A Few Thoughts About The Game.....

That's one of the plays that leads me to say this may be Trent's best game ever, in the NFL. He needs to do that more often. He also needs to tuck the ball when he runs. On that play he was carrying the ball way too loosely.

Actually - I thought he made a great play with the ball - when he was going down he felt someone coming from his right, and actually trasnferred the ball over to his left hand before he hit the ground.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked up the career stats for Kelly and for Trent. Kelly averaged 7.4 yards per pass attempt, and had a 1.4-to-1 TD-INT ratio. This season, Trent Edwards is averaging 7.8 yards per pass attempt, and has a 2-to-1 TD-INT ratio. Granted, we're just talking about a five game stretch here. But based on the numbers Edwards has put up in those five games, and on how he's looked while doing it, he clearly has the potential to seriously challenge Kelly's status as the best Bills' QB ever.

Even though it is only 5 games for Trent, those stats are very encouraging. It just seems that no matter where the Bills begin their drive or what the game situation is, you feel that Trent can move the team and put points on the board. This guy has taken big strides from last season. He's done a lot to disprove the knocks on him which were... He's captain check down, he can't score in the red zone, and he can't complete the long ball. It's especially impressive that he had a performance like today coming off of a concussion.

Actually - I thought he made a great play with the ball - when he was going down he felt someone coming from his right, and actually trasnferred the ball over to his left hand before he hit the ground.

Yes he did. i give him credit for that. But, he shouldn't be running with the ball out there like that. No harm, no foul, today. He seems like a really quick study, so I expect he will tuck that ball from the get-go, next time.

I looked up the career stats for Kelly and for Trent. Kelly averaged 7.4 yards per pass attempt, and had a 1.4-to-1 TD-INT ratio. This season, Trent Edwards is averaging 7.8 yards per pass attempt, and has a 2-to-1 TD-INT ratio. Granted, we're just talking about a five game stretch here. But based on the numbers Edwards has put up in those five games, and on how he's looked while doing it, he clearly has the potential to seriously challenge Kelly's status as the best Bills' QB ever.

Holy crap, lets get to the playoffs before comparing a second year player to the 7th first ballot hall of fame quarterback ever. Come on. I think Trent is a breath of fresh air after the compost that has circulated through the QB position since Jimbo but I guess "potential" is the operative word here. Plus, Jimbo did so much more for the city of Buffalo than just play QB for the Bills. I'm very happy with Trent's development so far and think we are in good shape for the future if he can stay healthy.

I just want to see him break a cornerback's leg after he throws a pick like Jimbo did :beer:

RTB

We still haven't beaten a winnig team ;)

1) Forget stats. I don't remember seeing Marshawn Lynch play a better, more complete game. He picked up blitzes, and was as clutch as a m.f.!!! :thumbsup:

2) It makes no sense to say, or even think this, but anybody who isn't a part of this can kiss my a$$. OK, I'll calm down.

3) Message #1 to McKelvin: Please, go and talk to your coaches before your coverage gives me a heart attack. Thanks.

4) Who here actually believed that Mitchell had it in him to take over a football game? Not me, and I always thought that he was a good player.

5) Tell me, who was the better quarterback out there today, Rivers or Trent? I mean, I'm just :beer: ing asking, ya know? :D:devil:

6) I promise.....this was a season changing, absolutely HUGE win. I hope you read this 1billsfan. We did it Bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

7) Did Jason Peters play well? No, he was flat out dominant. He was crushing, I mean destroying m.f.s, and going upfield to hit someone else. It was truly a thing of beauty to watch. Good for you kid!!!!! :pirate:

8) Melvin who?

9) Message #2 to McKelvin: RUN, don't trot when you catch a kickoff. If you do so, you will outrun people to the endzone with your blazing speed. Thanks again.

10) We deserve this kind of elation folks. We can bicker away, but we are in this together and right now, it is looking ;) ing good. Let's keep it going! :)

11) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Forget stats. I don't remember seeing Marshawn Lynch play a better, more complete game. He picked up blitzes, and was as clutch as a m.f.!!! :pirate:

2) It makes no sense to say, or even think this, but anybody who isn't a part of this can kiss my a$$. OK, I'll calm down.

3) Message #1 to McKelvin: Please, go and talk to your coaches before your coverage gives me a heart attack. Thanks.

4) Who here actually believed that Mitchell had it in him to take over a football game? Not me, and I always thought that he was a good player.

5) Tell me, who was the better quarterback out there today, Rivers or Trent? I mean, I'm just ;) ing asking, ya know? ;):D

6) I promise.....this was a season changing, absolutely HUGE win. I hope you read this 1billsfan. We did it Bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

7) Did Jason Peters play well? No, he was flat out dominant. He was crushing, I mean destroying m.f.s, and going upfield to hit someone else. It was truly a thing of beauty to watch. Good for you kid!!!!! :devil:

8) Melvin who?

9) Message #2 to McKelvin: RUN, don't trot when you catch a kickoff. If you do so, you will outrun people to the endzone with your blazing speed. Thanks again.

10) We deserve this kind of elation folks. We can bicker away, but we are in this together and right now, it is looking :thumbsup: ing good. Let's keep it going! :)

11) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. But I might add:

12) Evans was finally utilized in the short passing game, and it paid dividends. Imagine that!

13) Whitner, you only had one tackle and man it was HUGE! You made your presence felt today. Good job.

14) You're talking about a secondary that was missing a starting safety and corner, as well as a nickel corner, that went up against the league's top pass attack, and held it to only 14 points, which actually should of been less (McKelvin). :beer::beer:

And like you said, McKelvin's coverage deficiencies are definately heart attack inducing.

i will say, i ride bill in nyc for being on peters jock, but i'll give peters on a pat on his giant filthy azz for being very strong today.

i really think aaron has been hurt all year and he's not getting any explosion, so we are smart to sit him till he is good.

i see glimmers in our run game, but we need to really figure it out.

oh, this game showed how much better trent is than jp. the difference between us this week and our last game is shocking. every one who ever chided me for saying trent was better than jp last season is a gutless scumbag who sniffs diapers and smells like ammonia filled pee and cabbage.

ok, not really, but trent really is the best qb four our team.

I see you have a newborn .... conggrats!

Agreed. But I might add:

12) Evans was finally utilized in the short passing game, and it paid dividends. Imagine that!

13) Whitner, you only had one tackle and man it was HUGE! You made your presence felt today. Good job.

14) You're talking about a secondary that was missing a starting safety and corner, as well as a nickel corner, that went up against the league's top pass attack, and held it to only 14 points, which actually should of been less (McKelvin). :beer:;)

And like you said, McKelvin's coverage deficiencies are definately heart attack inducing.

Swipe 3, you're out!!! :thumbsup:

Trent also got support from the D today.

Look, I'd agree with you that Edwards instills confidence in a way that JP does not just now. But who out there is clamoring for JP to be starting? The constant digs at JP after EVERY game whether he plays or not are extremely tiresome.

clamoring for jp to start? what on earth does that have to do with my post?

jp played for almost all of the last game, this game trent played. my comment about the game contrasts jp's horrible play vs trent's great play -- it is completely topical and appropriate for a discussion about the game.

i don't care what other people bring up, my comment was good.

In case any of you over in Western New York heard the faint sound of a guy yelling and whooping when the final seconds ticked down, that was me out in my yard in New Hampshire. The neighbors think I'm nuts. They're Pats* fans...$* 'em.

Whooping in Seattle, as well!

Even though it is only 5 games for Trent, those stats are very encouraging. It just seems that no matter where the Bills begin their drive or what the game situation is, you feel that Trent can move the team and put points on the board. This guy has taken big strides from last season. He's done a lot to disprove the knocks on him which were... He's captain check down, he can't score in the red zone, and he can't complete the long ball. It's especially impressive that he had a performance like today coming off of a concussion.

I completely agree with what you've written. Take the Oakland game. When the Bills' defense gave up that 78 yard TD pass, my reaction was, that play didn't matter. I have absolute confidence that Trent will drive down the field, and that he'll score a TD to balance out the one the Raiders just got. There isn't a doubt in my mind that the Bills will win this game.

If the offensive line can pass protect like it did today, and if we avoid too many run-run-pass play calls, this Bills' offense can give us an opportunity to beat any given team we might face.

Marshawn apparently rolled his ankle in the drive previous and they went with Jackson as a precautionary measure and because he is a very capable back himself.

As for the "run out of bounds", the clock kept moving so no harm no foul.

Actually not. Lynch's run out-of-bounds at 4:57 in the fourth quarter stopped the clock. Fortunately we won anyways - but again, this has been a reoccurring problem for Lynch in his career.

Or are we now onto running Marshawn out of town now? Can't we as fans just be f#cking happy that we're 5 and 1 and not be b!tching about a guy who our own coach says "has the most heart he's ever seen in a player"?

Running out of town? I just criticized Jauron for giving a certain critical carry to Jackson instead of Lynch....

JDG

clamoring for jp to start? what on earth does that have to do with my post?

jp played for almost all of the last game, this game trent played. my comment about the game contrasts jp's horrible play vs trent's great play -- it is completely topical and appropriate for a discussion about the game.

i don't care what other people bring up, my comment was good.

No. Really, it wasn't. You're the one who brought up JP, no one else mentioned him, and he didn't play this week. So, relevance to this game - zero.