Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

7 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Agreed......this has been an excellent draft for us so far and it's a shame that more fans can't see that.

It's an excellent draft if Diggs is still your number 1. 

It's an excellent draft if you use 2025#1 for a veteran. 

If not the above then it is a drafts that will see the Bills offense stifled all year long and the Jets win the division. This is a draft for 2019 Allen not 2024 Allen. Absolutely criminal to let the WR group get this bad in today's NFL. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

What exactly is this team missing from the same squad that went on a winning streak and took the AFC East, AGAIN, and the number two seed?

Stef Diggs who did literally decided to do his best John Cena impression during that same stretch?

Beane has filled all the holes. He’s added WRs in Samuel and Coleman who compliment Brady’s scheme and Josh’s style of play more so than both Davis and Stefon Diggsapearing Act. I’ll assume you somehow know how to better draft and assemble a football team however that’s managed to win it’s division 4 years I’m a row and counting…

We won 6 in a row with Diggs doing nothing and Davis having multiple games of 0-0 0yds. But now we're in a down year because we didnt draft a second WR in the 5th round.

1 minute ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Bills would have 3 x SBs if we had Howie.  

Howie would've played defense in 13 seconds?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

I hope you’re right but at this point it feels like they’re actively avoiding drafting a WR to prove some kind of point. It’s moronic 

Hopefully a trade has already been agreed upon and we are just waiting until June. I simply don't believe we are going into training camp with Mack Hollins and Justin Shorter in competition for the #2 outside WR.

Ideally we will draft one of these tier 3 guys, and our final WR depth chart will be Coleman, veteran outside WR that we trade for, Samuel, Shakir, and one of Hollins/Shorter/tier 3 rookie WR.

• Agree 2

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

We won 6 in a row with Diggs doing nothing and Davis having multiple games of 0-0 0yds. But now we're in a down year because we didnt draft a second WR in the 5th round.

Where do you rank the Bills in the AFC for offensive skill positions?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

Okay Clemson Homer lol. He's slow thats his knock and probably has to play inside in a 3-4 which he will there.

Ha! I think I have disproved my Clemson home accusations this year by absolutely hating on Ruke. Yea Trotter isn't a perfect prospect. But the "nothing" was sarcastic because as soon as he asked someone picked him. 

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

The time to draft the second WR was earlier in the draft. We need to bring in a veteran. If you don't think they need to add another weapon to the WR room, you're reading the talent differently than I. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

AND we still have 2 more 5th’s! :D 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

What a weird draft. 

Not bad.. just weird. 

Everything we’re doing makes complete sense.  We’ve added 3 potential starters at WR, S and C, along with a rotational DT and RB.  

Just very business like.  Nothing aggressive.  No real gambles.  Not much boom or bust.. just good players at positions of need, yet nothing that really moves the needle when it comes to Josh trying to slay Mahomes, while fighting off other teams like HOU, NYJ and BAL. 

Overall it feels like a baseball draft. Not really going BPA, teams are just plugging needs. It’s definitely been a bit weird.