Rookie class- best Buffalo bills career

I thought it would be interesting to find out to see how everyone would rank who from this draft class will have the best Buffalo bills career. My list is below 1 being the best and 10 the worst.

1. Bishop

2. Van Pran Granger

3. Coleman

4. Davis

5. Hardy

6. Carter

7. Solomon

8. Ulofoshio

9. Grable

10. Clayton

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, wppete said:

1. Coleman

2. Bishop

3. Solomon

4. Van Pran

5. Carter

6. Davis

7. Hardy

8. Ulofoshio

9. Grable

10. Clayton

Sitting here right now I see 2nd contracts for the 1st 6 listed.  Several pro bowls and maybe a couple all pro selections out of that group 

• Like (+1) 3

Van Pran Granger will be the best player of the group and will be a mainstay of our OL for the next 10+ years. 

Bishop will be next and will be a starter for this team for at least 7 years or more. 

Coleman will probably be next on the list. We’ll have him for 7-8 years id guess. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 6

I’m not in any position to rank these incredible-men-to-be-Bills, but judging from mrags and sooner, this was one really productive draft class…so makes my day brighter, so drink tastes better, etc etc

Posted (edited)

Granger is the most likely to have a long career as a starter.

My guy is DeWayne Carter. Once I started watching him after the draft I really liked what I see. He stopped us from drafting Javon Baker or Troy Franklin so I wanted to be mad at the pick. After watching him I had nothing bad to say.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

image.png.dfd9594b2e27aa624d1ddd9d10a288c0.png

3 hours ago, khlax3 said:

I thought it would be interesting to find out to see how everyone would rank who from this draft class will have the best Buffalo bills career. My list is below 1 being the best and 10 the worst.

1. Bishop

2. Van Pran Granger

3. Coleman

4. Davis

5. Hardy

6. Carter

7. Solomon

8. Ulofoshio

9. Grable

10. Clayton

image.png.f8e4532d8875f9b396fe04472fa1df1e.png

3 hours ago, wppete said:

1. Coleman

2. Bishop

3. Solomon

4. Van Pran

5. Carter

6. Davis

7. Hardy

8. Ulofoshio

9. Grable

10. Clayton

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

With the exception of Van Pran-Granger, I don't feel strongly in either direction for anyone.

I think VPG will compete for a starting spot & eventually be the C that anchors the OL.

• Like (+1) 1

As long as Josh Allen is throwing the rock, our receivers are going to be in demand elsewhere due to their great stats.  So, losing some in the future ala Davis is likely imho.  Perhaps Shakir will fit that mold if he develops more this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

The NFL stands for Not For Long. 

1. Van Pran - 10 year plus career+
2. Bishop - 10 year career.  Good safeties can easily play into their 30s

3. Coleman - receivers seem to burn out in their early 30s. 7-8 years 

After those 3, it’s hard a gauge

4. Carter - it will depend if he can develop into a starter. As a rotational player maybe 5-6 years, although Harrison Phillips is playing good ball since he left.

5. Davis - He plays out his rookie deal and then maybe plays a year or two elsewhere.  Too much tread already off the tire.

6. Solomon and Ulofoshio. Odds are they don’t even play out their rookie deals. Ulofoshio is older and Solomon small for his position.

7.  Hardy. Feels like the Andy Isabella of CBs. Lots of years on practice squads.

8. The two OTs. They won’t play a down in the NFL.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, MJS said:

1. Coleman

2. Bishop

3. Van Pran

4. Solomon

5. Carter

6. Ulofoshio

7. Hardy

8. Davis

9. Grable

10. Clayton

This.

With 4/5 of your first five probable soon-to-be starters.  Just leaving one off as it almost never works out that well.

But I will add Davis, and put him near the top of the list. We saw how smart Brady was last year, to start running the ball like they meant it, and what that dynamic did for this team.  Davis will take the running game to the next level and catch a bunch of passes too.

Edited by Mister Defense

Davis has a great opportunity to contribute as a #2 and maybe get to a #1B as the season progresses.   Running backs can put up some decent rookie numbers.  

Van Pran is interesting.  He could possibly start as a rookie, or he might back up and hardly play.  

Coleman and Bishop will play a lot.  It is important that Beane hit on these two picks.  

Carter will play some to learn, and line rotation is important to this defense.

A few of the rest could show things on ST.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

The NFL stands for Not For Long. 

1. Van Pran - 10 year plus career+
2. Bishop - 10 year career.  Good safeties can easily play into their 30s

3. Coleman - receivers seem to burn out in their early 30s. 7-8 years 

After those 3, it’s hard a gauge

4. Carter - it will depend if he can develop into a starter. As a rotational player maybe 5-6 years, although Harrison Phillips is playing good ball since he left.

5. Davis - He plays out his rookie deal and then maybe plays a year or two elsewhere.  Too much tread already off the tire.

6. Solomon and Ulofoshio. Odds are they don’t even play out their rookie deals. Ulofoshio is older and Solomon small for his position.

7.  Hardy. Feels like the Andy Isabella of CBs. Lots of years on practice squads.

8. The two OTs. They won’t play a down in the NFL.

I think your logic here is pretty good. I think Solomon and Carter are the toughest to predict. The one I disagree in is hardy. I think he is the primary punter returner this year and a depth slot corner. In 2-3 years I could see him taking over the starting role from Johnson as he hits his 30s

• Like (+1) 1

1. Bishop - Should be starting by Halloween and never look back

2. Coleman - Hopefully becomes a Josh favorite

3. Davis - Will be #2 RB behind Cook for two years before taking over the #1 job for two years.

4. Carter - Will be in the rotation behind Oliver.

5. Hardy - Will be #2 Nickel behind Johnson.

6. Van Pran-Granger - He can be higher on this list if McGovern doesn't cut it at Center, otherwise he won't see the field much.

7. Solomon - PS, might get called up if Von's old Knees break down again.

8. Ulofoshio - PS, maybe he'll get a chance in 2025

9. Grable - PS

10.  Clayton - International player, The Englishman who has never played a down of football likely will never see a snap in the NFL except pre season and maybe not even then.

19 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

This.

With 4/5 of your first five probable soon-to-be starters.  Just leaving one off as it almost never works out that well.

But I will add Davis, and put him near the top of the list. We saw how smart Brady was last year, to start running the ball like they meant it, and what that dynamic did for this team.  Davis will take the running game to the next level and catch a bunch of passes too.

Yeah, I just had him lower because he is the backup to Cook and I am not sure if he will ever supplant him while Cook is here. But I think he'll still have an impact.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, I just had him lower because he is the backup to Cook and I am not sure if he will ever supplant him while Cook is here. But I think he'll still have an impact.

where he sits on the depth charts sure... but you don't know that... the dude could come out and just ball, amaze and shock everyone. Do i think he will? No.. but I will still but a 10-20% chance on it that he could.