Same old Drew

Pete

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like he was horrible or cost his team the game, but at the same time he didn't really do a whole lot to help his team at home in a primetime divisional matchup. Most troublesome of all is that he continues to make some questionable decisions (or even do really really stupid things) at very key times of the game, even though he now has the advantage of having Parcells.

I thought the Tuna would get a decent year out of him as in the past he's really the only one who's been able to coach him up near his potential. Last night didn't really dissuade me from that opinion but I was a little surprised to already see him making some of thsoe twitchy plays.

Cya

P.S. Hey Exiled, I like your tag line. But I beleive this "See them gaily dance about", should actually be "See them gaily gad about"

He had 2 fumbles... None were lost though... for -2 yards.

Maybe they are "teaching" him to pick up his own fumbles better?

That is the kind of stat that will come back to bite you in the arse more times than not.

:doh:  :D

447527[/snapback]

Losman had four passes hit the Bucs in the hands. Maybe the coaches are "teaching" him to throw uncatchable balls?

"Almost interceptions" count just as much as "almost lost fumbles."

CW

It's not like he was horrible or cost his team the game, but at the same time he didn't really do a whole lot to help his team at home in a primetime divisional matchup. Most troublesome of all is that he continues to make some questionable decisions (or even do really really stupid things) at very key times of the game, even though he now has the advantage of having Parcells.

I thought the Tuna would get a decent year out of him as in the past he's really the only one who's been able to coach him up near his potential. Last night didn't really dissuade me from that opinion but I was a little surprised to already see him making some of thsoe twitchy plays.

447531[/snapback]

That's exactl it, Simon.....my biggest problem with Drew was twofold: I hated when he turned the ball over at the worst times, and I hated the fact that you couldn't rely on him to take the team on his shoulders and win the game for us - a la Mark Brunnell :doh:

Yet he put his team in a position to win.  His defense gives up two huge bombs in the final 3 minutes and his kicker misses a chipshot.

447493[/snapback]

He didn't put his team in... The return man after Washington's second TD did.

He returned it to the Washington 48. Not even 1/2 a field with eternity on the clock (just under 2).

All DB had to do was engineer a first down and get the ball another 15 yards... Comfortably, I say comfortably 30 yards.

If that would have happened, made the FG and Wash still went on to win... I would call it a wash for DB.

As it stands now... He didn't get it done.

If it wasn't for Shotzy's 4 pass calls from within the 5 last week... It wouldn't have been good enough last week... Even know he had a bang up game.

The D does stink in Big D. Is probably the excuse?

Losman had four passes hit the Bucs in the hands.  Maybe the coaches are "teaching" him to throw uncatchable balls?

CW

447535[/snapback]

No... Totally not.

At times it (near ints) can be seen like the goalie playing the angle and the puck hits the pipe.

Fumbles are much worse, even if they are not lost... They do lose yards... Especially the ones DB causes.

He didn't put his team in... The return man after Washington's second TD did.

He returned it to the Washington 48.  Not even 1/2 a field with eternity on the clock (just under 2).

All DB had to do was engineer a first down and get the ball another 15 yards... Comfortably, I say comfortably 30 yards.

If that would have happened, made the FG and Wash still went on to win... I would call it a wash for DB.

As it stands now... He didn't get it done.

If it wasn't for Shotzy's 4 pass calls from within the 5 last week... It wouldn't have been good enough last week... Even know he had a bang up game.

The D does stink in Big D.  Is probably the excuse?

447549[/snapback]

Good work EIL, but I don't think I can squeeze you into the starting lineup.

mead107 deserves his due, and bats 8th. :doh:

CW

447535[/snapback]

I agree with that.

Interestingly enough I missed all the posts where you defended Losman for having 0 turnovers in the same way that you've now made a couple different posts defending Bledsoe for having 0 fumbles lost.

I guess I'll have to pay closer attention in the future as I'm sure you'd maintain consistency to the best of your ability, and of course make every effort to treat the Bills QB's with at least as much respect as you would the Cowboys QB's. :doh:

I guess I'll have to pay closer attention in the future as I'm sure you'd maintain consistency to the best of your ability, and of course make every effort to treat the Bills QB's with at least as much respect as you would the Cowboys QB's.  :doh:

447563[/snapback]

Good luck with that.

I agree with that.

Interestingly enough I missed all the posts where you defended Losman for having 0 turnovers in the same way that you've now made a couple different posts defending Bledsoe for having 0 fumbles lost.

I guess I'll have to pay closer attention in the future as I'm sure you'd maintain consistency to the best of your ability, and of course make every effort to treat the Bills QB's with at least as much respect as you would the Cowboys QB's.  :doh:

447563[/snapback]

How can they be worse than the ball bouncing on the ground? Lot more intangibles there.

Yes, Rico is my leadoff man. He can get on base with the sheer volume of hate.

My cleanup hitter is my man Pete. He is the strong man of the haters. The guy can come back from a once in a lifetime European vacation and hit the "hate" ground running.

He is a great "RBI" man as well, whereas he can deliver extra points of hate to already existing hateful posts.

Right now, I am going with AD batting 5th.

I hope that you guys know that this is all in fun.  :o  :doh:

447454[/snapback]

:D:doh::lol:

I don't start that many posts, so you've gotta move me down in the order. :o

and Spiked deserves at least 2 spots in the line-up. :lol:

I agree with that.

447563[/snapback]

Losman doesn't need people defending him - he already has most of the board, so why bother throwing in a "me too!"

I've been defending the defense from people who are saying they played like crap all game.

CW

:doh:  :D  :doh:

I don't start that many posts, so you've gotta move me down in the order. :o

and Spiked deserves at least 2 spots in the line-up. :lol:

447568[/snapback]

Please don't argue with the manager. The "hate" lineup is my responsibility. My job as manager is on the line.

Now, lead off with an inside the parker. If you reach first base the "steal" sign is on.....fell free to raise a point already made by a fellow hater! :o:lol:

Please don't argue with the manager.  The "hate" lineup is my responsibility. My job as manager is on the line.

Now, lead off with an inside the parker. If you reach first base the "steal" sign is on.....fell free to raise a point already made by a fellow hater!  :doh:  :D

447576[/snapback]

Glad I am not on this gay team. :doh: