Rd 3, Pick 95: DT DeWayne Carter, Duke

SDS

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My favorite of the 3 picks. I still want more receivers but Carter can play. That was a position of need and the Bills added some pass rush. 

Since you know something about him...looking at his draft profile, he projects as a 3TDT?

3 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

As opposed to "it wasn't that guy everyone has been shouting for, therefore it must be a bust!"

I think that's equally as bad a take. This dude could be solid. 

The frustration is more so that we're headed for yet another season of underwhelming weapons for Josh to throw to. This has been going on for years. Yes, I know the offseason isn't over yet but people have also been saying that for years and then it's still not fixed. I'm not sure how Beane/McD get the benefit of the doubt on this one. 

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

Yeah when I think the toughnwss of a DT I think the ACC and Duke.

Wtf 

Tell ya what: when Beane gets fired for not drafting Troy Franklin, you can be the new GM. You clearly know what you're talking about, seem way more qualified, and I fully trust people 3 deep into a 6 pack of Genny at 11pm on Fridays. You, sir, are a scholar amongst apes. I commend you and your insight. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

Just now, JerseyBills said:

yall are just obsessed with adding WR. Completely ignoring 20 other positions 

You take the best players and this year they are WRs. We don’t need a jag DT, we need deep speed. Franklin and Walker were the right picks and they screwed it up

• Disagree 1

Bills are a depth Corner and mercenary post 6/1 DE away from having a “no holes” top tier defense.

Von, Rousseau, AJE 

Ed, Jones, Johnson, Carter

Milano, Bernard, Morrow, Williams

Johnson

Benford, Douglas, Elam

Bishop, Rapp, Edwards

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

Just now, Ralonzo said:

I'm just going over this again and I don't get the value here. Especially with Booker on the board if you are ok with a part-timer for your 3rd round pick, at least take one with some friggin upside. This reads a lot like Boogie 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Man, you guys know draft picks are here more than one year right?  Yes he will play behind DQ, but he gets to learn behind a great pro and eventually take over for him.  Not every pick is going to be ROY

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

And yet I will make a friendly wager with you that Allen has the best statistical season of his career this year. 

If I were a betting man, I would take you up on that because I surely believe not. 

• Like (+1) 1

This quote from moneyball seems fitting tonight:

The problem we're trying to solve is that there are rich teams and there are poor teams. Then there's fifty feet of crap, and then there's us. It's an unfair game. And now we've been gutted. We're like organ donors for the rich. Kansas City has taken our kidneys and they have taken our heart. And you guys just sit around talking the same old "good body" nonsense like we're selling jeans. Like we're looking for Fabio. We've got to think differently. We are the last dog at the bowl. You see what happens to the runt of the litter? He dies.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This guy could be a monster next to Oliver.  He is an eventual DaQuan replacement.  This is a good pick

Just read a couple of write ups on him, both says he plays 3T (or 5T) which makes sense given his size.

• Agree 1

Just now, Process said:

Know nothing about him but DT is a need. Is he more of a 1T or 3T?

More of a 3. Cover 1 guys were really high on him. Like him a lot and didn't think we'd have a shot at him at 95 the way Round 2 went. DT is EXTREMELY thin. WR still has quite a bit of meat left on the bone.

People need to relax on WR. I don't think Franklin is viewed any differently than guys like Devontez Walker, Javon Baker, Brendan Rice, Malik Washington, or Jamari Thrash in league circles. He's a sexy name on this board, but reality is that he isn't the prospect he was made out to be around here. Quite likely that we have one or more of those guys above him. They're all available currently and could be in play for us tomorrow with the ammo we have.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1