For those that don’t like the Coleman pick

whorlnut

59 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

For those of you that aren’t thrilled about the Keon Coleman pick…remember one thing.  Word came out that he was the last receiver left on Allen’s wish list. Thats a big deal. Why would Beane not want to consult the face of his franchise when trying to get him more weapons?

This tells me that Allen’s wish list included Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Coleman, and probably Thomas. Think of it this way…if worthy, pearsall, or legette were on that list, they would have taken them at 28, or at most 32 for legette. I’m sure Beane would have liked to have traded down another time, but he could have risked losing Coleman.

I wasn’t overly thrilled with Coleman being the guy, but while he might lack separation on tape, and a good 40 time, he also had amazing splits in the 40 and other drills. The drills are where the football comes out in these guys…you know, catching the ball. Haha. Anyways…when you look at the bigger picture with Coleman, it’s not a bad pick at all. The guy is really athletic, has great hands and body control…and most of all…Allen wanted him.  

That’s great that Allen likes him but let’s not turn this into drafting Shabazz Napiers for LeBron. 

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, balln said:

Allen has been on record and even piecing together his off seasons. He takes 1-2 months off completely. No working out. Goes plays golf. Travels w his lady friend

he says he doesn’t participate in draft process, no interviews, no game tape

he said he watches the YouTube highlight vids. 

I DO not want in anyway Allen to make picks directly. I think this is all funny interview filler. 

This describes most of us haha. No working out. Hanging out with the lady. Golf. Watches YouTube highlights. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The QB knows more than we do as average fans, but he's still a player and not a scout.  He hasn't worked in the pro or college personnel department.  

I honestly think everyone, to include Josh Allen is aware of that. Despite the endless negative gibberish you read on TBD, the Buffalo Bills are considered to be a first class NFL franchise and while I'm not a fly on the wall nor have a hotline to Brandon Beane or the Pegulas, we have been a perrenial playoff team since the arrival of the new regime. You dont become an NFL GM making poor decisions!  As in any organization, coporate, military, or small business - you need input from the ground up. BTW, visit North or South Carolina and ask them if they would welcome "McBeane" back.

Edited by amprov56

I’m against Coleman because I don’t think he will work out however I am very confident that the Bills have done serious due diligence on him and his character. 

They have made two top notch draft picks after him which solidified in my mind that this is a top class organization regardless of how Coleman works out. 

I get the preference for receivers and some fans wishing that they drafted someone else.  What I do not get is the logic from fans who see drafting a WR with their first pick as "doing nothing" to upgrade the position and at the same time think that trading up to get a WR in Franklin who everyone passed on three times will instantly solve the WR depth issue. 

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Is it just me or does anybody else see some similarities with Eric Moulds?  If he can pan out to be that type of player at the NFL level I would be very happy

I saw more of a Moulds comparison with Legette,  though I also think he may end up kind of like a Cordarrelle Patterson.

• Like (+1) 1

Beane: Josh who are your list of WRs you want me to draft?

Josh: (gives list) Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Thomas and Coleman

Beane: Ok, thanks. 

Beane drafts Coleman

Beane: Josh....I got your last guy for you

Josh: Awesome. Can you grab a few other guys for me too? 

Beane: Mmmmm. I kinda wanna go back to my routine defensive drafting. Is that ok?

Josh: Ugghhhh....I guess. 

Beane: Thanks Buddy. Happy draft day. Love ya

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

You don't get put in as punt returner if you don't have some natural athletic ability. The fact that he returned punts for FSU at his body size is a good sign IMO. This guy has football quickness and IQ. 

I can’t recall a punt returner that big. He definitely has a lot of agility for somebody his size. One other thing about punt returners, IMO it’s the second hardest job at a skill position next to QB. You have to some big time courage and confidence at that job. It seems this kid has that “dog” attitude players like to talk about and I like that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I suspect that asking Josh about a “potential” draft pick is more a courtesy than anything, it’s like a courtesy invite that they are hoping you turn down…, Josh likely said something to the tune of, get me a bigger taller target, etc , jmo. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whorlnut said:

For those of you that aren’t thrilled about the Keon Coleman pick…remember one thing.  Word came out that he was the last receiver left on Allen’s wish list. Thats a big deal. Why would Beane not want to consult the face of his franchise when trying to get him more weapons?

This tells me that Allen’s wish list included Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Coleman, and probably Thomas. Think of it this way…if worthy, pearsall, or legette were on that list, they would have taken them at 28, or at most 32 for legette. I’m sure Beane would have liked to have traded down another time, but he could have risked losing Coleman.

I wasn’t overly thrilled with Coleman being the guy, but while he might lack separation on tape, and a good 40 time, he also had amazing splits in the 40 and other drills. The drills are where the football comes out in these guys…you know, catching the ball. Haha. Anyways…when you look at the bigger picture with Coleman, it’s not a bad pick at all. The guy is really athletic, has great hands and body control…and most of all…Allen wanted him.  

im curious one the amount of overlap in the McD/Beane firing and Trading Allen for picks