TRENT EDWARDS

RayFinkle

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a SECOND year QB. Unreal....the sky is the limit for this kid. Feels good to finally have a QB who puts you in position to win the game no matter the odds. This kid is unreal.

IS THERE ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS JP AS STARTER ANYMORE??? IF YOU DO YOU'RE BLIND!!!

Edit: Added the AS STARTER to make it clearer.

Are you friggin kidding me!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!! If we can win games when we shoot ourselves in the foot..........get screwed by the refs.......and have crap coaching all game long...............

SUPER BOWL BABY!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOO WHOOOOO!!!!!

Trent is amazing......here we come NFL....watch out.

Maybe Dick Jauron will become smarter and no longer defer to the second half like he did today. I thought that bogus move sent a bad "2007, we don't trust you" vibe to the offense. It took them three quarters to shake it off, but when they did, kaboom!

I didn't buy into Trent until after the Pitt preseason game this year, all of you Edwards folks were right. Jeez were you right! Edwards in that fourth quarter was simply amazing! Awesome feeling to be a Bills fan today.

This is a SECOND year QB. Unreal....the sky is the limit for this kid. Feels good to finally have a QB who puts you in position to win the game no matter the odds. This kid is unreal.

Remember the attitude of Kelly, Reich & company....where they just refused to lose? Did we just see that again today?

IS THERE ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS JP ANYMORE??? IF YOU DO YOU'RE BLIND!!!

Of course I support JP. He is a member of the Bills. He may have to play, at some point in time this year (you never know)?

You don't support the players on the Bills?

Shame on you!

Trent is really special. He owns the 4th quarter. That 96 yard drive was one of the best I have ever seen- and against a very tough Raiders secondary. Wow! Even JP has to be impressed

He is a special Kid...To have that kind of poise in the 4th Quarter two weeks in a row...For a 2nd Year Player?...Finally We found one!!!

Oh and Thanks to the Scouting Department! 3rd round? Are You kidding Me?

Nice... :D

Maybe Dick Jauron will become smarter and no longer defer to the second half like he did today. I thought that bogus move sent a bad "2007, we don't trust you" vibe to the offense. It took them three quarters to shake it off, but when they did, kaboom!

Deferring is the smart move. It gives you the chance of getting an extra possession over the course of the game. It’s also a smart move in terms of momentum in my book as the D is the stronger untit of the two. Let them come out and set the tone for the Bills.

Did everyone else see the light come on for edwards after that pick ?

Great win -- trent needs to be more consistent, but i felt this was a really big game for him. He struggled and was inaccurate, but was able to overcome it. It didn't help that the Raiders inexplicably went away from man to man and went to a soft zone and stopped blitzing. That was a stupid move, and directly led to edwards feeling more comfortable.

After that pick, it seemed like he got pissed off, and the last bit of tentativeness went out of his mind, and the light came on for him. He went from feeling his way thru it and learning to taking command and coming of age.

The Bills thought they could show up on this one, and boy were they wrong.

Why on earth did the Raiders have Hall playing 15 yards off? Credit Trent for finding the weakness in that secondary and hitting it over and over, right on the money every time. Also credit Josh and Marshawn for being as flawless as Trent was on that last drive.

Guest dog14787
Of course I support JP. He is a member of the Bills. He may have to play, at some point in time this year (you never know)?

You don't support the players on the Bills?

Shame on you!

TE showed G-R-I-T today, he also showed why we need JP, TE is fearless under pressure, but he's not superman.

Or is he :D

PLEASE STOP WITH THIS CRAP OKAY?

Many of us feel (and will always feel) that JP got a bad rap here. He never got a fair shot, and I personally feel he will be a very good QB in this league...

Many of us feel the Coaching staff mishandled the QB situation last year by not picking one guy and sticking with him.

Many of us (even those in the above categories) think that Trent Edwards is a Special Quarterback who SHOULD be our starter. This doesnt mean that we dont support JP and think that given an opportunity he might not be a pro-bowl caliber player himself.

Bottom line is, there are few people who TODAY think JP should be the starter. But there are many people (myself included) who think he will someday be a very good QB (Minnesota...?)

So get over yourself...JP is a Bill and therefore i DO support him 100%. And if TE gets hurt...Im very happy knowing JP will get another shot to show what he can do.

Why on earth did the Raiders have Hall playing 15 yards off? Credit Trent for finding the weakness in that secondary and hitting it over and over, right on the money every time. Also credit Josh and Marshawn for being as flawless as Trent was on that last drive.

Damn right. The entire offense was pretty ineffective for 3 quarters. Trent played rather poorly, the playcalling was average, the O-Line was stinking it up...you name it.

This was a total offensive comeback. Trent was stupendous in the 4th Q. So was the O-Line, Marshawn was the beast, and Reed showed just ONE of the reasons why he is so valuable to the team. He is open, even if it doesn't look like he has separation.

The better question is why didn't they go for 2?

Pretty damn impressive 4th quarter. In a game we should have lost, Trent and the Bills found a way to pull it together and get a win. Just incredible.

I, literally, sat there watching for several minutes to make sure it really happened. I'm still not sure I just saw the Bills do that. Great job by Trent and the rest of the team.

Many of us feel (and will always feel) that JP got a bad rap here. He never got a fair shot, and I personally feel he will be a very good QB in this league...

Many of us feel the Coaching staff mishandled the QB situation last year by not picking one guy and sticking with him.

Many of us (even those in the above categories) think that Trent Edwards is a Special Quarterback who SHOULD be our starter. This doesnt mean that we dont support JP and think that given an opportunity he might not be a pro-bowl caliber player himself.

Bottom line is, there are few people who TODAY think JP should be the starter. But there are many people (myself included) who think he will someday be a very good QB (Minnesota...?)

So get over yourself...JP is a Bill and therefore i DO support him 100%. And if TE gets hurt...Im very happy knowing JP will get another shot to show what he can do.

But, we have to admit that Edwards is the better player w/o doubt...

Deferring is the smart move. It gives you the chance of getting an extra possession over the course of the game. It’s also a smart move in terms of momentum in my book as the D is the stronger untit of the two. Let them come out and set the tone for the Bills.

It was Dick trying like hell to be the old Dick again. Football is as much a psychological game as it is a physical game. With that decision, Jauron sent a message to his offense that he didn't trust them to put seven on the board out of the gate. This was clearly not the same offense for the first three quarters as it was the last one. I truly believe that dumb decision sent a "negative" tone that wasn't broken until Trent busted loose. I also think it may have impacted the kick coverage unit since they looked totally confused on the first play of the game. I hope Jauron has learned this valuable lesson and will only defer when weather conditions dictate it is the smart move. By the way, do you really believe that the defense is the strongest unit? That may not be so after today. All three units look strong on this team.

Good post. I still like JP but the more I see of Trent the more I am liking what I see. I wasn't in the "OMG Trent is AWESOME" camp some set up last year, but he is winning me over.

I'm just not sure why some can't just celebrate Trent's play today without throwing the other guy, who didn't play a single down, under the bus. Trent is showing great signs of coming of age and turning into a great QB. JP has been a good teammate, knows the system and is ready to play if Trent gets hurt. What more can you ask of the backup?

I still support JP, and I support TE.

TE is the starter, deservedly so, but if we ever need to go to JP this year, I'll be

rooting for him as I have for TE.