A couple points about Losman and Moulds

Gambler

Losman is NOT RESPECTED in the locker room.

I am sure the players have expressed their opinions to the new coaches and management. The team doesn't believe they can win with him.

Losman was Donahoe's baby. The new regime has no loyalty to Losman as a draft pick they must justify or defend.

The possibility of trading Losman does not surprise me at all. The problem is that he has no tradeable value at this point.

Moulds was completely frustrated by the failure of the Bills to address the QB problem and the OL problem.

The frustration was seen many times in the past where Moulds was quoted as saying how disappointed he was that the Bills couldn't find a decent QB to get him the ball since Jim Kelly left the team. He often commented how nice it would have been for him to be in a situation where he could build a long term partnership with one QB (i.e. Kelly-Reed, Montana-Rice, etc.)

Now that he is nearing the end of his career, he is hoping for once last chance to establish some kind of legacy for his playing career. He is convinced it won't be in Buffalo.

i would say that this has to be the 100th time this has been around.

645921[/snapback]

Actually, officially, only the 94th. But now that you've let the cat out of the bag that we will be giving an award to the 100th, everyone will glom on....

One thing that REALLY needs to be said is that just because we hear from unnamed sources that Losman was not respected as a leader, that could just as well mean they liked him as a guy and thought he was way too green and just not ready to play, and shouldn't have been annointed, as much as he has a ton of talent and is going to be great someday but he's a jerk. I have heard nothing ever from Moulds that implies he doesn't like Losman, or that he thinks Losman is a jerk, or that he doesn't want to play with him. What Moulds said, as well as implied, was that he was not ready to lead this team, and that the veteran Holcomb was. That may or may not be true.

One thing that REALLY needs to be said is that just because we hear from unnamed sources that Losman was not respected as a leader, that could just as well mean they liked him as a guy and thought he was way too green and just not ready to play, and shouldn't have been annointed, as much as he has a ton of talent and is going to be great someday but he's a jerk. I have heard nothing ever from Moulds that implies he doesn't like Losman, or that he thinks Losman is a jerk, or that he doesn't want to play with him. What Moulds said, as well as implied, was that he was not ready to lead this team, and that the veteran Holcomb was. That may or may not be true.

645940[/snapback]

could be JP did not want to play with moulds .

I am sure the players have expressed their opinions to the new coaches and management. The team doesn't believe they can win with him.

Losman was Donahoe's baby. The new regime has no loyalty to Losman as a draft pick they must justify or defend.

The possibility of trading Losman does not surprise me at all. The problem is that he has no tradeable value at this point.

Moulds was completely frustrated by the failure of the Bills to address the QB problem and the OL problem.

The frustration was seen many times in the past where Moulds was quoted as saying how disappointed he was that the Bills couldn't find a decent QB to get him the ball since Jim Kelly left the team. He often commented how nice it would have been for him to be in a situation where he could build a long term partnership with one QB (i.e. Kelly-Reed, Montana-Rice, etc.)

Now that he is nearing the end of his career, he is hoping for once last chance to establish some kind of legacy for his playing career. He is convinced it won't be in Buffalo.

645915[/snapback]

If this is true, it's amazing how much pull a bunch of lazyass players have on this sorry Buffalo Bills team. I seem to remember a 2005 defense that played like whimps and players on the offensive line that were even worse when it came down to intestinal fortitude. At least Losman look like he was trying and he has the excuse of being thrown to the wolves too early. This team, it's front office and some of the fans here who are grabbing at the pitchforks looking for a scapgoat on a team that if full of losers sicken me.

Mould's opinions really doesn't matter much at this point. He is not exactly Jerry Rice and it appears the rest of the league doesn't think much of his abilities at 33 years old. The only person talking right now is his advisory and not NFL GMs. Remember, Jimmy Smith is 35 or 36 and still kicks a lot of ass.

I agree that JP must be a handful in locker room because these rumors date back to draft day. In addition, he was kicked off of the UCLA team his freshman year for similar problems. Combine him with Mike Williams and it really brings into question what in the hell were Tom Donahoe and are current director of college scouting asking during the interview process?

Mould's opinions really doesn't matter much at this point. He is not exactly Jerry Rice and it appears the rest of the league doesn't think much of his abilities at 33 years old. The only person talking right now is his advisory and not NFL GMs. Remember, Jimmy Smith is 35 or 36 and still kicks a lot of ass.

I agree that JP must be a handful in locker room because these rumors date back to draft day. In addition, he was kicked off of the UCLA team his freshman year for similar problems. Combine him with Mike Williams and it really brings into question what in the hell were Tom Donahoe and are current director of college scouting asking during the interview process?

645956[/snapback]

Great post PtP! Now, where does this leave the 06 Bills?

645956[/snapback]

Whered you hear Losman was "kicked off" UCLA? link please? As far as i know, he transferred to Tulane because he wasnt going to start at UCLA. How does transferring = kicked off make sense? I guess it does if you are a blind JP hater.

Let's review a few things that happened last year...

1. In the Saints game, with the score still close in the first half, JP threw the ball deep, while Eric cut his route off. The ball was easily intercepted and the Saints went on to beat the Bills handily. After the game, JP took the company line that he and Moulds simply were not on the same page for that play, while Moulds made it a point to emphasize that HE ran the right route and the INT was all JP's fault. I have no doubt that Moulds did, in fact, run the right route, but it was not necessary for him to emphasize that JP was in error.

2. When MM was trying to keep the switch to Holcomb in Week 5 on the low-down, Moulds could hardly contain himself -- and spilled the beans to the press. Reports circulated that Moulds had gone to MM and pled that they make the shift.

3. In the Miami game with JP finally having what looked to be his breakout game, Moulds sulks because it is Lee Evans that scores 3 TDs. We all know what happened next.

4. The very next game after Moulds' suspension, Holcomb is reinstated as starter, and he keeps the job for the remainder of the season, despite only having one decent performance (against Cinci). But at least Eric is happy.

Now, to me it is clear that EM does not like JP. Maybe he didn't want to have to endure playing with a "rookie" QB at this late state in his career. Maybe the two simply had a personality conflict. Or -- most likely -- maybe just maybe JP felt more comfortable tossing the ball to Lee Evans (and to a lesser degree Josh Reed) than he did to Moulds, which threatened EM. (Maybe EM should remember that he was once the young player who rose to prominance as the aging and sulking Andre Reed became less involved in the offense.) Regardless, it has become abundantly clear that the two cannot co-exist.

Maybe, if the Bills rid themselves of this team "leader", maybe the young QB will manage to find his groove without being B word-slapped.

Whered you hear Losman was "kicked off" UCLA? link please? As far as i know, he transferred to Tulane because he wasnt going to start at UCLA. How does transferring = kicked off make sense? I guess it does if you are a blind JP hater.

645982[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it was a cover up, but everything I've ever read said that JP transfered for playing time...that's it.

Again, this is my thought on the situation as well. Though I have no more proof of this than anyone claiming that it's all JP's fault. To me, it's seems like Eric is a whiny little B word who has put up his best numbers with weak armed QB's. I've always like him, but I won't be sad to see him go anymore.

645982[/snapback]

He heard from two nameless UCLA sources!

;);):lol::D

The people around here are starting to make me sick.

I once thought Bills fans had a clue.

645956[/snapback]

Not. He left the team on his own because all his buddies and family were showing up at the practices and he didnt think it was a good environment for him.

645915[/snapback]

My head is going to explode. Who's your source? You got London Fletcher on speed-dial or something?

Why don't you just make some more sh-- up and hope it sticks to the wall? I hear brown is 'in' this year.

In addition, he was kicked off of the UCLA team his freshman year for similar problems.

645956[/snapback]

Where did you come up with this little tidbit. This is highly doubtful.

The story is that he left UCLA to avoid the distractions of playing near home and family.

1. In the Saints game, with the score still close in the first half, JP threw the ball deep, while Eric cut his route off. The ball was easily intercepted and the Saints went on to beat the Bills handily. After the game, JP took the company line that he and Moulds simply were not on the same page for that play, while Moulds made it a point to emphasize that HE ran the right route and the INT was all JP's fault. I have no doubt that Moulds did, in fact, run the right route, but it was not necessary for him to emphasize that JP was in error.

2. When MM was trying to keep the switch to Holcomb in Week 5 on the low-down, Moulds could hardly contain himself -- and spilled the beans to the press. Reports circulated that  Moulds had gone to MM and pled that they make the shift.

3. In the Miami game with JP finally having what looked to be his breakout game, Moulds sulks because it is Lee Evans that scores 3 TDs. We all know what happened next.

4. The very next game after Moulds' suspension, Holcomb is reinstated as starter, and he keeps the job for the remainder of the season, despite only having one decent performance (against Cinci). But at least Eric is happy.

Now, to me it is clear that EM does not like JP. Maybe he didn't want to have to endure playing with a "rookie" QB at this late state in his career. Maybe the two simply had a personality conflict. Or -- most likely -- maybe just maybe JP felt more comfortable tossing the ball to Lee Evans (and to a lesser degree Josh Reed) than he did to Moulds, which threatened EM. (Maybe EM should remember that he was once the young player who rose to prominance as the aging and sulking Andre Reed became less involved in the offense.) Regardless, it has become abundantly clear that the two cannot co-exist.

Maybe, if the Bills rid themselves of this team "leader", maybe the young QB will manage to find his groove without being B word-slapped.

645986[/snapback]

Good post!

If you go back through the interviews on Buffalobills.com, you'll also see a reporter ask JP what he thought of Moulds and others going to the coach and asking for Holcomb to start. JP asked the reporter point blank.."He did?!?" After that it was over between JP and Moulds. It looks like JP is pretty immature and let Moulds actions affect their relationship on the field....because JP was not throwing the ball in Moulds direction after that.

2. When MM was trying to keep the switch to Holcomb in Week 5 on the low-down, Moulds could hardly contain himself -- and spilled the beans to the press. Reports circulated that  Moulds had gone to MM and pled that they make the shift.

645986[/snapback]

I agree with you . My only doubts stem from the fact that Marv wanted to keep Moulds. If all this bad blood exists between EM and JP, don't you think Marv would want to clear it out? Then again, maybe Marv is playing this to get something for EM, something besides cap space.

My head is going to explode.  Who's your source?  You got London Fletcher on speed-dial or something?

Why don't you just make some more sh-- up and hope it sticks to the wall?  I hear brown is 'in' this year.

646064[/snapback]

Boy, you get quite worked up don't you?

Veteran players are not going to go "on the record" over matters such as a lack of belief in the QB. If you are looking for a smoking gun, you will almost always be disappointed.

First of all, if the sources (names of the players) were posted here you wouldn't believe it. Many players will tell you stuff in confidence, but never admit to publicly. That's the way it works sometimes.

If it was reported by a reporter citing anonymous sources you wouldn't believe it. On a message board like this there are limits to the info - deal with it.

If this kind of information is useless to you - don't respond, just ignore it. It is true nontheless. Sorry no link.

I have spent considerable time in the locker room at the Ralph (in the past,not last year ) and I can tell you that there is a lot said among the players that never gets printed in the papers or "linked to" on the internet.

When JP was stinking out the place last year, how many veterans came out publicly and defended him? Very few, if any.

Why didn't they rush to his defense?

Sorry you're so upset with this kind of info, but take it or leave it.

Yeah, well i have a source too, Marv is my uncle, i talk with him twice a week usually and have discussed many things bills related with him. I have been on the field during practises and met many players first hand and had some good conversations with some of them, except I don't like to come on here and brag about it.

Boy, you get quite worked up don't you?

Veteran players are not going to go "on the record" over matters such as a lack of belief in the QB. If you are looking for a smoking gun, you will almost always be disappointed.

First of all, if the sources (names of the players) were posted here you wouldn't believe it. Many players will tell you stuff in confidence, but never admit to publicly. That's the way it works sometimes.

If it was reported by a reporter citing anonymous sources you wouldn't believe it. On a message board like this there are limits to the info - deal with it.

If this kind of information is useless to you - don't respond, just ignore it. It is true nontheless. Sorry no link.

I have spent considerable time in the locker room at the Ralph (in the past,not last year ) and I can tell you that there is a lot said among the players that never gets printed in the papers or "linked to" on the internet.

When JP was stinking out the place last year, how many veterans came out publicly and defended him? Very few, if any.

Why didn't they rush to his defense?

Sorry you're so upset with this kind of info, but take it or leave it.

646431[/snapback]

I see, so, to sum up what you just said

1] Because veterans didn't say anything in public about not liking or respecting, if not hating JP, it must be true, because they wouldn't come out and say it.

2] Since veteran players don't say what they really think to reporters, and few if any veterans stuck up for JP last year (which they did, by the way), they must hate him, because it's just true and we should just deal with it.

3] Since you havent spent any time in the Bills locker room since JP has been here, but you know veterans say stuff that is pretty nasty that isn't reported, they must have said stuff like that about Losman, since it wasn't reported.

Man, I can't believe what they think of him in the locker room. Not saying anything to reporters speaks volumns of their lack of respect for him.

Why isn't Charles Robinson reporting stuff like this?

645986[/snapback]

I might not draw the same conclusion, but that is a great job on a great take with some real information behind it.

Post more like this. I feel smarter already.

645915[/snapback]

According to your logic,you feel very secure with Kelly Holcomb.Apparently the players think they can win with Holcomb because they havn't expressed there opinions to management to the contrary.

According to your logic,you feel very secure with Kelly Holcomb.Apparently the players think they can win with Holcomb because they havn't expressed there opinions to management to the contrary.

646448[/snapback]

Your syllogism is seriously flawed.

645915[/snapback]

"The frustration was seen many times in the past where Moulds was quoted as saying how disappointed he was that the Bills couldn't find a decent QB to get him the ball since Jim Kelly left the team."

? This seems like something of an odd quote since, if I remember rightly, Moulds saw very limited playing time while Kelly was at qb and actually enjoyed his best seasons with Flutie at qb.

I see, so, to sum up what you just said

1] Because veterans didn't say anything in public about not liking or respecting, if not hating JP, it must be true, because they wouldn't come out and say it.

2] Since veteran players don't say what they really think to reporters, and few if any veterans stuck up for JP last year (which they did, by the way), they must hate him, because it's just true and we should just deal with it.

3] Since you havent spent any time in the Bills locker room since JP has been here, but you know veterans say stuff that is pretty nasty that isn't reported, they must have said stuff like that about Losman, since it wasn't reported.

Man, I can't believe what they think of him in the locker room. Not saying anything to reporters speaks volumns of their lack of respect for him.

Why isn't Charles Robinson reporting stuff like this?

646437[/snapback]

It's sort of like the guy who didn't go to Tulane so therefore he knows more about football than anybody else here.

In response to AFCBeast, the original guy said this:

No citation of anything. This is all one guy's thoughts, deductions arrived at because he feels a certain way about what he's read. It is meaningless. The only player who's gone on record is one who wants out of here anyway. The others know that there's a QB competition and you can't tell me for a minute that if Losman went out there and won it handily this summer that anybody in the Locker room would give a damn what number's on the jersey if the guy wearing it is performing. It's a new season with new circumstances, coaches, management, and opportunities for players to prove themselves.

People like this Yahoo tool are like John Clayton without the ESPN credibility (remember how Eric Moulds was cut a month ago? Yeah, me too.) They're wrong a lot of the time and people in their thirst for more information that they can pick up and then forget will eat it up. He's as likely making his own deductions from some scout who didn't like him at the combine and heard something from someone who heard something as he is getting info from a true inside source.

People making sh-- up and presenting it as fact does piss me off. I'm sorry more people are accepting of it around here.

“I tell the offensive guys, ‘You guys can hate me, but I’m going to push you guys as much as I’m going to push myself,’ ” he said.

^From the Article Above

If we get rid of a guy because a few of our vets couldn't take him trying to do what they so desperately wanted last year (win now) and couldn't seal the deal because of inexperience...God help this team. If this is going to be the way things go, just go the Al Davis way and sign a re-tread every couple of years for a quarter century and don't worry about drafting a freaking QB. This is sickening...