Peters now #1 priority..

Tcali

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll let him slide till after the bye. Even if he has a poor game against AZ, you can still chalk that up to rust and not being on the same page as the rest of the line. Hell, it takes a full 4 game preseason game with 3 weeks or so of practice before the first preseason game for the line to get together. I'll give Jason Peters 5 games and a bye week. If Lynch doesn't get 100 yards against the chargers, primarily running left, i'd say screw you and let him rot with his right tackle contract. If he walks the walk, then hopefully the bills will prioritize him #2 right behind Greer this offseason.

I'll let him slide till after the bye. Even if he has a poor game against AZ, you can still chalk that up to rust and not being on the same page as the rest of the line. Hell, it takes a full 4 game preseason game with 3 weeks or so of practice before the first preseason game for the line to get together. I'll give Jason Peters 5 games and a bye week. If Lynch doesn't get 100 yards against the chargers, primarily running left, i'd say screw you and let him rot with his right tackle contract. If he walks the walk, then hopefully the bills will prioritize him #2 right behind Greer this offseason.

he better make the biggest turnaround in history then....-and even then----why rush??? he has zero leverage

Yes Peters has had some bad plays, one leading to a sack and fumble, but I'd take Dick Jauron and the Buffalo Bills coaching staffs word that they are impressed by his play. He has made some mistakes, but in Dick Jaurons post game conference he said he was "amazed" at how well Peters has played after missing all that time. We all sh-- on the bad plays but he hasn't been horrible at all. I clearly remember him paving the way for Marshawn to get a TD in the Oakland game

Yes Peters has had some bad plays, one leading to a sack and fumble, but I'd take Dick Jauron and the Buffalo Bills coaching staffs word that they are impressed by his play. He has made some mistakes, but in Dick Jaurons post game conference he said he was "amazed" at how well Peters has played after missing all that time. We all sh-- on the bad plays but he hasn't been horrible at all. I clearly remember him paving the way for Marshawn to get a TD in the Oakland game

ok---but the guy has 3 yrs left and probbly wants 8 million per....lets wait til his play at least gets to the above average level..lol

if i were the FO, i would wait to see if he showed up for next year's OTAs and training camp before I started any talks at all.

no work-y, no talk-y

:worthy::lol:

That sht just cracked me up thinking about American Pie 3 when Jim wants Stiffler to teach him how to dance.

"No p-ssy, no dancing"

I think Peters really screwed himself on this. He was getting bad press when he held out with 3 years left and now he's getting more bad press because of horrible play.

All deserved! IMO, we don't offer him squat this year unless he makes the PB. BTW, I'd still love to know what idiot(s) thought it would be ok to rush him into action.

I agree that they should give him a new deal if he makes a dramatic turnaround this year and makes All-Pro again. Failing that, wait until training camp next year, after he's shown-up to all the OTA's, minicamps.

Think any consideration is being given to Greer, or does the past draft indicate that he moves on?

I don't think so. We have 5 CB's right now at various levels of development. I say do whatever we can to keep them together (add our safeties to that) as long as it's feasible. Greer isn't going to brake the bank, he should be kept.

Agreed, I just hope Trent doesn't get knocked out for the season before then.

Don't you mean 2 sacks that led to fumbles? Getting blown out of position on plays, and allowing pressure from his side constantly?

Some mistakes? The guy looks average at best and Chambers looks better, not because of talent, but because of effort and stamina. You are giving Peters credit based on a pro-bowl appearance, and you haven't been studying his play. I have and he's a joke right now. He's actually below average right now.

I just think that Peters made himself look like total @hit with his holdout ESPECIALLY after what happened today.....

The bills just told the world that if you are a team guy who shows up for work and performs you will get your money......they said it and they proved it today with Lee Evans.....

Jason Peters is not playing as well as he was last year due to his holdout.....and is looking like a goof

Well our "large eared Keebler elf" just coughed up some large $$ on someone who would have commanded much more come April. Let's keep buying merchandice on his website (bills.com) and hope he has his health and wants to spend some more $$ on a TE or MLB come April 09.

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is the perfect time to re-work his deal ? If the doc has cleared him, we know that he can play well and has low leverage right now.

My guess is that he and his agent still belive he is the best young left tackle in football and they will attempt to negotiate as such.

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is the perfect time to re-work his deal ? If the doc has cleared him, we know that he can play well and has low leverage right now.

Peters won't sign cheap deal right now cause he knows that he can be better. You probably won't here a peep from him and his agent until he gets back to the way he played last year.

Ok.....He screwed himself. Remember how well he has played? Give him some time to get his **it together. He is young and dumb just like a lot of us used to be. I think he'll bounce back. As for his contract....perhaps he is beginning to see just how lucky he really is to be there. I think he's descovering that you have earn your money...a concept young people nowadays tend to have trouble understanding. He'll come around.

When you get the brakes on your car fixed, do you want to take it back three times so that the mechanic has time to get his **it together?

When you go out to eat, are you willing to send your food back two or three times so that the cook has time to get his **it together?

We all know that you don't. None of us do. If we aren't going to be patient with these guys, then why on earth should we be patient with Jason Peters? There are hundreds of guys who would give anything to have his roster spot for a lot less dough. Probably all but one or two couldn't carry his jock, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't owe the Bills and we fans his best efforts.

An NFL career is short and most guys don't get second chances, especially guys who get paid what he thinks he is worth. In the what have you done for me lately world of the NFL he hasn't done enough. Before free agency, this may have been acceptable, but not anymore.

The manchild needs to stop listening to all of those people who are telling him how great he is (or in this case was) and get off his bulbous butt and show us that he still is great. If he can't or won't then next year I hope he gets a chance to show a new team and group of fans what he is made of.

"amazed" at how bad it was?

I think the Bills will talk extension with Peters now that he is with the team (as promised). My guess is, Peters doesn't want to actively start those talks until he picks up his level of play.

Provided he returns to form, this season, I wouldn't be surprised to see Peters with a nice shiny new deal before the start of OTA's next year.

WTF is wrong with all of you? 'PayMe Peters' is the best and most important guy on the team. Kiss the season goodbye if Russ doesn't cave and break the bank for Almighty Jason. Edwards will get killed if FatBoy isn't in the lineup. Our season is in the toilet without Peters. :unsure:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :lol:

WTF is wrong with all of you? 'PayMe Peters' is the best and most important guy on the team. Kiss the season goodbye if Russ doesn't cave and break the bank for Almighty Jason. Edwards will get killed if FatBoy isn't in the lineup. Our season is in the toilet without Peters. :unsure:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :lol:

You aren't totally wrong, even though you try to be. As the LT, Peters is one of the most important players on the team. When performing at Pro Bowl level, he is also one of the best players on the team. Right now, due to a poor business strategy, he is behind the curve, and is playing below his usual level. If he doesn't improve, and return to his previous level of play, he shouldn't get any more $ from the Bills.

A more likely scenario, IMO, is his play will improve and he will, once again, become one of the Bills' best and most important players. When that happens, the Bills are likely to pay him, accordingly.

A real Bills fan should be happy about that, if and when it happens.

In fact, if one were to dig through the archives of TSW, I think one would find a plethora of posts from "The Senator" singing the praises of Jason Peters. One bad business decision later, The Senator now dubs him "a bum" (my interpretation of The Sen's characterizations). Interesting, no?

Peters should fire his current agent and hire Evan's agent. He should then not say a peep until the season is over.

Do you think there is any reason to believe he is still injured and this is why his play is so poor? Do you want to sign someone like this?