Don't wanna step out of line

I hope I'm not stepping out of line, but is there any way to vote for a change in the banner up top? I don't want to seem like I hate Willis because I really do like the guy and hope he has a monster year. However, I question his committment to the Bills. I just think it would be cool to have a guy up there who seems to demonstrate what a Buffalo Bill is all about. Personally, I think Takeo Spikes (doing his leg kick) would look great up there. Or perhaps London Fletcher? Again, I don't wanna step on any toes but was just wondering if anyone else felt this way? I'll shut up now. :)

I hope I'm not stepping out of line, but is there any way to vote for a change in the banner up top?  I don't want to seem like I hate Willis because I really do like the guy and hope he has a monster year.  However, I question his committment to the Bills.  I just think it would be cool to have a guy up there who seems to demonstrate what a Buffalo Bill is all about.  Personally, I think Takeo Spikes (doing his leg kick) would look great up there.  Or perhaps London Fletcher?  Again, I don't wanna step on any toes but was just wondering if anyone else felt this way?  I'll shut up now.  :P

705310[/snapback]

You might be on to something there.

Being on the Banner at TBD is akin to being on the cover of SI.

I think it was last changed early in the season last year and there was some shuck and jive about it giving McGahee the kiss of death. Maybe if we change it, he'll at least show up for the next mini camp. :D

That being said, let's NOT put Marv and his guns of steel up there. A much more deserving candidate - in lieu of the aforementioned curse would be... Coy Wire!

The curse of the TBD banner lives!

Take Willis down, and dont even think of putting spikes or mcgee up there. I think we should do the team a favor and put bennie anderson on the banner.

Take Willis down, and dont even think of putting spikes or mcgee up there. I think we should do the team a favor and put bennie anderson on the banner.

705324[/snapback]

Let's put Tom Brady on the banner!

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. My choices would be Lee Evans and/or London Fletcher. Evans represents whatever hope there is for our offense, and Fletch represents pride. Plus, IMO, Fletcher is way underrated, not only nationally, but by Bills fans too...

705324[/snapback]

Who were some of the past banner post ups? It would be hilarious though if some fan of another team came here to lurk and saw Bennie Anderson on top. :D

How about a classic banner with Kelly, Bruce, or Thurman?

705330[/snapback]

Wouldn't a classic banner include players before 1990? You would need a montage of players from 1960 to the present.

i was thinking that an old player like thurman or kelly would be stupid because they arent on the team anymore, but what about all the players that are on the bills wall side by side to form the banner? this way there is no arguing about who is on and who is not, if you dont make the wall you dont make the banner. So it would sort of like the best players from bills history, i just didnt like a single older player.

I'm thinking action shot.....Eddie Robinson vs. Chad Pennington

705469[/snapback]

Or how about Lonnie Friggin Johnson looking back and getting his head knocked off! :D Otherwise, I vote for Bennie Anderson too.

Or how about Lonnie Friggin Johnson looking back and getting his head knocked off!  :D Otherwise, I vote for Bennie Anderson too.

705473[/snapback]

Eddie vs. Chad....most embarrassing play in recent Bills' history? Maybe #2; hard to beat throwback for sheer incompetence.

I hope I'm not stepping out of line, but is there any way to vote for a change in the banner up top?  I don't want to seem like I hate Willis because I really do like the guy and hope he has a monster year.  However, I question his committment to the Bills.  I just think it would be cool to have a guy up there who seems to demonstrate what a Buffalo Bill is all about.  Personally, I think Takeo Spikes (doing his leg kick) would look great up there.  Or perhaps London Fletcher?  Again, I don't wanna step on any toes but was just wondering if anyone else felt this way?  I'll shut up now.  :D

705310[/snapback]

No way. He is our horse. Don't buy the garbage he is out of shape. That's just local trash talk to get him motivated. Willis will hit 1,600 yards this season

Word up

I hope I'm not stepping out of line, but is there any way to vote for a change in the banner up top?  I don't want to seem like I hate Willis because I really do like the guy and hope he has a monster year.  However, I question his committment to the Bills.   I just think it would be cool to have a guy up there who seems to demonstrate what a Buffalo Bill is all about.  Personally, I think Takeo Spikes (doing his leg kick) would look great up there.  Or perhaps London Fletcher?  Again, I don't wanna step on any toes but was just wondering if anyone else felt this way?   I'll shut up now.  :D

705310[/snapback]

I am amazed at the level of stupidity some people go to...you want to remove McGahee from the banner because you question his commitment because he didnt show up for "voluntary" workouts....I dont think Edge has ever shown up for voluntary workouts and I think his commitment to the colts was just fine during his time there

what a complete waste of time and thinking...talk about worrying about meaningless crap

wow, someone p!ssed in Max's Flutie Flakes this morning...

here's a few options:

1) something like that evolutionary pic that shows the ape, knuckle draggers, cave man, erect man...you get the idea. Only make it stars of the Bills...Shaw or Cookie, followed by Joe D or Fergy, followed by Jimbo, followed by Hansen, then by Spikes or McGee

2) evolution of the helmet

3) Tom Olividotti

4) An Endzone shot of the fans

5) <<<<the emoticons!

But Marv and his guns belong to my avatar, so that's off limits.

I am amazed at the level of stupidity some people go to...you want to remove McGahee from the banner because you question his commitment because he didnt show up for "voluntary" workouts....I dont think Edge has ever shown up for voluntary workouts and I think his commitment to the colts was just fine during his time there

what a complete waste of time and thinking...talk about worrying about meaningless crap

705588[/snapback]

First of all, it was just a suggestion. I'm powerless to change anything. I was just seeing what other people thought. Like I said in my original post, I really do like McGahee and want him to succeed. However, it would be nice to see a guy is truly a leader for this team up there. When I think of the Bills, I like to think of a player who gives his all on and off the field & is truly committed to this team & community. And I really have a hard time believing Willis is. Especially compared to guys like Spikes and Fletcher.

As for overreacting to OTAs, I'll admit that maybe I do. But guess what? A future hall of fame rb from this team also thinks he should be there. But maybe Thurman is just as stupid as the rest of us. And don't even compare Willis to Edge. Edge has rushed for 1500+ yards in 4 seasons and is one of the best all around backs in football. He has earned his place in this league. Willis may get there but he has a long way to go. And it would be nice if he could should up for at least a couple of OTAs to meet his new coaching staff and get ahead of the game.

I love the idea of a really obscure Bills player up on the banner.  Make it hilarious.  Make it pointless.

Make it Joe Burns.

705422[/snapback]

He certainly has the credentials!

I think we've tainted McGahee's career enough.

Take him down from the banner and watch him run to the Pro Bowl.

Joe Burns was born to be on the banner. :D

First of all, it was just a suggestion.  I'm powerless to change anything.  I was just seeing what other people thought.  Like I said in my original post, I really do like McGahee and want him to succeed.  However, it would be nice to see a guy is truly a leader for this team up there.  When I think of the Bills, I like to think of a player who gives his all on and off the field & is truly committed to this team & community.  And I really have a hard time believing Willis is.  Especially compared to guys like Spikes and Fletcher.

As for overreacting to OTAs, I'll admit that maybe I do.  But guess what?    A future hall of fame rb from this team also thinks he should be there.  But maybe Thurman is just as stupid as the rest of us.  And don't even compare Willis to Edge.  Edge has rushed for 1500+ yards in 4 seasons and is one of the best all around backs in football.  He has earned his place in this league.  Willis may get there but he has a long way to go.  And it would be nice if he could should up for at least a couple of OTAs to meet his new coaching staff and get ahead of the game.

705616[/snapback]

Edge was doing the same thing before he earned his place in the league

705324[/snapback]

Spikes has already had his hex. I think he'd do nicely on there with our new defensive-minded coach and the Comeback soon to come.

Spikes has already had his hex.  I think he'd do nicely on there with our new defensive-minded coach and the Comeback soon to come.

705818[/snapback]

Yeah, but then he might wind up tearing the other achilles tendon! :D