message that he is committed to winning. I don't feel he has done that yet and he is losing the ability to.

And as for the Coles thing, he's an A-hole. I wouldn't want him and I really don't think that receiver is our biggest concern. These guys got open when our QB's weren't scared of life or trying to throw bombs all day. We have enough talent there to score. Upgrades are always welcome, but not me me me Coles.

It was only when TD got here that we started being super active in free agency.

I think the old way of doing things was better, though less exciting: (a) have good drafts; (b) re-sign your best players; and © use free agency to get depth guys.

This is what a lot of successful teams do (e.g., Steelers).

Bills need Coles. Though I can't imagine Parcells letting him go to us. That being said, how are we that !@#$ed regarding cap room? Was it the Evans extension?

Not sure about that, it could be hidden money which only mirrors Evans play at times.