Xavier Worthy injured during 1st practice as a Chief

Posted (edited)

Well, that clinches it. McDermott is 100% validated, now beyond question. He "tricked" the Super Bowl winners into getting the speedy wide receiver they wanted, (the fact that the Bills were in dire need of one notwithstanding), and now said receiver appears to have a seemingly minor injury. Thanks McD!!!

At least we have a new safety and a 6'2" Defensive Tackle who will "lead the team." 

What would we do without you Coach?

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Mahomes was also in Miami for the F1 race. Can't believe he wasn't working out with his new WRs. How dare he does anything other than football. 

If Josh had been at that race, there would be a whole thread on here about him being lazy. Aaron Rodgers was at the Kentucky Derby. Why wasn’t he throwing with his new WRs? Pacheco and Kelce were there too, and not in Miami bonding with Pat Pat and Britt, who had a romantic night out in Miami where they were seen spending thousands on champers. In case you can’t tell, I just went down a TMZ rabbit hole and I can’t climb out. 

• Like (+1) 1

Should surprise no-one, he is small even compared to Tua, the guy is gonna have to learn how to fall down, and or get back up after he gets drilled to the ground, non contact injuries don’t bode well for little guys…, 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Should surprise no-one, he is small even compared to Tua, the guy is gonna have to learn how to fall down, and or get back up after he gets drilled to the ground, non contact injuries don’t bode well for little guys…, 

Mark Kelso could show Tua and Worthy how to become a fashion craze with the ole bubble helmet.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

https://fox4kc.com/sports/chiefs/chiefs-worthy-exits-early-rookies-impress-in-first-day-of-minicamp/amp/

Chiefs’ Worthy exits early, rookies impress in first day of minicamp

The Kansas City Chiefs’ 2024 first-round pick did not finish his first practice as a pro.

In the latter half of practice during a play during the team session, wide receiver Xavier Worthy ran a go route and attempted to stretch for the ball. After the play, Worthy stretched his left leg before walking gingerly to the sideline.

He took his helmet off but later put it back on after taking a drink and talking with trainers and coaches. Worthy jogged to certain spots throughout the rest of practice but did not take another rep.

It was the end of the day for the 28th overall pick.

This worked out well last time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I actually thought of this when I saw the thread and said, "Nope, keeping my mouth shut." :lol:

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

I actually thought of this when I saw the thread and said, "Nope, keeping my mouth shut." :lol:

Part of me blames you for Mahomes. Not a big part, but at least 1%.

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Huh, whatever happened to JeffisMagic? Did he formally convert to Chiefs fandom? I remember he was obsessed with Mahomes. 

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I am more interested in seeing how he stands up to the LOS bumping and aggressive tackling of NFL DBs. Does his body hold up? Will he keep holding on to the ball after hits?

I didn't wish injury on anyone of course but the small frame will be an issue. I think he will still make a few highlight plays, hopefully not against us

The other thing to is if the hits leave a little soreness in his rib area or somewhere else, how will that translate to his speed?  Likely take a couple tenths off to the point Coleman could beat him in a race. 

Also have to wonder how much training he put into the 40  time at the combine so he was primed for that as knew his best chance at getting drafted high was going to be based on his 40 time.  Now in regular football mode, things are different.   Before he pulled the hammy, could he have gone out there in their mini camp and run the same time, I'd bet not

• Agree 3

27 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Huh, whatever happened to JeffisMagic? Did he formally convert to Chiefs fandom? I remember he was obsessed with Mahomes. 

Pretty sure he did. Some people had said they saw him on their message board. 

And this was the concern with Worthy, can he hold up in the league. This would be like Coleman having every pass catching attempt broken up by the DB due to zero separation in his first practice.

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

This thread is full of steaming hot takes. 

it’s been 1 day.

Maybe let this play out to see what actually happens. 

Better than the steaming hot takes after the draft before any days 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1