If the Bills leave Buffalo...

What will you do if the Bills leave Buffalo?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What will you do if the Bills leave Buffalo?

• Follow team to new city
    • Pick a new team to cheer for
    • Stop watching football
    • Go crazy and assassinate anyone and everyone responsible

I was a huge Braves fan.  Once they left, I stopped following the NBA.  Whats the point of following something that just betrayed you?

656449[/snapback]

The way I look at it is, the Bills players and coaches had nothing to do with it, so I will cheer them on where ever they go. I love football way too much to stop watching and I can't just select a new team to follow.

If the Bills ever leave WNY(and this includes a move to Toronto...screw them), I would lose my loyalty to them just like when the Braves left. If I had to pick a new team to declare my own, it would probably be Cleveland because of the close proximity to Buffalo.

Regardless...I would still be a huge NFL fan.

I would probably mourn them more than a little bit and then...

for me, that would be it. I'd no longer watch the NFL. There would be no suitable replacement - and my football viewing would switch entirely to Saturdays.

my hatred of miami and new england would keep me watching, but i don't think i would follow the team in its new form.nor do i see myself picking a new team. i'd still just hate the same teams i hate now.

If the Bills ever leave WNY(and this includes a move to Toronto...screw them), I would lose my loyalty to them just like when the Braves left.  If I had to pick a new team to declare my own, it would probably be Cleveland because of the close proximity to Buffalo.

Regardless...I would still be a huge NFL fan.

656456[/snapback]

How could The Bills possibly make more money in Toronto?

Besides, I don't think the rest of the NFLPU members would want to be paying Canadian taxes on their income earned on any given Sunday north of the border.

JMHO

You guys are fairweather. I'm a Bills fan, Buffalo or not and that will never change.

656546[/snapback]

So if you were in Houston... would you be a Titans fan now, and not a Texans fan??

How could The Bills possibly make more money in Toronto?

656520[/snapback]

Because you have hundreds of businesses in Toronto that could afford suites(unlike in Buffalo) no matter what the owner would charge and invidiuals who would pony up for inflated ticket prices and PSL's on top of that.

This would assume that Toronto build a football stadium that holds more than the skydome.

I'm sure I'd do my best to remain a fan during and after the move, but I think where they end up will have a lot to do with how long I stick with them. If they move to LA, I think I'd sort of 'fade away' as a fan. I'll always love the NFL, that won't ever change. But no Bills in Buffalo? Wow, that would just be devastating. I think anyone who either grew up in that area, or lives there now, would just be totally devastated. I moved to Rochester when I was 12 years old (early 1985) and lived there for ten years. Those are some pretty damn significant years of your life growing up, and the Bills were a huge part of it.

I've got no connections to the city of Buffalo or state of New York, so i'd follow them ONLY if they dropped the "Bills" for another name, because that just wouldn't make sense with any other city. What the hell would the logo be for the Los Angeles Bills? Surely it can't be a charging Buffalo anymore.

people are crazy you will not stop watching football it's too good.

656583[/snapback]

Incorrect. Without the Buffalo Bills, football would be just like all other sports, something I MAY watch during the playoffs and Superbowl. On the plus side I'd be talking to my wife or working on my house right now, instead of sitting on a football message board. Damn, my life would suck.

You guys are fairweather. I'm a Bills fan, Buffalo or not and that will never change.

656546[/snapback]

:D

The vast majority of us here are Bills fans because they are associated with the city of Buffalo. Take them out of WNY, and they're no longer our team. We don't care about the cool name, the particular players on the team, the neat helmet logo, the pretty uniform colors, all that other frivolous BS... the BUFFALO Bills represent our homeland, or at least our former homeland of which we are still very proud. A homeland that is intensely loyal, proud, hard-working, family-oriented, and yes also a bit depressed and insecure. The LOS ANGELES Bills would not represent all this - they'd represent gangbangers, illegal immigrants, racist cops, narcissistic artist wanna-be's, and materialistic elitist a-holes.

Of course, that's just my opinion. Root for whomever you want if the Bills leave. Me? I'll turn my time and money 100% on over to college football. Fug the NFL and their big market owners. If they want to mirror MLB's "success," let 'em have it.

I would simply stop watching pro football (at least for a couple of years), the same way I stopped watching basketball when the Braves left. I still haven't cared about the NBA and it's getting close to 20 years since the new owner moved them to San Diego.

The only reason I could see that I might eventually pay attention to the NFL again, is I'd probably get lured back into "pick-'em" pools. Following the NFL would not be the same and I expect that I would hate whatever team "replaced" the Bills.

I expect that I would watch some of the college bowl games, but probably wouldn't care much about the regular season of that either.

I do not think any of those answers really fit for me as I would still watch but I would definately lose my passion for the game.

46+ years of history should just be thrown away because others are greedy. The entire siutuation is a shame and it shows that the big guys do not care about the game.

All right, 'fess up -- you guys who didn't choose the 'mass assassination' response are lying.

:D

656584[/snapback]

That's the only reason I voted and didn't complain about another worthless poll thread (which, of course, it is <_< ).

Personally, I'd be heart broken. I can't give up watching football though. I would follow the team where ever they go.

656446[/snapback]

I find football increasingly boring as I get older anyway. I wouldnt watch the NFL. Too many poor QBs and too much poor play. If it werent for the Bills I would have no interest in it.

I'm not a Bills fan. I am a Buffalo Bills fan. Team leaves and I am done with the NFL. They will both be dead to me.

I live in WNY and I know it would just destroy people here. No Buffalo Bills game on Sundays in the fall is just a horriffic thought. There isn't all that much going on in WNY and the Bills are just a huge part of alot of people's lives.

If RW sells the team and it moves, it would be even worse than, say, finding out your best friend has been nailing your wife, they cleaned out your bank account and the two left town after they kicked your dog and pawned your big screen TV.

I'd watch college football and the NFL would just not exist in my mind anymore.

I was a huge Braves fan.  Once they left, I stopped following the NBA.  Whats the point of following something that just betrayed you?

656449[/snapback]

They tuuuuukkkk errrrr jobbbbssssss.... :D

There is no loyalty in business anymore. I can understand completely if the Bills are out of Western NY in a few years. The area is dead. And I hate saying that because I still do live here.