Steelers decline 5th year option for Najee Harris

2 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/steelers-make-surprising-decision-najee-harris-future

I'm surprised but not really.

I wanted the Bills to draft him so badly 

The most uninspiring starting RB. Literally 3 yards and a cloud of dust. I’m not surprised either. 

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Happens often. People wonder why RBs aren’t making big money? Mid round picks take 1st round picks jobs all the time.

An all-purpose RB that can do everything is most definitely worth the money, but if you have a good line you can pretty much throw anybody back there. 

What I hated more than anything was watching Najee's effort level increase after being benched for Warren.  

Also happened in Minnesota with Mattison and in Dallas with Pollard.  

• Agree 1

Don't draft first round running backs unless they are really exceptional. Najee and Travis that year were good prospects. Neither was exceptional. 

Wait for the Jets to be here in two years with Breece. 

7 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The most uninspiring starting RB. Literally 3 yards and a cloud of dust. I’m not surprised either. 

Yes but he would have fared better with Josh. I'm NOT saying that I wanted the Bills to take him whereas I don't like drafting running backs that early in the modern NFL.

That said, Najee is a GREAT blocker and receiver. He's a good strong runner too although he does lack blinding speed. He would be a very effective weapon for Josh. and provide him with extra time. He would be an asset to the Bills.

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

He’s the weakest big back I can recall seeing. You’d think a dude his size might move a pile or two … 

Agree with that. He isn't enough of a bruiser for a guy his size and he doesn't have the speed to be a breakaway threat. To be under 4 yards per carry after 3 years (admittedly not great lines in front of him and not facing many light boxes) is a big disappointment for a use of a 1st round pick. I wouldn't swap James Cook for him tbh. 

This is very similar to the Zeke thing, clearly just a name people know and assume he is what we was in college.  Meanwhile clearly not the best RB in his own locker room.   Not surprised.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Don't draft first round running backs unless they are really exceptional. Najee and Travis that year were good prospects. Neither was exceptional. 

Wait for the Jets to be here in two years with Breece. 

Making matters worse for the Jets, they don't have the "cheap" out with a 5th year option on Hall. He was drafted round 2. Plus it's the Jets. Despite drafting 2 RBs this year...it's still possible they sign Hall to a new deal anyway. It's the Jets...lol.