New Bills WR. Former Lion Quintez Cephus

MAJBobby

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

There is going to be a fun battle to see who emerges.  There are 3 locks max with Coleman, Shakir and Samuel.  

I think from there on out it is a battel for the rest, that group consists of (At this point):

Mack Hollins

KJ Hamler

Andy Isabella

Justin Shorter

Tyrell Shavers

Bryan Thompson

Quintez Cephus

Xavier Johnson Jr (UDFA)

Lawrence Keys (UDFA)

FWIW, Stevie Johnson LOVES Hamler. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gigs said:

Oh yeah I'd rather have only sub 4.3 receivers because Miami has been kicking our ass with speed. Oops, wait, they beat us 2 times since JA came into the league (on a dropped TD and a receiver forgetting to step out to set up the game winning FG) and not with any of the current speedsters they have. 

Have we ever lost a game and immediately someone points out it's because our receivers run .1 - .4 seconds slower in shorts over an uncontested 40 yard sprint? Mentality plays a way bigger role in wins and losses than how many half steps Xavier Worthy has over Keon Coleman. You need to get over it, dude. 

Dude, our receivers were a huge problem last year, and on paper we look demonstrably worse now. Just once is it asking too much to give Josh Allen some love?

Look at the other top qb's around the league and it is indisputable that they have better weapons than Allen.

The top 10 qb's in the game imo (not in order) are Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Stroud, Hurts, Prescott, Love, Goff, Purdy, and Stafford. 

Some would argue Herbert, Tua, Rodgers, or Cousins are top 10. 

NO ONE has a worse group of receivers than Josh, except MAYBE Herbert. Hell, Caleb Williams steps in and essentially has 3 (!) number one options before ever playing a single game.

Downplaying or ignoring this deficiency, as apparently Beane has decided (and you concur with), is flat out negligent with a unicorn QB in his prime.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

FWIW, Stevie Johnson LOVES Hamler. 

I do as well.  The talent is there, the injuries hurt.  However I think this is a name that makes the Roster at the end of Camp if he truly has transitioned his body over like many have talked about all offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

Haha...scouting profile comparison is Zay Jones...

4.73 40...woof for a WR but is big, strong and aggressive and we a dominant down field threat in college which is weird being that slow.

At this point none of the guys available are going to be difference makers. This guy, Robinson, OBJ, Chark, who cares. None of them would have a big impact. 

Beane decided when he chose not to take a second WR that we are rolling with Coleman, Shakir, Samuel and Hollins.

Hamler is a small wildcard, there is some potential there if he can stay healthy. 

Of course they could make a trade, but if you believe Beane, there is zero chance of that happening. 

2 minutes ago, Process said:

At this point none of the guys available are going to be difference makers. This guy, Robinson, OBJ, Chark, who cares. None of them would have a big impact. 

Beane decided when he chose not to take a second WR that we are rolling with Coleman, Shakir, Samuel and Hollins.

Hamler is a small wildcard, there is some potential there if he can stay healthy. 

Of course they could make a trade, but if you believe Beane, there is zero chance of that happening. 

A post-June 1 trade for a vet WR is still on the table.

I was high on Hamler coming out. He has failed to this point no doubt but he was stuck behind Jeudy and Sutton and then on top of that has had nothing but horrible QB play. 

I remember the game where he got incredibly frustrated as he was wide open in the EZ and QB threw it somewhere else. 

I have low expectations but he is the type of dart throw I love especially when Allen is now the QB 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Beane stated very clearly in his press conference that a trade is not happening. Of course he could be lying, but I tent to believe him on this. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Post 6/1, I’m 100% convinced we’re either signing a mercenary EDGE or signing/trading for a legitimate WR. 

Not sure if we can get both done, but one of those things is happening.  

Just now, Process said:

Beane stated very clearly in his press conference that a trade is not happening. Of course he could be lying, but I tent to believe him on this. 

He was guarded on how he phrased that given our current cap situation and what it will look like June 1st. 

47 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

You need to watch other teams if you think this is the worst we’ve ever had. 

Its a downgrade from last season, but it’s not like we are running David Nelson and TJ Yeldon out there again 

David Nelson, in his prime, would easily be better than any of the Bills' candidates for WR4.

4 minutes ago, Process said:

We are gonna run what we brung.

We won't have a top end WR this year. We will hoist Shakir up and damage his mental game and ability because he is a 3rd WR at best who can't handle the x or y to a top level. This isn't an insult. Samuel needs to be used the hell up, Coleman needs to be out there every snap possible.

1 minute ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

David Nelson, in his prime, would easily be better than any of the Bills' candidates for WR4.

Nelson would be higher than Coleman, imo. He was underrated. I don't think Samuel is as good as we want to believe. He's a derrick Dockery.