Von Miller +25,000 DPOY Odds

Serious Question - Can Von Miller bet on himself here, or is that against league rules? I'd be genuinely curious if this were allowed, how many players would bet on themselves to win certain awards... 

Like Herc said - chances are slim to none that any of our defensive linemen are considered for this, but i'd still be curious!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Conlan58 said:

Serious Question - Can Von Miller bet on himself here, or is that against league rules? I'd be genuinely curious if this were allowed, how many players would bet on themselves to win certain awards... 

Like Herc said - chances are slim to none that any of our defensive linemen are considered for this, but i'd still be curious!

Not allowed 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Conlan58 said:

That's not a serious question

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I actually don’t hate the idea. There are probably 100ish - 150ish guys that COULD be DPOY if things go perfectly. Miller is probably one of them. He will need to be around 20 sacks. He did have 18.5 once. Obviously he’s way less likely than Watt or Garrett or Parsons but still POSSIBLE. At 250/1, it’s worth a few bucks. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Herc11 said:

Dpoy isn't in the cards for our d-line. The rotation takes away too many opportunities.

Most dlines rotate in the NFL. People who think the Bills are unique by rotating just don't understand how common it is. Not saying that is you, but I see a lot of people complaining about the dline rotation.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I actually don’t hate the idea. There are probably 100ish - 150ish guys that COULD be DPOY if things go perfectly. Miller is probably one of them. He will need to be around 20 sacks. He did have 18.5 once. Obviously he’s way less likely than Watt or Garrett or Parsons but still POSSIBLE. At 250/1, it’s worth a few bucks. 

I agree. And all it takes is for Watt or Garrett to get injured and miss some weeks, and then it really opens it up.

Posted (edited)

I don't think Von wins DPOY, but I actually think the "Von is over-the-hill" narrative is head-scratching.

Throw out his play from last season.  History says that players take more than a full calendar year to fully recover from an ACL tear and often closer to 2 full calendar years to round back into form.  We saw that happen with Tre White and it happens time and time again with players in the NFL.

So the only argument regarding Von is his age.  @GunnerBill said this offseason that Von is washed and he thinks there's something like a 5% chance Von has any impact on the team this year.  That's really the way almost everyone feels.  He's a complete afterthought.

Do you guys not remember how Von was playing up until that Thanksgiving game in 2022????  It's not like he showed any signs of age whatsoever.  The guy had 8 sacks in 11 games and was still a game-wrecker.  Didn't look like a 33 year old pass rusher in any way.

We know he works.  We know he wants to win.  And we know he believes in himself.

I think Von is going to have a very productive season this year.  He may not get double digit sacks, but as a DPR I could absolutely see him getting 6-10 sacks.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

Not allowed 

What if he did it for charity?

Honestly curious...be a cool public way for public interest...hmmm but may sway the voting...I can see it still being illegal...

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't think Von wins DPOY, but I actually think the "Von is over-the-hill" narrative is head-scratching.

Throw out his play from last season.  History says that players take more than a full calendar year to fully recover from an ACL tear and often closer to 2 full calendar years to round back into form.  We saw that happen with Tre White and it happens time and time again with players in the NFL.

So the only argument regarding Von is his age.  @GunnerBill said this offseason that Von is washed and he thinks there's something like a 5% chance Von has any impact on the team this year.  That's really the way almost everyone feels.  He's a complete afterthought.

Do you guys not remember how Von was playing up until that Thanksgiving game in 2022????  It's not like he showed any signs of age whatsoever.  The guy had 8 sacks in 11 games and was still a game-wrecker.  Didn't look like a 33 year old pass rusher in any way.

We know he works.  We know he wants to win.  And we know he believes in himself.

I think Von is going to have a very productive season this year.  He may not get double digit sacks, but as a DPR I could absolutely see him getting 6-10 sacks.

The Von Miller that had 8 sacks in 11 games was 'only' 33 years old and was not coming off a major knee injury. 

The 2024 Von Miller is 35 years old and coming off a major knee injury.

I'd put the betting line for his sack total on the season at 4.5

• Agree 1