A Few Thoughts About The Game.....

Trent had a GREAT game today, and so did the O line. And I agree he is the better QB for this teamWith that said, i don't know why anyone would bring up JP today, as he didn't play and rarely (if ever) had this kind of protection. Can't we just enjoy the great game by TE without bashing JP? I have to say that rings of a "told you so" post, where it has no value.

He is the better QB for any team Deano.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dean: I certainly don't think McKelvin is a poor player. In fact, I'm very optimistic. It's just that after watching football all my life, I can say with some certainty that rookie CBs are as likely to be exploited as the sun rising in the a.m. It's just a tough position to learn. Both TDs came against him, and the three other throws into the endzone (the offensive PI play, the coverage incompletion against Gates before the TD to Jackson, and the INT when the coverage on Gates (not by Mitchell) was blanket like) were against people not named Leodis McKelvin. I think the proper thing to do is tip our hats to the guys covering and accept that a rookie CB is going to struggle.

I asked you this question last week & you did not answer me. I will ask it again. Do yuo still think we can not win the division & are JUST going to be battling for a wild card?

That's one of the plays that leads me to say this may be Trent's best game ever, in the NFL. He needs to do that more often. He also needs to tuck the ball when he runs. On that play he was carrying the ball way too loosely.

I was just glad to see him slide, not run until somebody hit him

Anyone else think Sullivan's comparison of Mitchell to Talley is spot-on? Talley rarely *dominated* games, but he seemed to have a sense for the dramatic and often came up with unbelievable, game-changing plays in key moments, much like Mitchell did yesterday (and last year, with the Giants, in their game in Buffalo).

I asked you this question last week & you did not answer me. I will ask it again. Do yuo still think we can not win the division & are JUST going to be battling for a wild card?

Definitely a big win for the Bills, and one I didn't expect given the injuries on defense and the quality of the opponent. I'm becoming cautiously optimistic about the division, but it's still way too early to tell. Go Broncos!!!!!!!

P.S. When I responded last week, the Pats hadn't played the Chargers. That was an eye opener. Right now, Cassell isn't any good at all. That's not to say he won't improve, but right now, he's a real weak spot at the game's most important position.

Great teams actually step up, when one of their leaders, and best players gets hurt. If it's true that the Bills don't play well with JP under center, it speaks more to the character of the team, than to JP, IMO. If this team is going to make it to the first tier of NFL teams, they will need to play strong and hard regardless of who is at QB, or RB, or CB, etc.

Good point - remember the Comeback?

I agree. The cheatriots turn my stomach, but you know something? A Denver conference loss would also be sweet. And, we are more than capable of beating the snot out of NE ourselves.

Can you recall the last time we were able to think this way? :angry:

Barely. If the Pat* lose, all other AFC East teams will have lost a conference game this week, while we won one.

I'm starting to get a feelin'.. :thumbsup: