Caleb Williams is off to a rough rookie start

It was a few years ago. Romo had a zoom chat with Allen, Darnold, and Jones. Allen was going into his 3rd season when this was going on. Romo basically said when discussing young QB's coming into the league that some produce right away and some take a couple of years to develop. He mentioned that if a QB has the "IT" factor they will show it by year 3. If it hasn't happened by then it mostly likely won't happen. Sometimes it will "Geno Smith" but most times it won't.

16 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Same reports came about CJ Stroud last year, look how he turned out. Not saying Williams is Stroud, things can change in a matter of months.

Same report came out about EJ Manuel. Look how that turned out. 😆 

• Haha (+1) 5

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

It's like.....rookie minicamp and what, 3 OTA practices for the guy?  This is just silly.  He really hasn't even HAD a start yet.

Or even a Preseason game. 

Personally, I want my rookie QB letting it rip in camp. Can he make this throw? what about this one? What happens if I make this read? Mistakes are a good things. It why I'm really high on a guy like Richardson or Levis because they don't always have clean tape, but they let it rip. Bryce Young on the other hand, holds the ball like hes scared to make a mistake. If that doesnt change, hes got no chance 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Thanks for posting. I literally thought of the same cartoon. 

Those Bang Cartoons were the best.  

Do you remember the one about Bledsoe?  LMAO 

4 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

The ones with Pacman Jones were hysterical.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Gregg said:

The ones with Pacman Jones were hysterical.

LOL, they were all hilarious.  The one with Madden losing his head over Favre.  😭  

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I know he’s just getting used to the NFL but I always thought this talk of Caleb being this once in 5 year kinda talent was little off. Everytime I saw him go against a defense with a pulse in college he struggled. Hopefully that isn’t the case for the Bears sake.

Having seen his act at OU then USC,he is going to be a bust.  His dad is an assclown and will be in the media causing **** as his son fails. 

4 hours ago, DJB said:

Remember when Chase couldn’t catch a football a few years ago? 

This is nothing to even worry about the kid will be fine 

It was because of those reports that Chase slid in the 1st round of my keeper league and I was able to get him at the 9th pick.

I have my doubts about Williams and his ability to lead a room of men and as another poster mentioned, the Bears organization doesn’t do QB well.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

As a USC alum I watched a lot of him over the last two years. He can be extremely reckless with the football. That simply isn’t going to cut it in the NFL. He’s a human highlight reel but sometimes for the OTHER team. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

Same reports came about CJ Stroud last year, look how he turned out. Not saying Williams is Stroud, things can change in a matter of months.

One season does not make a career. Let's see how he does now that there is 17 games of tape on him

13 minutes ago, julian said:

It was because of those reports that Chase slid in the 1st round of my keeper league and I was able to get him at the 9th pick.

I have my doubts about Williams and his ability to lead a room of men and as another poster mentioned, the Bears organization doesn’t do QB well.

The Bears should have moved on from Eberflus. That team is loaded and they are banking on a guy with a 10-24 record. Bears have this weird history of drafting a QB then firing the coach a year later. Did with Fox/Trubisky, then Nagy and Fields. Probably not the best way to develop a guy

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If Williams doesn't work out, it's time for the Bears & Jets to be banned from drafting 1st round QBs.  

I'll repeat an unpopular belief of mine: Coaches don't ruin QBs, scouts & GMs ruin their teams with bad QB choices.  It was never the Bills coaches who ruined EJ & JP, it was bad scouting. They would have been busts with any coach.  

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

That was hilarious. It’s the last bit on the clip. 

So much good stuff on those cartoons. they were relentless on Dan Snyder. 

• Haha (+1) 1