3) eball

4) Pete

5) Alaska Darin

6) Joe Six Pack

7) Promo the Robot

8) mead107

9) obie wan

bench warmer: cablelady

Perhaps we can convince ajzepp to persuade LanaK5 to be one of our coaches!  :doh:

PS: My apologies are extended to anyone who doesn't see this as a lame attempt at humor. This is NOT personal....just having fun.  :D

447632[/snapback]

I'm insulted. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

:doh:

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to "it wasn't drew's fault!" nation, dave.  i was a card carrying member for about a season and a half.

:doh:

447690[/snapback]

wait a second - it wasn't his fault last night!! and i do know that on too many occasions that it was his fault in the recent past. all i'm simply saying is that last night's performance shouldn't be viewed through the prism of his bills' experience.

by the way, why the cowboys went into shotgun on downs 2-4 in their last possession after picking up 6 on the ground on first down was horrible -- even gilbride like -- coaching. it was 4 down territory with plenty of time, and the skins were playing pass. they should have run at least one more time, especially with a great back like jones. i never liked sean payton much.

do YOU believe 13 points at home is enough to call bledsoe's performance "good?"

bledsoe has a big arm and throws a nice deep ball -- we all know that.  the TD was a trick play, was it not?

call me a hater if you like.  i'm glad bledsoe is disappointing another team's fans this season.

447642[/snapback]

Solid double from the number 3 hitter. Now batting clean-up Pete. :doh:

This thread is another hilarious example of why one should never post in real time as a game is in progress.

I will publically admit that I turned off the TV when Dallas kicked the FG to go up 13-0.

I'm kicking myself for it today.

Be honest, who else shut it down when it looked like Dallas had it in the bag?

The Blesoe haters were the same guys who thought he had a bad game last week when he was NFC offensive player of the week and had a 150 QB rating in a big win on the road against a tough opponent.

Whatever he does, the Blesoe haters will find some reason to criticize his performance. They especially did not like the way he let Santana Moss get behind him on those two bombs. Bledsoe should have used press coverage on both of those plays.

wait a second - it wasn't his fault last night!! and i do know that on too many occasions that it was his fault in the recent past.  all i'm simply saying is that last night's performance shouldn't be viewed through the prism of his bills' experience. 

by the way, why the cowboys went into shotgun on downs 2-4 in their last possession after picking up 6 on the ground on first down was horrible -- even gilbride like -- coaching. it was 4 down territory with plenty of time, and the skins were playing pass. they should have run at least one more time, especially with a great back like jones.  i never liked sean payton much.

447722[/snapback]

you did see me sticking my tongue out, right? :doh:

drew is what he is -- and parcells is doing everything in his power to make him into the "bus driver" he wants running the show.

Boy has this thread taken a predictable turn.

I'll turn the broken record player on again, last night's final 3 series were an eerie deja vu of our last 2 seasons.

I'm guessing many here went to the Mike Patrick school of statistics where stats other than the final score mean 90% of the game.

I hate to agree with nanook all the time, but he's right again. Drew was just good enough to lead to a 13 point effort by the offense. All other factors, intangible or not, do not mean much in the W/L column, because whatever reason you want to ascribe to it, Drew didn't make the critical plays to get the points that mattered.

It's foolish to assign all blame to him. But he also reaffirmed his mediocrity status in the last 3 possessions.

We can wax nostalgic about defensive collapses in the last minute, but when your HOF QB gets the ball on the 48 yard line, with 2 minutes and 30 seconds to play, armed with 2 timeouts, asking him to direct a 25 yard drive shouldn't be too much.

That's why I'll always believe in "potential" over known mediocrity.

We can wax nostalgic about defensive collapses in the last minute, but when your HOF QB gets the ball on the 48 yard line, with 2 minutes and 30 seconds to play, armed with 2 timeouts, asking him to direct a 25 yard drive shouldn't be too much.

447880[/snapback]

Regardless of what/why/who I think we can agree that we have seen that script play out numerous times. This season no more reruns. We'll get some stinckers and some winners, but thankfully not the SOS.

g many here went to the Mike Patrick school of statistics where stats other than the final score mean 90% of the game

The problem with that line is that the people who are bashing Bledsoe now were complaining about wins last year, even in blowout wins against teams like Seattle and St. Louis. ("Yeah, but he threw 3 INTs in the first quarter, so he obviously SUCKS!")

CW

The problem with that line is that the people who are bashing Bledsoe now were complaining about wins last year, even in blowout wins against teams like Seattle and St. Louis. ("Yeah, but he threw 3 INTs in the first quarter, so he obviously SUCKS!")

CW

447912[/snapback]

Since I don't buy that line of reasoning, I have the propensity to tune out stupid talk.

Let's not forget that the topic title is "Same Old Drew," which is right on the mark.

Since I don't buy that line of reasoning, I have the propensity to tune out stupid talk.

Let's not forget that the topic title is "Same Old Drew," which is right on the mark.

447924[/snapback]

Well since you were wrong last year, doesn't mean you're correct this year. While I buy the Drew needed to be gone rhetoric, he also didn't completely suck either. He is and average NFL starting QB, and things need to be done to accommodate his weaknesses. Parcells is better able to do that.

This has nothing to do with who our QB is.

He is and average NFL starting QB, and things need to be done to accommodate his weaknesses.  Parcells is better able to do that. 

447930[/snapback]

And therein lies the rub. In economics, it is known as opportunity cost - with resource constraints, allocating too much to one area necessarily requires a substraction from somewhere else. DB blew the last 2-3 series yesterday as I fully expected him to hit a few short passes to get the 25 yards needed for the FG. But came to the same conclusion as the title of this thread.

I'll turn the broken record player on again, last night's final 3 series were an eerie deja vu of our last 2 seasons.

I'm guessing many here went to the Mike Patrick school of statistics where stats other than the final score mean 90% of the game.

I hate to agree with nanook all the time, but he's right again.  Drew was just good enough to lead to a 13 point effort by the offense.  All other factors, intangible or not, do not mean much in the W/L column, because whatever reason you want to ascribe to it, Drew didn't make the critical plays to get the points that mattered.

It's foolish to assign all blame to him.  But he also reaffirmed his mediocrity status in the last 3 possessions.

447880[/snapback]

Great post. I'll only add that there are few things more fun than reading an in-game thread where the end of the game is dramatic, but reading that thread the next day.

"Bledsoe looks good."

"Brunell looks like crap."

"Wait. Brunell looks pretty good."

"Bledsoe only got them 13 points.

"Bledsoe sucks."

"Bledsoe-haters suck."

GG is right. Last night's Dallas performance looked a whole!@#$ofalot like some Bills games last year. There is no way Dallas should have been four-n-out at the end. No freakin' way.

Well since you were wrong last year, doesn't mean you're correct this year.  While I buy the Drew needed to be gone rhetoric, he also didn't completely suck either.  He is and average NFL starting QB, and things need to be done to accommodate his weaknesses.  Parcells is better able to do that. 

447930[/snapback]

Slow down there, sparky. Where was I wrong last year?

To be honest, I wanted Drew gone before he redid his contract in April '04. But as soon as he was inked for 3 years, there's not much we could do. I wasn't going to scream for his head, knowing that the alternative was Shane Matthews or Losman with a broken leg.

You see, I can make the distinction of being critical of the guy and knowing that we were stuck with him for the duration of '04.

2005 is a different matter, and while I hold no particular vendetta against Bledsoe, it's reassuring to see after last night's performance that Satan & Co made the right decision to let him go.

Who our QBs are this year is largely irrelevant to this thread, because Drew was done in Buffalo.

I hate to agree with nanook all the time, but he's right again.  Drew was just good enough to lead to a 13 point effort by the offense.  All other factors, intangible or not, do not mean much in the W/L column, because whatever reason you want to ascribe to it, Drew didn't make the critical plays to get the points that mattered.

It's foolish to assign all blame to him.  But he also reaffirmed his mediocrity status in the last 3 possessions.

447880[/snapback]

gerry - i agree with you 99% of the time, and i'm almost ready to agree with you here. but i do think the playcalling on the last possession was horrible, and moreover bledsoe hit the open guy for a first down on third down. the guy simply dropped it after getting hit. finally, on the cowboys previous possession, bledsoe sealed the victory. if that was holding on flozell adams, then every left tackle holds on every play of every game. that was a terrible call.

the outcome eerily recalled many recent memories, i'll grant you: buffalo at tennessee in 03; buffalo v. indy in 03; buffalo at kc in 02; buffalo at dallas in 03; in buffalo at home v. NE in 04; buffalo v. jax in 04 (although i'll always blame villarreal for that one); buffalo at the jets in 04; buffalo v. houston in 03.

however, the devil is in the details, as they say, and in this case an epochal defensive collapse plus a questionable call plus a WR drop all add up to one thing. bledsoe did everything he had to do to put his team in a position to win. he wasn't mediocre; he was good (at least las night).

gerry - i agree with you 99% of the time, and i'm almost ready to agree with you here. but i do think the playcalling on the last possession was horrible, and moreover bledsoe hit the open guy for a first down on third down. the guy simply dropped it after getting hit.  finally, on the cowboys previous possession, bledsoe sealed the victory. if that was holding on flozell adams, then every left tackle holds on every play of every game.  that was a terrible call. 

the outcome eerily recalled many recent memories, i'll grant you: buffalo at tennessee in 03; buffalo v. indy in 03; buffalo at kc in 02; buffalo at dallas in 03; in buffalo at home v. NE in 04; buffalo v. jax in 04 (although i'll always blame villarreal for that one); buffalo at the jets in 04; buffalo v. houston in 03. 

however, the devil is in the details, as they say, and in this case an epochal defensive collapse plus a questionable call plus a WR drop all add up to one thing. bledsoe did everything he had to do to put his team in a position to win. he wasn't mediocre; he was good (at least las night).

448022[/snapback]

I would agree with you if Dallas offense managed to score more than 13. For instance, there was absolutely no fault with Bledose's performance last week, and if SD had pulled it out in the last econd, Drew would be the last person to shoulder the blame.

But now, you'll have to add this game to Drew's repertoire that you highlighted above.

I think this is where we get into the chicken/egg situation wrt Bledsoe & playcalling. How much do you think Peyton is keeping the playbook in check because Drew is his QB? In the critical situation like the ending series, the advantage went to Greggo, because Parcells had to guess the defensive alignment, not the other way around.

Whether Drew looked ok for most of the game is largely irrelevant to me, because he continues to reaffirm his mediocrity when a team needs a lift. It's especially galling when you see highlights of a one legged Byron Leftwich moving his team farther with less time on the clock.

As to the holding call, it usually would not be called. But the DE was close enough to knocking the ball out of Drew's hand that the flag had to be thrown.