Who leads the team in receiving in 2024? (Most yards)

Process

Receiving   

181 members have voted

1. 1. Who leads in receiving? (Yards)

JMHO but the passing offense will revolve around Kincaid just like the Chiefs does around Kelce. 2nd year in the league I expect (hope) Kincaid shows a big improvement from his rookie year.

Samuel. I reckon if he stays healthy he ends up around 1,000 maybe just short of it. I have something like:

Samuel 925

Kincaid 850

Shakir 800

Coleman 650 (but leads us in touchdowns)

Knox 400

Cook 350

That gets you to 3,975. Then you have you bits and pieces guys contributing another 300-500 between them.... running back 2, Morris, Hollins whoever else is a depth receiver. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Been thinking over the last few days...what if Shakir just is that dude? Maybe we're all remembering how Gabe Davis struggled taking on a bigger role and are assuming Shakir can't do it either. But his efficiency was through the roof, it can go down quite a bit while still being great in bigger volume. Apparently he's working on his speed with Moulds this offseason. Idk, I wouldn't rule out that Shakir might just be awesome in a starting Z role

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Samuel. I reckon if he stays healthy he ends up around 1,000 maybe just short of it. I have something like:

Samuel 925

Kincaid 850

Shakir 800

Coleman 650 (but leads us in touchdowns)

Knox 400

Cook 350

That gets you to 3,975. Then you have you bits and pieces guys contributing another 300-500 between them.... running back 2, Morris, Hollins whoever else is a depth receiver. 

Seems generous for Knox. He was barely a part of the passing game last year. 186 total yards in 12 games.

On 4/28/2024 at 10:17 PM, BuffaloBillyG said:

If he's healthy, I see Kincaid. Biggest shocker IMO is going to be that NONE of the Bills pass catchers will go over 1,000. But they end up with 5 guys all over 650yards. 

This year IMO will be all about spreading the ball and not being predictable. When a big play is needed...look for a mismatch and exploit it  

A good comp: the 2018 Pats (who had a very productive offense). They had no one over 850 and five guys over 530 yards plus a couple of guys near 300:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2018.htm

• Like (+1) 1

Coleman is a rookie and will take some time to get in the groove.

When it's all said and done it will be close to has the most yards.

If Josh and Samuel get on the same page early, I think it's him.  If not probably Kincaid.

Not taking anything away from Shakir but Samuel and Kincaid should get more targets.

The average Josh season is 390 receptions on 590 attempts for 4400 yards snd 35 TDs

Last year’s departed players caught 197 balls of 308 targets (64%), for 2300 yards and 17 TDs

The returning players caught 186 balls on 234 targets (80%), for 1980 yards and 11 TDs

Kincaid is the returning team leader in targets (91) and catches (73) for 673 yards.  Shakir leads all returnees in yards per catch at 15.67%.

Cook leads returnees in passing TD catches with 4.  

Using basic math, we have about 200 receptions to re-allocate across this roster.  

1) Coleman - Davis, as a rookie was in the WR 3/4 role behind Beasley and Diggs, sharing PT with John Brown.  He had 35 catches for 599 yards and 7 TDs.  Imho, for Coleman, those numbers the minimum we should expect.  I’m also not expecting 900 yards + from Coleman given the numerous other targets.  Prediction, 42 catches for 700 yards and 8 TDs.

2) Samuel - Outside his breakout year in Carolina, Samuel has been worth about 650 yards on 60 catches with 4 TDs.  I can see those numbers going up some, But, I’d be happy with that level of production.  

3) Shakir - He had 611 yards on only 39 catches. He spent most of last year being the 3rd option and not even that until week 7.  What’s he going to do when he is fully part of the offense? From week 7 through the playoffs, Shakir was on pace for an 850 yard season.  I suspect Brady will give him twice as many targets this season (thus around 90) and be rewarded with 70 catches for around 1000 yards and at least 6 TDs.  

4) Kincaid - Like Shakir he blossomed after week 6.  He was also on a pace for about 850 yards from week 7 through the playoffs.  I’m expecting further improvement this season.  I think we’ll see 90 catches on 115 targets for 950 yards and 6 TDs

5) Cook - He had 1500 yards from scrimmage last season.  Brady will feed him again this season.  He has 44 of 54 receiving (445 yards) last year with 4 TDs.  In Carolina in 2020, the RBs received over 100 targets.  I can easily see Cook getting to 65 targets next season with 50 catches for 500 yards and 5 Tds. 

6) Knox - I’m expecting a similar season to last year - 22/36 for 186 and 2 TDs

7) Hollins - He was 18/30 for 250 last year - That seems about right as well.  Maybe he’ll score once here.  

That looks like a very exciting young group.  Kincaid leads in catches, Shakir in yards, Coleman in TDs and Josh has his best season as a pro.

Edited by GASabresIUFan

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He tore wrist ligaments in game 2 and was never fully right thereafter. 

Good to know. That makes me feel a little better about him potentially returning back to form.

He was still getting targets and blocking regularly throughout the year.

I thought he just became an afterthought in the passing game.

This is demoralizing. I thought the only way our offense could function is with a bonafide #1 WR who we mortgaged next year’s best draft picks for. Are you saying we might actually have multiple good receivers? Maybe 1B, two 2A’s and 2 other mediocre receivers? This is all new to me. Crazy. 

If Josh Allen is in the top 5 in passing yards again, does it matter who caught the passes for those yards. 

isn't the real question "which receiver will elevate their game to be a difference maker in a playoff game?"

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He tore wrist ligaments in game 2 and was never fully right thereafter. 

I thought it was Week 5 vs Jax, but regardless it was definitely early on as you pointed out.

Agree, Knox will get more involved this year.  Pretty much agree with your assessment.

I see Samuel, Shakir, Kincaid, and Coleman all possible in the 700-900 range.  Cook and Davis will see their fair share of targets out of the backfield, and whoever gets WR4 should see 40ish targets.

2011 Saints are the last team with 6 players, who had >500 yards.  I thought we had a real shot LY, then Knox got injured and Diggs was fed way too many targets IMO.

This year, the main 4 should be shoe ins, if they stay healthy.  Both Knox and Cook could very well be close, I'm predicting 400-500 for each of them.

Offenses can be very dangerous when they have multiple weapons involved and complementing skill sets.  Especially with a mobile QB to also defend.

The offense this year has more potential, mainly bc of Brady having a full offseason to install his system and he's shown to be a very good playcaller/gameplans.  Adding in, that we finally have multiple versatile weapons that can attack various parts of the field, since 2021 IMO.  WR4 is my only concern, mainly from a secondary boundary/downfield threat to rely on as Coleman gets ramped up and depth.