TRENT EDWARDS

RayFinkle

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But, we have to admit that Edwards is the better player w/o doubt...

I have to admit that Trent Edwards is the better quarterback for the Buffalo Bills. He keeps playing like this, he is a Pro-Bowl (and possible HOF) quarterback. Thats jumping the gun, but what he did today is what Elway, Favre, Marino, Kelly, etc have done 1000 times. It would be ludicrous to suggest JP start on this team.

What I have a hard problem doing is saying that, given the right opportunity, JP might not also be that Pro-Bowl (and possible HOF) quarterback. So to compare the two and say who will have a better career is a bit crazy...

In my opinion, 20 years from now, we will be saying "wow, they had 2 great QBs on the roster at the same time". Thats not a problem. And thats not to say that MAYBE Losman might not turn out even better than trent...just not on the Bills.

Trent is the Guy. Lets stop the nonsense and JP bashing. We're 3-0. 5-0 is a realistic possibility. 12-13 wins is a realistic possibility. Playoffs are more than likely. We ARE a top team in the AFC.

Next...ST LOUIS....

It was Dick trying like hell to be the old Dick again. Football is as much a psychological game as it is a physical game. With that decision, Jauron sent a message to his offense that he didn't trust them to put seven on the board out of the gate. This was clearly not the same offense for the first three quarters as it was the last one. I truly believe that dumb decision sent a "negative" tone that wasn't broken until Trent busted loose. I also think it may have impacted the kick coverage unit since they looked totally confused on the first play of the game. I hope Jauron has learned this valuable lesson and will only defer when weather conditions dictate it is the smart move. By the way, do you really believe that the defense is the strongest unit? That may not be so after today. All three units look strong on this team.

Nonsense. It was noted just last week that most coaches would prefer to defer the opening kickoff, if they win the coin toss. They changed the rule this season (I was unaware it was a rule before that you couldn't), but the announcers said you'll seem most teams that win the toss will take the ball to start the 3rd quarter. So, can we please stop finding reasons to denigrate our head coach?

Guest dog14787
Damn right. The entire offense was pretty ineffective for 3 quarters. Trent played rather poorly, the playcalling was average, the O-Line was stinking it up...you name it.

This was a total offensive comeback. Trent was stupendous in the 4th Q. So was the O-Line, Marshawn was the beast, and Reed showed just ONE of the reasons why he is so valuable to the team. He is open, even if it doesn't look like he has separation.

Anger the football gods and pay the price, I billieve it was also Reed who took a Jab to the face while he's laying flat on his back in the endzone.

Justice was served :thumbsup:

Damn right. The entire offense was pretty ineffective for 3 quarters. Trent played rather poorly, the playcalling was average, the O-Line was stinking it up...you name it.

.. Peters was horrible and the receivers were having a bad case of dropsies especially on key downs. Add to that some really bad officiating and we were looking terrible in the forst 3 quarters. Also note that Edwards' level of play went up immediately after it stopped raining. I really hope his increasing experience negates his marginal performances in poor weather to date.

In any case, and to use a cliche, winning cures everything.

Trent is really special. He owns the 4th quarter. That 96 yard drive was one of the best I have ever seen- and against a very tough Raiders secondary. Wow! Even JP has to be impressed

Trent might have been unimpressive for three quarters of the game, but he does seem to have an affinity for fourth quarter combacks. While I'd prefer to have a bit more consistent play, there's no denying that Trent knows how to finish games. Take into account that it's still his second season and I think we have a new long term QB.

It's been so long since we've watched a team overcome a gut-punch like the Raiders 85 yd td with 6 to play and march right back down the field for a td, let alone followed by a d stand and another score. Just.... I'm just so f'n thrilled right now! TE, man, who knew?!

did anyone else catch TE between the Lynch TD and the Higgins yarder?!?! he was sitting on the bench with Lee and Josh Reed and when he finally caught his breath he got back up and started stalking the Offense on the bench, getting into every player and making sure they were up to winning this game.

that is something we havent seen from our QB in over a decade!!

Edwards is getting VERY good very quickly. He's already in the top 15 I would say. He still, however, needs to learn how to throw the ball downfield. If he does, he could be great. He had two long balls today and both were horrible throws. He had Josh open deep and overthrew by 5 yards. He had Evans open deep and under-threw by 5-10 yards. The third was a penalty. If he gets that part of his game down, and I believe he can, he is going to be in the upper echelon of QBs quick.

Of course I support JP. He is a member of the Bills. He may have to play, at some point in time this year (you never know)?

You don't support the players on the Bills?

Shame on you!

You're right Dean I should have put AS STARTER in that post but I didn't. I just figured that would be obvious to anyone but evidently it isn't. So in response to those people who think I don't support JP at all. I have this to say. :thumbsup: You JACK-ASSES!!!!!!! :huh::P

In the past, we'd lose these games. Trent is special and Turk lets Trent be Trent.

IS it too much to billeve we have St. Tim watching over us? 0:)

I hope so because nobody would be smiling harder than Timmy at these three games. It's bittersweet to see the Bills winning like this and knowing Tim can't see it here with us. :(

Pretty damn impressive 4th quarter. In a game we should have lost, Trent and the Bills found a way to pull it together and get a win. Just incredible.

I, literally, sat there watching for several minutes to make sure it really happened. I'm still not sure I just saw the Bills do that. Great job by Trent and the rest of the team.

Same for me. It took a moment to sink in because it's been so long that the Bills won a game like this. I'm still pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming!! What an adrenaline rush!!

someone was calling for him numerous times in the game thread

:rolleyes::thumbsup::huh:

Mr. Smart Guy, how are these blind JP supporters supposed to respond, given that they're blind and therefore can't read your post?

You've never heard of braille screens!?? How do you think the refs reverse calls in the replay booth!! JACK-ASS!!!!!! :P

Edwards is getting VERY good very quickly. He's already in the top 15 I would say. He still, however, needs to learn how to throw the ball downfield. If he does, he could be great. He had two long balls today and both were horrible throws. He had Josh open deep and overthrew by 5 yards. He had Evans open deep and under-threw by 5-10 yards. The third was a penalty. If he gets that part of his game down, and I believe he can, he is going to be in the upper echelon of QBs quick.

I agree. He also need to rediscover his touch on dumb off passes, he has been drilling them this year.

Those are relatively minor complaints, as I think he can make those adjustments. He is getting the job done in the clutch, that's for sure.

I won't even bother to mention how boring he is in interviews and press conferences. Better to be boring than to say something stupid.

I agree. He also need to rediscover his touch on dumb off passes, he has been drilling them this year.

Those are relatively minor complaints, as I think he can make those adjustments. He is getting the job done in the clutch, that's for sure.

I won't even bother to mention how boring he is in interviews and press conferences. Better to be boring than to say something stupid.

Dumb off passes? Is that what we renamed the Kelly Holcomb checkdown specials? :thumbsup:

Seriously, though - I agree. I lost my cool when he fired that fastball to Schouman who was about three yards away in the flat. It was at least the second or third time he did that today and has been doing it all three games thus far. But you're right about it being a minor adjustment. He's got pretty good touch on his short passes, so I'm sure it's just a matter of slowing things down a little.