Seems like the Bills are building a WRer room full of large hardnose WRer's that can block.

gjv

44 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I for one hope that he does.

Wish in one hand,  💩 in the other, and see which one fills up first.  😉

52 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Chris Brown and Tasker talking about it now.

Claypool's #'s are not far off from Gabe Davis  (except the TD's)

Claypool has a higher catch rate

Chase:  58 Games   175 Rec, 2261   12.9  13 TD
   Gabe: 64 Games   163 Rec, 2730   16.7   27 TD

Claypool has had below average QB play......

One guy just signed a very nice multi-year 2nd contract, and the other a vet min.  Yet somehow they are comparable players?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, H2o said:

1. Keon Coleman

2. Khalil Shakir

3. Curtis Samuel

4. Mack Hollins

5. Chase Claypool

6. Andy Isabella

Then I expect them to PS Hamler, Shorter, and one of Shavers or Thompson. 

Damn, that's a brutal receiver room.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Obviously the biggest question with Claypool is how much will it cost to jettison him if he decides that he does not need to work anymore? His upside is great but he is a guy I want to be sure I can cut bait on easily if it goes poorly.

• Agree 2

Bigger receivers don't fundamentally means transition to more running (though more effective blocking when we run helps).

Perhaps Beane thinks bigger WRs can outmuscle smaller dbs, either to make the initial catch or for YAC. It would be folly to not prioritize the arm of the one of the best QBs of his generation.

• Like (+1) 1

Hasn't KC historically just gotten away with absolutely mugging our WRs in the playoffs? So we what make moves to get guys who will punish them for it, but what everyone wanted us to instead just get super fast guys that'd somehow run around them or something? Has that ever worked I mean how's that been working for the Dolphins?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Búfalo Blanco said:

Exactly... @SDS you wanna change the Wall logo to Statler and Waldorf? Seems more appropriate for the clientele.. 

statler.jpg

Staler and Waldorf are hilarious. Leave them be. 

4 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Obviously the biggest question with Claypool is how much will it cost to jettison him if he decides that he does not need to work anymore? His upside is great but he is a guy I want to be sure I can cut bait on easily if it goes poorly.

If Claypool was given anything more than vet min plus incentives I’ll be livid. Also I hope they keep Coleman the hell away from him. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Chase Claypool is a huge wildcard. He has been a disaster since his sophmore season

I do agree we are trending bigger, and that is a good thing, but Chase Claypool will have to reinvent himself here. He hasn't been a positive attitude guy, whatever it takes for the team to win guy

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

They want BIG and Athletic.  Speed is good, don't get me wrong, but they are seeming to push for big, physical WR's and that is what Joe Brady had his year as OC with HIS offense down at LSU.  No more getting bullied at the LOS, and hopefully a lot more contested balls.  It also brings a greater Catch radius for Allen to hit on when his passes are slightly off.

Look I get it, Fans want splash they want exciting and we tried that with smaller, faster WR's and it didn't work.  I am excited to see this new approach to be honest, and if we get the running game going, then we are going to see somewhat less exciting 8, 10,12+ play drives that eat the clock and keep guys like Mahomes and Kelce on the bench and hopefully lead to more TD's.

Are Jefferson and Chase consider big and physical WR's? That is not how would classify them nor would I say the Bills are bringing those type of guys. Not to mention Brady was not the OC nor was it his offense. 

4 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Chase Claypool is a huge wildcard. He has been a disaster since his sophmore season

I do agree we are trending bigger, and that is a good thing, but Chase Claypool will have to reinvent himself here. He hasn't been a positive attitude guy, whatever it takes for the team to win guy

The Bills must believe something has changed or they wouldn't have even bothered IMO 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Hasn't KC historically just gotten away with absolutely mugging our WRs in the playoffs? So we what make moves to get guys who will punish them for it, but what everyone wanted us to instead just get super fast guys that'd somehow run around them or something? Has that ever worked I mean how's that been working for the Dolphins?

What's weird to me is that the Chiefs continue to roll out turbo-boosted smurfs at WR, and yet they somehow continue to produce at a high level in the playoffs. They doubled down on the strategy this offseason, signing Hollywood Brown and drafting Xavier Worthy.

Why is it that all they have to do is press our guys and play really physical with them, and it makes us change our whole team philosophy at WR, but we -- with our defense-minded head coach and frequent top five regular season defensive rankings -- somehow haven't figured out after four years of playoff battles how to slow THEIR small fast guys down? 

things-that-make-you-go-hmm-c-and-c-musi

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The Bills must believe something has changed or they wouldn't have even bothered IMO 

Got to see it on the field with my own eyes, then I will believe too

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I actually really like adding chase claypool for cheap. 

he might turn it around with a change of scenery and if he doesn’t just cut him.  Hard to be too upset with him getting frustrated playing for pit and then Chicago back to back lol that’s like a wr death sentence 

It would be about his 5th change of scenery but ok lol

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

What's weird to me is that the Chiefs continue to roll out turbo-boosted smurfs at WR, and yet they somehow continue to produce at a high level in the playoffs. They doubled down on the strategy this offseason, signing Hollywood Brown and drafting Xavier Worthy.

Why is it that all they have to do is press our guys and play really physical with them, and it makes us change our whole team philosophy at WR, but we -- with our defense-minded head coach and frequent top five regular season defensive rankings -- somehow haven't figured out after four years of playoff battles how to slow THEIR small fast guys down? 

things-that-make-you-go-hmm-c-and-c-musi

Yeah their offense looked great the first time we played them when the center of our defense still sort of existed. Also the guy that killed us wasn't the short fast guys it was the TE that we had no one left to cover.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, gjv said:

Bills just added another large receiver Chris Claypool to a room of Coleman, Shavers, Hollis, and Shorter. It makes me think that McDermott and Brady are thinking about expanding on their 52% run vs pass.

You mean Chase Claypool?

1 hour ago, bouds said:

The Bears couldn't stand this dude.  And before you say bad QB play, how did Moore do with that same QB?

Guy is washed up, we are barrel scraping, it's not a big deal, but don't expect him to last through the preseason.

I’m not sure the Bears organizational opinions on players carry much weight if any at all lol.

• Haha (+1) 2