Jacksonville releases Zay Jones. Homecoming?

Hung out with him one night in Raleigh. Super nice guy even though I made a ***** comment to him which he thank god he laughed off. I took a risk on a joke and if it went bad he would have killed me. All he wanted to talk about was the Sabres who were playing that night and we left the game early cause they were getting smoked 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, transient said:

This seems like a TBD challenge to me... 🤔... accepted! :lol:

Anorexic Kelvin Benjamin

Rocket scientist Leodis McKelvin

Mild Mannered Ritchie Incognito

Overzealous Billy Joe Hobert

The courageous Kyle Orton

Thorough topic searching @NoName ;)

Edited to poke a little fun at the OP.

Gentleman Gibram Hamden

Edited by TBBills Fan

Zay was involved with some bad people when he was here. Put himself in very stupid situations from what I’ve heard. With people a Bills player should have no reason to be dealing with. 

His career has been better since he left and that’s not a coincidence. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m just mad that we’re in May begging for Zay Jones. It shouldn’t be this way! 

Agreed we take Franklin or Walker in the 3rd or Bub Means (even Malik Washington or  Ainais Smith from the slot gave us a nice vertical threat) with one of the 5ths and we’re feeling optimistic with a deep threat option

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Not a bad thing…injuries do happen.  

It's not a bad thing, but when a guy is coming off an $8 AAV contract and a good year where he was the #2 receiver, if he can't get a good contract he'll at least want to go somewhere where he thinks he can get a good target share. 

From the Bills side, I'd like to see us go after a talented younger guy OR a proven vet - not a 29 year old Never-Was

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m just mad that we’re in May begging for Zay Jones. It shouldn’t be this way! 

Who is begging for Zay Jones?  

Edited by Beck Water

Would not hate getting Zay back at all.  He is a professional wideout.  I don't know if he fits the "process" - if Beane/McDermott concludes he does he would be a nice add, IMHO.  I don't really hold the hotel dash against him - he was obviously going through some sh**.  If he has his head right, he could be interesting add of a vet presence.

16 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Would not hate getting Zay back at all.  He is a professional wideout.  I don't know if he fits the "process" - if Beane/McDermott concludes he does he would be a nice add, IMHO.  I don't really hold the hotel dash against him - he was obviously going through some sh**.  If he has his head right, he could be interesting add of a vet presence.

Zay Jones is a meager career 10 yards per reception possession receiver who lead NFL WR in drop % rate(10.7%) in 2022 and has a career 57% catch rate.    That's the kind of catch rate you expect from someone with about 50% more yards per reception.

Drop-zone Jones is the very definition of "Juiceless and Useless".

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Zay Jones is a meager career 10 yards per reception possession receiver who lead NFL WR in drop % rate(10.7%) in 2022 and has a career 57% catch rate.    That's the kind of catch rate you expect from someone with about 50% more yards per reception.

Drop-zone Jones is the very definition of "Juiceless and Useless".

You got your opinion I got mine - except you got no vision bro.  Just a bowl of vitriol, a cup of vinegar where there should be sweetness, negativity that. drips.  That ain't got no swag at all. You a one trick pony - and the trick is to pee on all the other ponies.  

14 hours ago, Augie said:

More important than football, it seems he’s gotten his life together, or so it seems. He never lost talent, and I’m glad he could figure it out to set up a nice life going forward if wise. 

When you're running around a Ramada with your junk hanging out and flopping it at the patrons, the only direction to go is up, i'm thinking.

5 minutes ago, Sweats said:

When you're running around a Ramada with your junk hanging out and flopping it at the patrons, the only direction to go is up, i'm thinking.

So, you’re thinking he should run around with his junk out at a Four Seasons or a Ritz?   🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Augie said:

So, you’re thinking he should run around with his junk out at a Four Seasons or a Ritz?   🤷‍♂️

Yeah, if you're gonna flap your junk around a hotel, then at least be classy about it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

You got your opinion I got mine - except you got no vision bro.  Just a bowl of vitriol, a cup of vinegar where there should be sweetness, negativity that. drips.  That ain't got no swag at all. You a one trick pony - and the trick is to pee on all the other ponies.  

Wot's this, then?   🤔