A Few Thoughts About The Game.....

1) Forget stats. I don't remember seeing Marshawn Lynch play a better, more complete game. He picked up blitzes, and was as clutch as a m.f.!!! :thumbsup:

2) It makes no sense to say, or even think this, but anybody who isn't a part of this can kiss my a$$. OK, I'll calm down.

3) Message #1 to McKelvin: Please, go and talk to your coaches before your coverage gives me a heart attack. Thanks.

4) Who here actually believed that Mitchell had it in him to take over a football game? Not me, and I always thought that he was a good player.

5) Tell me, who was the better quarterback out there today, Rivers or Trent? I mean, I'm just :beer: ing asking, ya know? :D:devil:

6) I promise.....this was a season changing, absolutely HUGE win. I hope you read this 1billsfan. We did it Bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

7) Did Jason Peters play well? No, he was flat out dominant. He was crushing, I mean destroying m.f.s, and going upfield to hit someone else. It was truly a thing of beauty to watch. Good for you kid!!!!! :pirate:

8) Melvin who?

9) Message #2 to McKelvin: RUN, don't trot when you catch a kickoff. If you do so, you will outrun people to the endzone with your blazing speed. Thanks again.

10) We deserve this kind of elation folks. We can bicker away, but we are in this together and right now, it is looking ;) ing good. Let's keep it going! :)

11) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McKelvin got burned on the first TD. The second TD he had fine coverage...it was just a perfect throw.

Given that he wasn't chewed up today, I will assume he played a decent game, for a rookie CB. From what I was able to see, he was fine.

What a great overall effort from this team, particularly Trent, the O line, the RBs and the D, in general. Mitchell was a BEAST!

John Guy might deserve a raise, after today.

6) I promise.....this was a season changing, absolutely HUGE win. I hope you read this 1billsfan. We did it Bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

:thumbsup:

HUGE win is right! This is how they used to do it way back when. Right on down to the game clinching defensive plays in the clutch. When was the last time the Buffalo Bills came through in a game that would prove they were the real deal? THAT'S how big this win was! I can't even remember when they won a game like this. Holy crap we've finally got a good team again baby! Let's enjoy this one... ;)

I have better confidence when Jackson runs the ball then Lynch. Minus that Lynch TD he was terrible.

I agree. He really seemed to have a lot of 2 yard runs today. Freddie seems to find more holes and more yardage. I think if they mix them up more it will keep the D off balance as well.

1) Forget stats. I don't remember seeing Marshawn Lynch play a better, more complete game. He picked up blitzes, and was a clutch as a m.f.!!! :thumbsup:

2) It makes no sense to say, or even think this, but anybody who isn't a part of this can kiss my a$$. OK, I'll calm down.

3) Message #1 to McKelvin: Please, go and talk to your coaches before your coverage gives me a heart attack. Thanks.

4) Who here actually believed that Mitchell had it in him to take over a football game? Not me, and I always thought that he was a good player.

5) Tell me, who was the better quarterback out there today, Rivers or Trent? I mean, I'm just :beer: ing asking, ya know? :D:devil:

7) Did Jason Peters play well? No, he was flat out dominant. He was crushing, I mean destroying m.f.s, and going upfield to hit someone else. It was truly a thing of beauty to watch. Good for you kid!!!!! :pirate:

8) Melvin who?

9) Message #2 to McKelvin: RUN, don't trot when you catch a kickoff. If you do so, you will outrun people to the endzone with your blazing speed. Thanks again.

10) We deserve this kind of elation folks. We can bicker away, but we are in this together and right now, it is looking ;) ing good. Let's keep it going! :)

11) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Lynch was great. That TD run shows you what he can do with a little run blocking!

3. So much for all of the draftniks that said Leodis Mckelvin was ready to "step on the field from day 1."

4. HUGE 4th quarter by Mitchell, he practically sealed the game by himself.

5. That was a solid performance by the O. Trent inspires confidence like no other Bills qb since JK.

10. Things did get a little dicey around here after the beat down in the desert but winning cures everything.

I agree. He really seemed to have a lot of 2 yard runs today. Freddie seems to find more holes and more yardage. I think if they mix them up more it will keep the D off balance as well.

Hard for me to say because I had to listen to much of the game today due to the power loss but I do think Buffalo has the best one two punch in Lynch and Jackson as compared to any other team in the league. Freddie may find more holes but Lynch is just tough he is not afraid to hit anyone. Jackson can bang too but his elusiveness and speed is impressive.

Great victory today. :beer:

Hard for me to say because I had to listen to much of the game today due to the power loss but I do think Buffalo has the best one two punch in Lynch and Jackson as compared to any other team in the league. Freddie may find more holes but Lynch is just tough he is not afraid to hit anyone. Jackson can bang too but his elusiveness and speed is impressive.

Great victory today. :beer:

There was a third and short that Jackson didn't make, that Lynch most likely would have (he seems to always get the important 3rd when it is short yardage).

Lynch was 19 for 70 with a 3.7 YPC avg.

Jackson was 9 for 33 with a 3.7 YPC avg.

With that said, Jackson played a great game, but it wasn't as if Lynch stunk.

Three cheers for Trent Edwards on the TD drive that ended with Marshawn's td, Trent ran for 12 yards up the middle on to convert a third down. Pretty ballsy play coming off a concussion.

That's one of the plays that leads me to say this may be Trent's best game ever, in the NFL. He needs to do that more often. He also needs to tuck the ball when he runs. On that play he was carrying the ball way too loosely.

There was a third and short that Jackson didn't make, that Lynch most likely would have (he seems to always get the important 3rd when it is short yardage).

Lynch was 19 for 70 with a 3.7 YPC avg.

Jackson was 9 for 33 with a 3.7 YPC avg.

With that said, Jackson played a great game, but it wasn't as if Lynch stunk.

Don't fix something that isn't broken. When is McGee coming back?

When was the last time the Buffalo Bills came through in a game that would prove they were the real deal?

Exactly right! When was the last time? This was a character game, and we passed with flying colors. Everybody celebrate!

Our division schedule starts next week, and I'm pumped up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will say, i ride bill in nyc for being on peters jock, but i'll give peters on a pat on his giant filthy azz for being very strong today.

i really think aaron has been hurt all year and he's not getting any explosion, so we are smart to sit him till he is good.

i see glimmers in our run game, but we need to really figure it out.

oh, this game showed how much better trent is than jp. the difference between us this week and our last game is shocking. every one who ever chided me for saying trent was better than jp last season is a gutless scumbag who sniffs diapers and smells like ammonia filled pee and cabbage.

ok, not really, but trent really is the best qb four our team.

Jackson does look and play better than Lynch. It's nice to look forward to 3-5 yard gains on first down instead of Lynch going for home-runs with his side-stepping. Lynch leads the NFL (before this game) with the most 10+ yard plays, but that also means he is stuffed trying to side-step his way for a home-run when a single or double works.

Love Lynch's spirit, but I don't think he is going to be the back we need long-term unless he stops side-stepping and just go for yards up the field instead of thinking long-ball. Ryan Howard type runners look great, but cause huge problems. There is no way in Hell that we only score 13 pts in the first half with Trent's performance with Jackson starting.

Not saying Lynch isn't fixable, but he has to stop that side-step crap. This isn't college and it doesn't work anymore unless you are in open-field.

i will say, i ride bill in nyc for being on peters jock, but i'll give peters on a pat on his giant filthy azz for being very strong today.

i really think aaron has been hurt all year and he's not getting any explosion, so we are smart to sit him till he is good.

i see glimmers in our run game, but we need to really figure it out.

oh, this game showed how much better trent is than jp. the difference between us this week and our last game is shocking. every one who ever chided me for saying trent was better than jp last season is a gutless scumbag who sniffs diapers and smells like ammonia filled pee and cabbage.

ok, not really, but trent really is the best qb four our team.

Trent had a GREAT game today, and so did the O line. And I agree he is the better QB for this team

With that said, i don't know why anyone would bring up JP today, as he didn't play and rarely (if ever) had this kind of protection. Can't we just enjoy the great game by TE without bashing JP? I have to say that rings of a "told you so" post, where it has no value.

I thought it was very interesting how many carries Fred Jackson got late in the game. Normally you are going to you best back in crunch time and when you need to run out the clock. Clearly the coaches have a ton of faith in Fred Jackson at this point - perhaps even moreso than Marshawn Lynch.

It also ended up not mattering, but Marshawn Lynch *still* needs to learn how to stay inbounds when we are running out the clock. This has been a significant weakness in Lynch's game from Day 1, IMHO.

With that being said, on the 3rd and 1, I wanted to Bills to through the ball in this particular game in the particular situation. Failing that, I absolutely agree that you gotta give the ball to Lynch to try and get the super-tough yard. He's got that "Beast Mode" for a reason...

JDG

Trent had a GREAT game today, and so did the O line. And I agree he is the better QB for this team

With that said, i don't know why anyone would bring up JP today, as he didn't play and rarely (if ever) had this kind of protection. Can't we just enjoy the great game by TE without bashing JP? I have to say that rings of a "told you so" post, where it has no value.

nope.

jp was running the team last game, and this game it is trent, so the comparison is valid and topical.

3. So much for all of the draftniks that said Leodis Mckelvin was ready to "step on the field from day 1."

That's the second swipe at McKelvin in this thread. Other than the one TD pass, where he was clearly beaten, I can't find any major flaws in his game today. Can you tell me where he disappointed you?

Here's the play-by-play, if you need help:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?g...p;override=true

Can't we just enjoy the great game by TE without bashing JP?

Lol... Thats true, but at the same time, this win never would have happened with JP in there. I don't know anyone who could contest that. There is a reason why he is a backup and why he will continue to be a backup.

leodis had a good rookie trial by fire game. effed up a bit, but the experience will help him in the long run.

so was youboty down? dang, number 1 o in the nfl, and we were down our first and 3rd CBs, best pass rusher, and still played very well?

noice

That's the second swipe at McKelvin in this thread. Other than the one TD pass, where he was clearly beaten, I can't find any major flaws in his game today. Can you tell me where he disappointed you?

If you mean me, I hardly consider what I said to be taking a "swipe" at McKelvin. Rookie corners are going to make more mistakes than seasoned vets. This is a given and I understand, but it does little for my blood pressure.

Just typical Buffalo fans looking for anything negative in a big win. Should be used to it now , Deano.

I thought it was very interesting how many carries Fred Jackson got late in the game. Normally you are going to you best back in crunch time and when you need to run out the clock. Clearly the coaches have a ton of faith in Fred Jackson at this point - perhaps even moreso than Marshawn Lynch.

It also ended up not mattering, but Marshawn Lynch *still* needs to learn how to stay inbounds when we are running out the clock. This has been a significant weakness in Lynch's game from Day 1, IMHO.

With that being said, on the 3rd and 1, I wanted to Bills to through the ball in this particular game in the particular situation. Failing that, I absolutely agree that you gotta give the ball to Lynch to try and get the super-tough yard. He's got that "Beast Mode" for a reason...

JDG

Marshawn apparently rolled his ankle in the drive previous and they went with Jackson as a precautionary measure and because he is a very capable back himself.

As for the "run out of bounds", the clock kept moving so no harm no foul.

Or are we now onto running Marshawn out of town now? Can't we as fans just be f#cking happy that we're 5 and 1 and not be b!tching about a guy who our own coach says "has the most heart he's ever seen in a player"?

F#CK.

If you mean me, I hardly consider what I said to be taking a "swipe" at McKelvin. Rookie corners are going to make more mistakes than seasoned vets. This is a given and I understand, but it does little for my blood pressure.

You took the first, not the second. McKelvin got badly burnt once, from what I saw/read. His coverage on the second TD was quite good, actually. I took away some confidence in him, today. As you said, rookie CBs tend to make mistakes. As he played all game, against a good QB, and didn't get more chewed up, tells me something positive about his overall play, today.

Of course, I want McGee to return ASAP.

5. That was a solid performance by the O. Trent inspires confidence like no other Bills qb since JK.

I looked up the career stats for Kelly and for Trent. Kelly averaged 7.4 yards per pass attempt, and had a 1.4-to-1 TD-INT ratio. This season, Trent Edwards is averaging 7.8 yards per pass attempt, and has a 2-to-1 TD-INT ratio. Granted, we're just talking about a five game stretch here. But based on the numbers Edwards has put up in those five games, and on how he's looked while doing it, he clearly has the potential to seriously challenge Kelly's status as the best Bills' QB ever.

nope.

jp was running the team last game, and this game it is trent, so the comparison is valid and topical.

Trent also got support from the D today.

Look, I'd agree with you that Edwards instills confidence in a way that JP does not just now. But who out there is clamoring for JP to be starting? The constant digs at JP after EVERY game whether he plays or not are extremely tiresome.

I looked up the career stats for Kelly and for Trent. Kelly averaged 7.4 yards per pass attempt, and had a 1.4-to-1 TD-INT ratio. This season, Trent Edwards is averaging 7.8 yards per pass attempt, and has a 2-to-1 TD-INT ratio. Granted, we're just talking about a five game stretch here. But based on the numbers Edwards has put up in those five games, and on how he's looked while doing it, he clearly has the potential to seriously challenge Kelly's status as the best Bills' QB ever.

I like it. Trent RULES. It's about freakin' time this franchise had a franchise QB!

Trent also got support from the D today.

Look, I'd agree with you that Edwards instills confidence in a way that JP does not just now. But who out there is clamoring for JP to be starting? The constant digs at JP after EVERY game whether he plays or not are extremely tiresome.

Pretty much my point, MRW.

Trent started against Arizona. Trent was knocked out due to terrible O line play (and a poor decision to take the hit). That bad line play continued all game, yet the offense with JP (who played the rest of the game) managed to score 17 points. That was enough to win TODAY, against a much better offense. The O line and the D stunk...THAT'S why the Bills lost the last game.

But, can't we enjoy a win, and a great performance by most of the Bills units, without finding a way to drag JP into the conversation?