Roast of Brady!

14 minutes ago, Sweats said:

For a time there, the face of our franchise was Brian Moorman.......a punter.

Yeah, just let that sink in.

Exactly. For most of Brady's time in NE we just were not a serious franchise. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Gregg said:

32-3 record against the Bills. 7 Super Bowl championships. He is not wrong here.

Hell he might be the GOAT on those 2 stats alone !!

No matter what any of the haters think he was 1 bad man on the field for a very long time and you don't stay that good for that long because your lucky . 

Every sport has a chosen few over time that will be inshrined as the best to ever play the game in their time .

The NBA had M.J., Magic, Byrd, Kareem,  MLB had Rose, Ruth, N. Ryan, the NFL has Sweetness, Montana, L.T. & Brady !! 

Unfortunately he owned the Bills in his time ...

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Did they 'roast' him about the real extent of his cheating - not just jokey-joke deflategate but the whole systemic cheating that resulted in his and the Cheaters success - did they 'roast' him what a complete fraud he his.

Couldn't make me watch this with a gun to my head.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

• Simon locked this topic
  • Simon unlocked this topic

The whole thing was a hoot.

Jeff Ross, Nikki Glazer, and Tony Hinchcliffe were the best among the comedians.

As for the football people, I thought Belichick did a good job, and it was cool of him to show up and do some roasting. Julian Edelman was particularly funny. Whoever wrote his jokes did a great job. Gronk was...not great. 

All in all, I enjoyed it quite a lot. 

For those saying they didn't watch the roast because they don't like Brady: Ummm...I think you might wanna look up what a "roast" is. It was literally two and a half hours of people ripping Tom Brady apart and talking about what weirdo and an ####### he is. Yeah, it's held in his honor, but so what? The whole point of the whole thing was to rip the dude apart, and everyone obliged. It was entertaining.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

The roast was decent, but it seems we have a lot of secret Brady/Pats fans around here. 

No offense…but I can’t stand childish and ridiculous comments like this.  First of all, if you have a pulse and just like comedy that alone is worth the watch because it was hilarious.  Second, loving watching Brady and other Pats get shredded all night does not make you a Pats fan.  Hating the Pats made it that much better.  

And third, some of us love football in general.  So you can respect someone for what they were and still dislike them.  

3 hours ago, boyst said:

it's one thing to respect the mans status as an elite QB but it's another thing to gobble his scrote like he's something more than a sportsball player. for all the good he has done on the field, lets recap the reality of this guy being nothing special:

1) he left his pregnant girlfriend to hook up with Gizell Bunchen

2) he pushes fake/weird medicine to people as some sort of pyramid scheme voodoo TB12 plan

3) he chose to play 1 more year of mediocre football instead of spend time with his family & wife

4) he cheated multiple times (unnecessarily) in his profession

5) he treated others poorly as a teammate multiple times and showed poor sportsmanship against opponents multiple times.

Sorry, i do not fanfare ordinary people who throw the ball real good. he's just another 40something year old who had a midlife crisis after knocking up Monihan in my books.

I dont think you know what a roast is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No offense…but I can’t stand childish and ridiculous comments like this.  First of all, if you have a pulse and just like comedy that alone is worth the watch because it was hilarious.  Second, loving watching Brady and other Pats get shredded all night does not make you a Pats fan.  Hating the Pats made it that much better.  

And third, some of us love football in general.  So you can respect someone for what they were and still dislike them.  

I dont think you know what a roast is.

The Nikki Glaser set was so damn good. 

also Kevin Hart laughing uncontrollably at “aw hell naw” may have been my favorite part of the show. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How is no one talking about this Live roast of Brady on Netflix tonight?  It’s epic and hilarious.  I was stunned to come here and no one in shout box talking about it and no threads on it.  Kevin Hart annihilated him on the opening monologue hahaha.  

This has been one of the best roasts for sure

Roast itself was good, minus the Aaron Hernandez suicide jokes. 

Dude committed a crime, condemn him for that...but suicide shouldn't be joked about on national tv....during MH awareness month, Hernandez still has a daughter, I could go on and on.  

That part wasn't smart to include IMO.  Rest of the roast was great though

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Anyone notice how Bill Belichick rushed over to shake Peyton Manning's hand? Brady saw and put his head down and turned away.

It's so hilarious how much bad blood there is between Brady, Belichick, and Kraft. Belichick wanting nothing to do with getting up there with Kraft, but he had to.

Word—if reports are to be believed, Kraft sandbagging Belichick’s job chances with the Falcons should be the source of ongoing bad blood for years to come! 

Roasts used to be a tribute to a great person. Now roasts are used as PR damage control. For example Charlie Sheen and Donald Trump. That's because a roast used to show how affable you were, and how well you could take a deprecating joke. Now they're pitched by public relations teams to minimize the damage of the most recurring zingers by saying "We've heard that one before. That's old." At best you feel sorry for him. They're hoping people "took it too far." That way he can get sympathy. Slowly rebuild his image, like Alex Rodriguez, Barry Bonds, Mark Maguire.... a theme perhaps? Too on the nose? 

Tom Brady is trying to become a mogul. Why isn't everyone falling over themselves to recruit him into their ownership team? Primarily because he's viewed by the public as a cheater. The NFL can put out the goat narrative all they want, but they have to wait 20 years until there's a generation that only has heard of his accomplishments and not the asterisks. It's going to be quite a task for the PR team because, at best, they can only portray him as an unwitting accomplice to the many scandals of his team. Which is a risk as it contributes to his secondary view is as of a dumped ex-husband who chose an overextended career over his model wife and creepy mouth kisses with the kids. 

The truly sad part is that everyone who participated in the roast Kraft, Belichick, Gronk, etc felt that it truly wouldn't harm their already tainted reputation any more than cheating already has. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Enough crying about the AH jokes.. it’s a roast wtf, the dude was a POS who ended lives and ruined many others including his own child.

To the people complaining about it, don’t watch roasts, they’re no topics off limits and certainly not AH and him doing the world a favour and self deleting.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, julian said:

Enough crying about the AH jokes.. it’s a roast wtf, the dude was a POS who ended lives and ruined many others including his own child.

To the people complaining about it, don’t watch roasts, they’re no topics off limits and certainly not AH and him doing the world a favour and self deleting.

Right?  

It’s ***** comedy lighten the ***** up

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, TD716 said:

To bring up the mafia on his nationally televised roast tells me we got under his skin. 

By the looks of this thread I’d say the other way around. 

Brady made fun of half of the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1