Tim Graham article on Kim Pegula and Bills ownership

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Some jackass asked TG to "go tell [ESPN personality] to STFU!".  The other CHUDS joined in.  That was his last day.

Wawrow was less and less active but there was one final thread where JW defended himself and his profession against a bunch of dudes who insisted he had no inside information or access to the team and that better information was shared more quickly on Twitter.  Much like TG, he said he no longer gets any enjoyment out of participating on the board.

Sounds about right 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Hmm ow big are Pegula balls that he’s going to make a billion selling 25% to some other billionaire and he’s still going to charge PSLs??

I’ve yet to see the person who makes a lot of money all of the sudden say “enough.” 

Money is weird like that. It’s all relative and most people simply change their lifestyle (ie, spend more and/or buy nicer things) with more money that comes in, and therefore, always want more. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Some jackass asked TG to "go tell [ESPN personality] to STFU!".  The other CHUDS joined in.  That was his last day.

Wawrow was less and less active but there was one final thread where JW defended himself and his profession against a bunch of dudes who insisted he had no inside information or access to the team and that better information was shared more quickly on Twitter.  Much like TG, he said he no longer gets any enjoyment out of participating on the board.

I hope for your sake “CHUD” was used ironically. 

11 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I’ve yet to see the person who makes a lot of money all of the sudden say “enough.” 

Money is weird like that. It’s all relative and most people simply change their lifestyle (ie, spend more and/or buy nicer things) with more money that comes in, and therefore, always want more. 

Then he cuts out his son in law and gives a slice to the other daughter---after essentially taking over his incapacitated wife's half?

This guy's a peach. 

I wonder how he pays a gift tax on the share he's giving his daughter?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

That article ended even more abrupt than Tim Graham’s. But it served the same purpose…”click here”. 

(i.e. nothing more than supposition based on public court filings and Jessica’s essay from last year). 

By the way, my “Paywall” comment above was sarcasm aimed at those who were bellyaching about articles on the first page of TSW a few years ago when Paywalls started. Folks used to complain about having to pay to read articles linked on TSW front page. No one understood the sarcasm. Go figure. 

37 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Probably the cheapest way possible by law....like everyone else

well, ok…

but the point of the question was how is the value of the gifted share arrived at by the taxman?

• Eyeroll 1

The level of disdain on here for monetarily successful people is beyond stunning. As it’s written…remove the plank from your own eye before dealing with the speck in your neighbor’s. To the vast, vast majority of people in the world YOU are wealthy! Having money, whether a lot or a little, neither makes you good or evil. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

So he gave his oldest child who is the only family member with any C-suite level experience a small percentage of equity for taking on more managerial roles? It's interesting for sure but i'm not buying this as a "soap opera" level scandal.

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 7:15 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Go Tim Graham!!! Thanks for putting this behind a paywall. How about just reporting the news to the only (biggest) Bills fan board on the web. Maybe John Wawrow will give us some insight. Stay well, Kim! You’re the best. 

It's literally available if you have a NYT subscription, which -- whether you like the paper or not -- is the most subscribed-to newspaper in the freaking world: https://www.statista.com/statistics/785919/worldwide-number-of-digital-newspaper-subscribers/.  People need to stop complaining about the Athletic's paywall. It is so tired.

EDIT: I just saw your subsequent post. Apologies, and welcome aboard! 

Edited by dave mcbride

On 5/1/2024 at 6:29 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills are spending significantly less cash this year than in recent years. But it could just be a cap reset year. Still spending more than others but they were like top 3 for a few years. Now in the mid 20’s.

This is an interesting number to keep an eye on. My knee jerk is that we just didn't have a ton of room to kick the can further down the road. We did a lot of restructuring in years past. 

That said, the Sabres have been bottom half in cap space 7 of the last 9 years (as far as cap friendly goes back). It hasn't just been "let the kids play" it has been happening for a while. So I do have a little bit of an eyebrow raised. But I will reserve judgement if spending goes back up once we have more space/the stadium is built. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

The level of disdain on here for monetarily successful people is beyond stunning. As it’s written…remove the plank from your own eye before dealing with the speck in your neighbor’s. To the vast, vast majority of people in the world YOU are wealthy! Having money, whether a lot or a little, neither makes you good or evil. 

Most people don't seem to have all that much disdain for "monetarily successful people" as you put it, the disdain starts to enter when some of that wealth is driven by money of others, like taxpayer money, that assists in creating that "monetary success." 

Can us as smaller business people put that plank of taxpayer subsidy in our eyes?

It also doesn't win people over when they talk out of both sides of their mouths.  eg. the "Pegula Family Values" vs. fan interest as an example.  Feigned altruism in short, disingenuous.  

Not trying to argue, but those are issues.  

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, FireChans said:

I hope for your sake “CHUD” was used ironically. 

Is there a serious use of the term CHUD?  I don't recognize any other definition but cannibalistic humanoid underground dweller so don't come at me with some zoomer definition that was invented on tiktok 6 minutes ago.

• Like (+1) 1

i don't get all the negativity

god forbid if your spouse became medically incapacitated.......would you want anyone other than yourself to be placed as guardian ?

the NFL requires succession planning. with kim unable to fulfill those duties, terry's daughter Laura was the most qualified based on education and job experience, nothing untoward there.

as far as the son in law goes.....maybe he wasn't very good at his job and deserved to be fired. don't shed any tears for him, i'm sure he will be very well off.

maybe the reason terry hasn't spoken to the press in quite awhile is he knows they will ask about Kim. i know if that was me and forced to address my wife's condition, i wouldn't get two words out without getting all emotional.

it doesnt have to be all sinister.

so sad, thoughts and prayers to that family

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2