Realistic "Transition Year" Expectations

Posted (edited)

When Beane said the team is "in transition" what does that look like for you in 2024-2025.

For me, it means four (4 things).

1. Bills will be 10-7 and get a Wildcard

2. Bills will offload Miller and Knox and will have more cap space heading into 25-26 season

3. Bills will focus on finding a new punter and kicker.  A #1 DE and #1 WR will be key components to move forward with their 1st and two 2nds.

4. All eyes will be on OC Brady to see if he can have both a solid passing and running game that is consistent and not too predictable.

Edited by Wizard
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Nothing changes with expectations. I expect the Bills to compete for and win the AFCE. I expect them to be one of the final 4 teams in the AFC competing for the Super Bowl. What happens after this season into next off-season depends on the results of this year. 

• Like (+1) 14
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 24
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

will have to see how the team gels during preseason. Until then its all speculation. Personally I couldn't possibly make a call with any chance at accuracy till mid October

To me transition means they've lost more talent than they've added.

Until the schedule comes out it's too early to make predictions ... Maybe they'll sell a Bills home game to Qatar or someplace.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

For the 1st time in like 4 years I have no idea what to expect from the Bills.

this is where its fun for me. its a mystery box. could go great and could go bust.

• Agree 1

WR Michael Thomas is still out there as a FA and I wonder what it would take to get him to Buffalo or if he is healthy enough to last a season.

If he can stay healthy he could make the whole offense more explosive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Wizard said:

When Beane said the team is "in transition" what does that look like for you in 2024-2025.

2. Bills will offload Miller and Knox and will have more cap space heading into 25-26 season

3. Bills will focus on finding a new punter, kicker, and a #1 DE and #1 WR with their top 3 2025-2026 draft picks.

4. With Bills having more cap space and and younger platers, Bills will extend Allen by 3 years.

My expectations are win the Super Bowl. I don’t hear the “transition” nonsense. Beane and McD don’t get a transition year after multiple years of falling short. Josh Allen is our QB. Hopefully you got him enough offensively to make a deep playoff run or it’s on Beane and McD. 7 years with the most talented QB in NFL history is long enough. Every year is Super Bowl or bust 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 2

10-11 wins. Maybe they win the AFCE. To be honest I like the Jets roster better than the Bills. Of course, it all depends on Rodgers staying healthy, but they will be a threat to win the division. A decent amount of turnover on the Bills roster going into next year so I really don't know what to expect from the Bills. Could win the division or WC or miss the playoffs. I honestly don't know.

• Disagree 1

20 minutes ago, Wizard said:

3. Bills will focus on finding a new punter, kicker, and a #1 DE and #1 WR with their top 3 2025-2026 draft picks.

4. With Bills having more cap space and and younger platers, Bills will extend Allen by 3 years.

Largely agree. 

1. 10-7 is my expectation as well. Likely a WC, but should compete for AFCE title. 

2. Miller is gone next offseason for sure. He will be cut with a post 6/1 designation. Knox has partial guarantees for his salary in 2025 so I think he stays, but that’s probably it for him. 

3. Draft and/or FA has to bring help to the team DE1 is job 1. WR is a huge need as well. 

4. Allen’s contract rework this offseason was to get him to next season. He’s going to get an extension and a raise next offseason. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Wizard said:

The expectation for the Bills should be a championship, but the realistic expectation is a division championship and a second-round exit, as it has been in previous years. I believe it is more likely that Josh Allen will force a trade after 2025 instead of accepting a contract extension here. Even though he claims to love Buffalo, his ultimate goal is to win a championship. There is a reason why Allen did not take the full restructure, so that too much money wasn't pushed to the future, and he could potentially leave before his contract is up.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

16 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

The expectation for the Bills should be a championship, but the realistic expectation is a division championship and a second-round exit, as it has been in previous years. I believe it is more likely that Josh Allen will force a trade after 2025 instead of accepting a contract extension here. Even though he claims to love Buffalo, his ultimate goal is to win a championship. There is a reason why Allen did not take the full restructure, so that too much money wasn't pushed to the future, and he could potentially leave before his contract is up.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but i for one, don't believe this.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6

It just seems like there are A LOT of very uncertain things that need to work out favorably in order for this to be a successful season. Things that appear to be less than 50% that they will work out favorably. I'd say there is a 20% chance of playoffs this season. 

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

To win the AFC East and have a first round home game is still realistic. Further, I believe we can be better than that because we've seen teams do this recently where they retool very quickly and gel. However, having an expectation beyond playoffs and home field is unrealistic.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3