Rd 3, Pick 95: DT DeWayne Carter, Duke

SDS

7 minutes ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

No. Not at all. We have to change our thinking about Duke players. They had legit coaching.

Boogie was a DE that played inside. This guy is an actual 300LB DT that spends a lot of time in the backfield disrupting plays. Boogie isn't a good comparison anyway.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Yea Coleman is going to be a starter. I guarantee it unless he gets hurt in training camp or something. They are going to take another WR, I said that in multiple other posts. They will do it tomorrow.

I also don't believe that just going full firepower offense is the way to beat the Chiefs. Every game against the Chiefs is a story in each game.

The first time they played they weren't ready for the moment and got overwhelmed by a better more experienced team despite taking an early lead.

The 2nd game we put up 36 Points on offense and lost the game because our defense couldn't get off the field and coaching blunders

Last years game was a tightly contested battle where we were highly injured and the Chiefs made more big plays than the Bills down the stretch of the game.

Really 2 out of the 3 games was simply the Chiefs came through in the clutch and the Bills didn't. The Bills need to make the plays in the right moments against the Chiefs on offense, defense and special teams. They have failed in all 3 phases in them in their 3 separate playoff outings.

Great analysis.  We are close.  Chiefs are not on another level.  They’re not our daddy.  JA17 faced a better D than Mahomey, but that won’t be true next time.   Our day will come.

2 hours ago, <bills4life> said:

2019-C. Ford #38

2020- No one

2021-No one

2022-James Cook #63

2023-Dalton Kincaid #25, O. Torrance  #59

More like 1st rounder and three second rounders.

Boy you look at that. THATS criminal. I’m ready for a regime change. Should have happened after bengals playoff loss

10 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

GRADE: 6.0 (High-Level Developmental Prospect — 5th Round) another reach,  

Same people who disagree must have missed Boggie Basham,  another undersized guy that was moved to DE and then just traded

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Chiefs won with defense last postseason and opportunistic mostly mistake free offense.  There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Sooooo a consistent offense? 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Coleman doesn't look slow when you see him play. People don't understand that 40 times and play speed are two different things.

You have guys that run great 40 times that play a lot slower on the field and then you have guys that don't run great 40 times that play a lot faster on the field. Allen didn't run a great 40 time but how many DBs does he run away from in the open field? The dude is moving out there.

Coleman is the latter. 40 times come down to technique quite a bit...if you don't get a good start you can lose .2 seconds right off the bat with no real way to make up the time.

Coleman reached 20.36 mph in the gauntlet drill which was the fastest speed of any of the WRs over the last 2 seasons. That doesn't seem slow to me.

Coleman's 4.61 40-yard dash doesn't necessarily jump off the charts, but in the gauntlet drill at the NFL Combine, Coleman reached a top speed of 20.36 miles per hour – the fastest speed by a receiver over the last two seasons.

"The 40 is no longer the most effective way to determine a player's speed," wrote ESPN’s Marcel Louis-Jacques earlier this year. "The value it once had to teams has diminished in its 80-year existence, as clubs turn toward other means – such as GPS tracking and analytical data – to fully understand how fast a player can move in football specific situations."

You might need to dumb it down though.  Like is he be a Davis replacement yo?

1 hour ago, flmike said:

Neither were producing as needed. What falloff do you see with the current group plus a possible 4th-5th steal pick?

What I don't see at this time is a star offensive player other than Josh. Mahomes didn't have a star WR, but he had a star TE that he could always rely on. 

2 hours ago, <bills4life> said:

2019-C. Ford #38

2020- No one

2021-No one

2022-James Cook #63

2023-Dalton Kincaid #25, O. Torrance  #59

More like 1st rounder and three second rounders.

2020 we used a 1st rounder to get Diggs. That is using draft capital for offense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, balln said:

Give me tingles. Love that stuff. Hope his dad comes to all The home

games 

Wow that was moving - wasn't expecting it to get dusty in here

11 hours ago, joey greco said:

and there's 300 guys who didn't work out.  plan on a miracle, it's sure to work out

I’m not planning on a miracle, but I am certainly open to one.   😋

2 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

No this is my first day on Earth. 

Welcome!

We are not always this crazy, but this is a special time for us. 

• Like (+1) 2

Duke had a bit of a turnaround.  Believe he was a 3 year captain.  Mcbeane guy.  Disruptive guy and imo backs up Ed this year and could develop into Jones replacement.  Great pick.