A Few Thoughts About The Game And The Bills...

Bill from NYC

1) I am glad that Coy Wire is a Buffalo Bill. Go ahead and blast away. I don't give a !@#$.

2) Vomiting? Sandwiches? Don't ask me what is going on with Willis because I don't have a clue.

3) I have wanted to say this for a few weeks but have held back. Here it is...........I don't think that Deon Sanders in his prime could catch Lee Evans from behind. IF he could, he would need a pretty damned good angle.

4) The 57 yard TD run was a thing of beauty. You know why? Because of the way Jason Peters sealed off the outside.

5) OK. When Schobel came up he was nothing but a speed rusher. Now, he is a seasoned vet, and he hasn't lost a step. He combines this blazing speed with nifty moves and hard earned experience. The man belongs in the probowl. "High Motor" my !@#$ing ass!

6) I don't know how many will agree, but imo it will cost at least 30 million over 5 years to re-sign Kelsay. Ya think I'm crazy? Talk to me in February/07.

Pay the man Ralph....a new day has dawned.

7) In order to drive home the point on just how good Jason Peters is, I am going to say that he is already worth a 1st round pick, and I am NOT talking about a late one. In case anybody cares, I would turn down a top 10 pick for him.

8) I am not trying to sell Kyle Williams as a superstar, but this kid gives 100% effort on every play. Leon Lett? No. Keeper? I say so.

9) Kudos to Jauron in that he out coached Mangini. That said, beware. Sadly, the jests seem to be heading in the right direction with this guy. Yeah well, we just kicked their effing asses, didn't we!!!??? :angry:

10 GO BILLS FANS!!!!!!!GO BUFFALO BILLS FOOTBALL TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree on all points.

My defensive all stars would be:

L. Fletcher-Baker 8-1 --Why isn't this guy a perennial Pro Bowler?

A. Schobel 6-3 and 3 sacks. Hawaii? Fine, Thank You.

N. Clements 5-0 and 1 INT. He's showing the youngsters back there how to play.

K. Ellison 5-3 and some tough hitting at the end!!!

J. Leonhard 5-1 Filled in nicely today.

I agree with Wire. Surewas nice to see the outside on Shoebals side sealed off for once. Ellison and Wire did a hell of a job keeping thigs inside or stringing them futher out. Much better then the other guy they replaced who was getiing plenty of tackles seven yards down field and get dragged for 5 more. Now if Ellison can stay healthy and get a few more pounds on him we may a legit starter and not a passing down only LB.

7) In order to drive home the point on just how good Jason Peters is, I am going to say that he is already worth a 1st round pick, and I am NOT talking about a late one. In case anybody cares, I would turn down a top 10 pick for him.

862082[/snapback]

If he's developing as well as you guys say, then he (eventually) needs to be listed as an untouchable. I don't know how there could be a single Bills fan on earth who is not sick to death of hearing, year in and year out, how bad our line is. If this kid is the real deal, then extend him long term and don't worry about that position for the next decade.

I don't care what anyone says....Jason Peters is an amazing story.

If he's developing as well as you guys say, then he (eventually) needs to be listed as an untouchable. I don't know how there could be a single Bills fan on earth who is not sick to death of hearing, year in and year out, how bad our line is. If this kid is the real deal, then extend him long term and don't worry about that position for the next decade.

862170[/snapback]

Then just gave the kid a long term extension this year. I think 5 years at 3 million per.

862170[/snapback]

Your wish is the Bills command. It's been done. He's locked up, at a relative bargain rate no less, for I believe 5 years.

862170[/snapback]

They gave him a 5 year extention, and for peanuts. We have him locked up aj!!! 0:)

If he keeps going at this pace, they will have to rip up that contract and double it before long. Amazing story indeed!!! :angry:

Your wish is the Bills command.  It's been done.  He's locked up, at a relative bargain rate no less, for I believe 5 years.

862175[/snapback]

I know, but if his agent is worth a damn, no way he plays for that money as our starting LT. Even if he's willing, I'd rather see Ralph/Marv do the right thing and pay him more fairly. If he truly does end up solidifying the position and performs at a high level, I think it would be wrong to hold him to that deal.

While I don't know about 30M for Kelsay, he will be more than the Denny type deal I was hoping for Bill. I'd like to keep the entire 4 man rotation going (Schobel, Kelsay, Denny and Hargrove) very much though. An Alan Branch would look great in the interior! :angry: As for Peters, who would have thought that was how we'd find a LT?!?!?!?! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

862082[/snapback]

I sure as hell wouldn't trade him to the Jets for Da Brick, even if they picked up the difference in the contracts.

I know, but if his agent is worth a damn, no way he plays for that money as our starting LT. Even if he's willing, I'd rather see Ralph/Marv do the right thing and pay him more fairly. If he truly does end up solidifying the position and performs at a high level, I think it would be wrong to hold him to that deal.

862183[/snapback]

Maybe someone has the exact figures, but I thought his raise got him up to about $5M per year. I think that's fair enough, at least for the next 2 years or so.

A couple of other things:

Justin Miller is a great kick returner. It will be a battle between McGee and him for the Pro Bowl nod.

If you want a left tackle, you don't draft him in the first round. It's a crepe-shoot. Just regroove a tight end.

Next week better sell out in response to this club's effort. I for one am looking to go.

During the telecast, one of the announcers said that JP wanted to show everyone that the Bills had the guys already there to be a good offense and didn't need anyone else.  I didn't agree with that, but like how things are slowly turning around.

862187[/snapback]

But in truth, isn't that what you want your QB and team leader to say? Even if it's just PC-speak, it's still good to hear if you're blocking for the guy or catching his passes.

1) I am glad that Coy Wire is a Buffalo Bill. Go ahead and blast away. I don't give a !@#$.

6) I don't know how many will agree, but imo it will cost at least 30 million over 5 years to re-sign Kelsay. Ya think I'm crazy? Talk to me in February/07.

862082[/snapback]

Coy Wire has played great at LB. I can't believe myself actually cheering for this guy! He seems like the perfect fit for this defense. If Fletcher leaves, I can see them swinging Crowell to the middle and keeping Ellison or Wire as the other OLB. (Btw, Spikes is poised to return to full form next year--another solid game by him today).

We already have Kelsay's replacement-- Anthony Hargrove. These are Kelsay's final days here in Buffalo--especially if his market rate is going to be as high as you suggest.

Coy Wire has played great at LB. I can't believe myself actually cheering for this guy! He seems like the perfect fit for this defense. If Fletcher leaves, I can see them swinging Crowell to the middle and keeping Ellison or Wire as the other OLB. (Btw, Spikes is poised to return to full form next year--another solid game by him today).

We already have Kelsay's replacement-- Anthony Hargrove. These are Kelsay's final days here in Buffalo--especially if his market rate is going to be as high as you suggest.

862283[/snapback]

Did you notice how much better the outside was sealed today? Did you notice Ellison and Wire actually tackling the runner in the gap? What makes you want to put Crowell who couldn't do that all season and got plenty of tackles becuase everyone ran at him knowing it was a 7-10 gain once they got past Schobel. Why would you want to make Crowell the Qb of the defense? :angry: His undersized body is already getting blown out on most plays expecting him to perform well in an even more physical position isn't going to happen.

Did you notice how much better the outside was sealed today?  Did you notice Ellison and Wire actually tackling the runner in the gap?  What makes you want to put Crowell who couldn't do that all season and got plenty of tackles becuase everyone ran at him knowing it was a 7-10 gain once they got past Schobel.  Why would you want to make Crowell the Qb of the defense?  :angry:  His undersized body is already getting blown out on most plays expecting him to perform well in an even more physical position isn't going to happen.

862289[/snapback]

That's just what I can see happening, not what I want. Crowell has been getting a lot of praise from the staff and nat'l media. And I heard (or thought I had heard) that he got some work at MLB in camp. It seems natural that he'd be Fletcher's replacement if it comes to that.

I personally am not sold on Crowell; but I am no great judge of linebackers either. And I also attribute a lot of the runs to his side to Schobel--who is always out of position against the run. Crowell seems to do well in coverage. He also seemed to be much better last season than this one.

But in truth, isn't that what you want your QB and team leader to say? Even if it's just PC-speak, it's still good to hear if you're blocking for the guy or catching his passes.

It was noble of him, supporting his teammates like that (and kind of throwing the defense under the bus). But he didn't have to go that far and could have said he's looking for continued improvement from himself and his teammates.

During the telecast, one of the announcers said that JP wanted to show everyone that the Bills had the guys already there to be a good offense and didn't need anyone else.  I didn't agree with that, but like how things are slowly turning around.

862187[/snapback]

Godda admit wouldnt mind a huge guard that can make some bigger holes. But right now i believe this team can beat anyone in the league when they play at the top of their game. Kudos to the Buffalo Bills organization from ralph to the janitor for putting a good product on the field after Donahoe left. The buffalo Bills should be feared by every team. I would'nt wanna play us.... hahahahahah sweet GO BILLS :thumbsup:

Let's see, there were 2 LTs in this game - an undrafted converted TE, and a top-five pick.  Who played better?

Let's see, there were a few DEs out there today - two of them were top-20 picks, three of them were second-round afterthoughts with "high motors."  Who played better?

862398[/snapback]

But I was under the impression that the only way to get a good lineman is to draft them in the first round. Man, this is confusing. :nana:

Sometimes, you just have to get :thumbsup: lucky, ala the Pats and their skinny 6th round QB. :lol:

862283[/snapback]

Coy Wire is a stud!!! Only the Patsies of lately have been able to take a player out of their position and play them in a spot they shouldn't be in and be actually good at it. Coy Wire was amazing when he filled in at LB. We actually stopped the run when he was in!!!!! Cudos to him!!! I though it was amazing!

J E T S SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS!!!!

We had an annoying guy behind us (jets fan) at the Harp tonite! If you were there you know what I mean!

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!!

I love the BILLS!!!!

6 mil a year for Kelsay? When Hargrove seems just as good, if not better?

I'll bite... you're crazy.

10 GO BILLS FANS!!!!!!!GO BUFFALO BILLS FOOTBALL TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

862082[/snapback]

Bill, do you still think Gandy is that terrible? To me, he's looked decent at LG, and him and Peters have been playing well together. I would not mind at all if they re-sign Gandy and keep him at LG. IF him and Peters are developing a chemistry, theres no reason to break that apart.

Now, we need to focus on building a solid right side of the line. IMO, the top "need" spot on the O-line is RG. Preston has been holing his own, but an upgrade wouldnt hurt. I suppose if we sign steinbach, we could shift gandy to RG.