Athletic subscription problems

Is anyone else having trouble logging into your Athletic subscription?  My email/password don't work, and the system does not send me a link to update my password.  I renewed my subscription for a year, last September.  And there doesn't seem to be any way to get help without logging in first.

4 hours ago, boyst said:

Removepaywall.net or archive today will get you all of this without any of these problems. You're welcome. 

Does this work for….all sites…..

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

Does this work for….all sites…..

si

https://www.removepaywall.com/

https://archive.ph/

removepaywall usually works

archive today scours the archived webpages in databases, including the websites own archive then provides a link. it may not display 100% of the graphics or other flash/videos but most content is there.

both work for about any paywall from USA Today, The Athletic, etc.

and i realize this isn't friendly for journalists but, as they recommended to the displaced coal workers - the journalists could lrn2code. at least, if they did, they could keep people from cracking their sites.

11 hours ago, Utah John said:

Is anyone else having trouble logging into your Athletic subscription?  My email/password don't work, and the system does not send me a link to update my password.  I renewed my subscription for a year, last September.  And there doesn't seem to be any way to get help without logging in first.

it looks like the Athletic has been absorbed by the New York Times.

It looks like you need to create a new password for a NYT login and you'll be good to go. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Utah John said:

Sort of, I had to enter a new password, which I used my  old password, and I am in.  It alleges I now have access to the Athletic and the NY Times.  I don't like paying a nickel to the NYT btw.  I am bundled until I  unbundle I guess.  Of course, I knew the NYT bought the Athletic perhaps a year ago.  I am good w  sports news, but don't like the left ward spin out of the rest of the NYT content.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

No but did have some issues on BN site

The Buffalo News is messed up.  I called because my online account, rather than renewing, was showing as permanently stopped.  I called the number and the gal in the call center said that they were doing system upgrades that temporarily cancelled everyone's subscription.  I was able to access the e-edition on my phone, but hopefully this gets fixed soon.

15 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

The Buffalo News is messed up.  I called because my online account, rather than renewing, was showing as permanently stopped.  I called the number and the gal in the call center said that they were doing system upgrades that temporarily cancelled everyone's subscription.  I was able to access the e-edition on my phone, but hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Without my permission the BN just renewed by digital subscription for $150 for 6 months.  I called, ended up with someone in the Philippines.  Didn’t know they dumped the local customer service.  I got my price to where it was previously at $90 for 6 months, and even with that, I may be done after this period ends. 

5 hours ago, Clemfield2622 said:

it looks like the Athletic has been absorbed by the New York Times.

It looks like you need to create a new password for a NYT login and you'll be good to go. 

gross. use paywall blockers and such. corporate media is grosssssss

50 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Ok so that may explain what happened.