• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all you that are so proud of Drews 90 rating for one game-

Drews rating his rookie year- 65

JPs current rookie rating- 72.2

450168[/snapback]

Hell, it took Drew 4 years before he threw more TDs than INTs and his QB rating in those first 3 years capped out at 73.6

Newsflash:  We were NEVER going to win it all with Drew Bledsoe at quarterback.  Don't believe that?  Go back and watch the NE and Pittsburgh games last season.  We could have the friggin '76 Steel Curtain or '85 Bears and the mediocre play from #11 would somehow get us beat when it mattered most.

Apparently this is an incredibly difficult concept for you.

450408[/snapback]

Newsflash: The way it looks now, the better QB is Bledsoe.

Newsflash: We disagree.

Newsflash: JP better learn how to be effective when the other team is selling out to stop the run.

Newsflash: I wanted the QB who was going to put us in the best position to win games this year (the way we won most of our games after game four last year) and not waste our defense this year.

Newsflash: I hope that I am wrong and JP is the guy who is going to take us to the promised land.

Newsflash: You Bledsoe haters even criticized Bledsoe's performance when he won NFC offensive player of the week. That tells you more about your agenda than about Drew.

Newsflash: The way it looks now, the better QB is Bledsoe.

An 11 year veteran with a HoF coach is better than a rookie with 2 games under his belt and a 2nd year HC? There's news.

Newsflash: We disagree.

Duh.

Newsflash: JP better learn how to be effective when the other team is selling out to stop the run.

Why? Bledsoe STILL hasn't.

Newsflash: I wanted the QB who was going to put us in the best position to win games this year (the way we won most of our games after game four last year) and not waste our defense this year.

Then start Holcomb because he's better than both. As if Drew would have gotten it done in Tampa, with all his success against fast, physical defenses in a Buffalo uniform.

Newsflash: I hope that I am wrong and JP is the guy who is going to take us to the promised land.

I don't know if he is or not. I know Bledsoe never would have.

Newsflash: You Bledsoe haters even criticized Bledsoe's performance when he won NFC offensive player of the week.  That tells you more about your agenda than about Drew.

450647[/snapback]

Despite Drew's "OPotW" award, his team was STILL one smart Schottenheimer decision from a loss. Those awards mean crap and the fact that you're hanging your hat on such a thing shows just how lame your argument is.

Drew Bledsoe is a dinosaur in today's NFL. He continues to show the very same faults that have plagued him for years and will be exposed over and over again. Luckily for him, he faces a very easy schedule outside his own division this season. He may even sneak into the playoffs and get another chance to get blown out.

An 11 year veteran with a HoF coach is better than a rookie with 2 games under his belt and a 2nd year HC?  There's news.

450722[/snapback]

AD, you're beating your head against a wall. the apologists don't understand that we're not comparing JP to bledsoe -- we're simply saying that bledsoe is bledsoe and we're glad he's gone.

I'm no fan of Bledsoe but it's his fault Roy Williams got dusted by Santana Moss twice?

Granted, Drew's last couple of series were bad. I attribute part of that to the moronic playcalling of Sean Payton. The Giants had him here and he stunk.

I saw a couple of bad calls. Like that short pass Drew tried on third down up 13-7. Well, let's see. Who called it? Payton. You got to at least get to the marker to get a first down. Typical bs call.

At least Drew found chemistry with Terry Glenn :D.

I'm no fan of Bledsoe but it's his fault Roy Williams got dusted by Santana Moss twice?

Granted, Drew's last couple of series were bad. I attribute part of that to the moronic playcalling of Sean Payton. The Giants had him here and he stunk.

I saw a couple of bad calls. Like that short pass Drew tried on third down up 13-7. Well, let's see. Who called it? Payton. You got to at least get to the marker to get a first down. Typical bs call.

At least Drew found chemistry with Terry Glenn :D.

450755[/snapback]

aren't you about 8 or 9 pages late to this discussion? it has all been said. bledsoe is bledsoe. hence the thread title.

An 11 year veteran with a HoF coach is better than a rookie with 2 games under his belt and a 2nd year HC?  There's news.

Duh.

450722[/snapback]

Let's all admit then the decision to give JP the QB job is more about the future than what he can do this year.

Let's just chalk this up as a year for JP to learn how to be a QB and hopefully we will not lose too many critical players when he finally learns how to beat defenses when they are defending against the run.

In the meantime, I think that it is fair to look at what the other guy is doing now. I realize that whatever the other guy does, the "haters" on this board will find some critique. Whatever.

P.S. "Duh" - of course we disagree. When we start agreeing on something is when I will start to get worried.

P.P.S. It is quite humorous that you guys cannot give Bledsoe his do and are so quick to dismiss his offensive player of the week award. I guess that the people that vote on that somehow must have missed the insightful pontification of the haters club on this board.

starting Drwe this season for us would have been like going to the prom with your female friend...yah you have a date and you'll prolly have a fun time, but the most you are gonna get out of the night is a case of blue balls...

(Bills with drew would finish anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7, ending with most likely missing the playoffs)

JP is like going to prom with that hot girl that you dont really know...sure you may wind up getting dumped halfway through the damn thing, but at least with her, you have a shot at not going home until the next morning...

(Bills with JP may finish 6-10, but also may go 11-5 and make the playoffs)

aren't you about 8 or 9 pages late to this discussion?  it has all been said.  bledsoe is bledsoe.  hence the thread title.

450761[/snapback]

Sure, Drew is Drew. You call him a statue for a reason. But when his team led 13-0 with 3:46 left, it should have been in the bag.

450647[/snapback]

Well then you better call the NFL and get the Rams, Seahawks, Cardinals, Browns, and 49ers back on the schedule. Our defense dominated these stojan teams so completely that we could've had this guy playing and we still would've won.