TRENT EDWARDS

RayFinkle

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Football is time based, not possession based. I really have no idea what that could mean. That just can't be the right explanation.

If you have the last meaningful possession on the first half and then get the ball to open the 2nd half, you've essentially gained an extra possession.

Deferral is always the right call and the guy trying to rag Jauron for it simply has no clue.

He had two long balls today and both were horrible throws. He had Josh open deep and overthrew by 5 yards.

I would take issue with faulting Trent's throw on that play. That was DeAngelo Hall playing a trail technique on a less than blazingly fast Josh Reed. There was no place on the field Edwards could have thrown the ball where only Josh Reed could get it, and had he thrown it where Josh could get it I think there's a better than even chance that Hall would have gone up and taken it away.

If there was any fault to be laid at Trent's feet on that play I'd say it was in regards to his decision, not the throw itself. Going downfield to a possession receiver who's being covered by arguably the best athlete in the stadium was probably not the right choice.

3 fourth QTR comebacks in 12 starts !!! are you kiddin me.

And people want to complain that he has not played a perfect game yet...lol this kills me, you do know that Oakland has some very very good players on defense(top 3 corner tandem) and they played lights out for 3 qtrs today until Trent and the offense decided not to lose this game. Lighten up and enjoy the ride, this kid is fast becoming an elite QB in this league, safe to say the Bills will be gettin flexed later this year.

3 fourth QTR comebacks in 12 starts !!! are you kiddin me.

And people want to complain that he has not played a perfect game yet...lol this kills me, you do know that Oakland has some very very good players on defense(top 3 corner tandem) and they played lights out for 3 qtrs today until Trent and the offense decided not to lose this game. Lighten up and enjoy the ride, this kid is fast becoming an elite QB in this league, safe to say the Bills will be gettin flexed later this year.

So, even though most (all?) of us have agreed that he was fantastic leading the team in the comeback, we shouldn't even mention that he played poorly for much of the game, or that there are still some parts of his game that need work (this is only his second year)? We should simply say, "Trent is great" and sht the hell up?

I don't think that there is much here that would count as "complaints". They are observations and criticisms. Dunno about you, but I can enjoy the ride without pretending that I can't see and think.

So, even though most (all?) of us have agreed that he was fantastic leading the team in the comeback, we shouldn't even mention that he played poorly for much of the game, or that there are still some parts of his game that need work (this is only his second year)? We should simply say, "Trent is great" and sht the hell up?

I don't think that there is much here that would count as "complaints". They are observations and criticisms. Dunno about you, but I can enjoy the ride without pretending that I can't see and think.

hes never gonna be perfect, no QB ever has been...geez, "see and think" about the mistakes all you like, if thats what turns your crank, the team is 3 and 0 and the kid has been awsome, but hey...if you wanna spend your time reminding others that our 2nd year QB(8-4) needs work then who am i to ruin your fun.

I mean really? who the hell cares, after what he did in the 4th qtr the last 2 games(over 120 QB rating) i would think the last thing anybody would wanna waste thier time doing is talking about how he still needs work....too funny

hes never gonna be perfect, no QB ever has been...geez, "see and think" about the mistakes all you like, if thats what turns your crank, the team is 3 and 0 and the kid has been awsome, but hey...if you wanna spend your time reminding others that our 2nd year QB(8-4) needs work then who am i to ruin your fun.

I mean really? who the hell cares, after what he did in the 4th qtr the last 2 games(over 120 QB rating) i would think the last thing anybody would wanna waste thier time doing is talking about how he still needs work....too funny

If all the posts were, "ain't we great" with no analysis, it wouldn't be much of a message board. Why bother to post if you have nothing much to say (not you, but in general)?

Should everyone wait until next week or two weeks from now to say he needs some work? I love the guy. Thrilled with him. And he needs some work. He's very good now. If he gets the work on the things he needs work on, he could be great.

This is a SECOND year QB. Unreal....the sky is the limit for this kid. Feels good to finally have a QB who puts you in position to win the game no matter the odds. This kid is unreal.

We have our quarterback set for the next several years hopefully. Two weeks in a row for leading the team down the field to win on the last drive.

Should everyone wait until next week or two weeks from now to say he needs some work? I love the guy. Thrilled with him. And he needs some work. He's very good now. If he gets the work on the things he needs work on, he could be great.

the point is every 2nd year player "needs some work". On a day where he leads the team to 17 4th QTR points in a comeback in his 12th start, i just find it funny that some people need to point out the fact that he was 50% passer in the first 3 QTRs and he needs to find some touch on his dump passes and on and on.... it just seems very silly that those are the things people wanna post about.

We have been without a QB in over a decade and have finally found one... enjoy!!!

We have our quarterback set for the next several years hopefully. Two weeks in a row for leading the team down the field to win on the last drive.

Well, Flutie did that on several occasions, too, and he was hardly a well-rounded NFL QB, IMO.

But, I think Trent is already better than Skin Flutie in many ways. He has just about all the tools he needs to be terrific, and should only get better with time.

Well, Flutie did that on several occasions, too, and he was hardly a well-rounded NFL QB, IMO.

But, I think Trent is already better than Skin Flutie in many ways. He has just about all the tools he needs to be terrific, and should only get better with time.

Well, TE is taller than Flutie... just not as well educated :flirt:

the point is every 2nd year player "needs some work". On a day where he leads the team to 17 4th QTR points in a comeback in his 12th start, i just find it funny that some people need to point out the fact that he was 50% passer in the first 3 QTRs and he needs to find some touch on his dump passes and on and on.... it just seems very silly that those are the things people wanna post about.

We have been without a QB in over a decade and have finally found one... enjoy!!!

We ARE enjoying. Criticism is not a bad thing, for God's sake. I can go to a great restaurant, have a fantastic dinner and still point out one or two things that might have room for improvement. I'm still enjoying the hell out of it.

Stop thinking we are complaining, we are not.

In my opinion JP never got what Trent had today. In year 2 of his career if he had

a int. and fumble he would be pulled and never given the chance for redemption

That's a load of bollocks. Year 3 of his career(including injury rookie year) he was a 16 game starter in 2006......there were many games(6) where he both fumbled and threw interceptions(9 ints & 10 fumbles in those 6 games).

To keep things balanced though.....in response to all of the "JP could never do that" type comments......weeks 11 & 12 in 2006 saw JP orchestrate 2 4th quarter wins.

Edited by Dibs

To keep things balanced though.....in response to all of the "JP could never do that" type comments......weeks 11 & 12 in 2006 saw JP orchestrate 2 4th quarter wins.

You're equating 3 (in a tied game) and 7 point 4th quarter performances to 10 an 17 point (both come from behind) 4th quarter performances?